profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Fantasy Games » Pen-And-Paper RPGs
Author Topic: Pen-And-Paper RPGs
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
At school we played a "dumbed down" (for want of a better expression) version of one of these, I do not remember which. I enjoyed it, but my group didn't stay in touch and I haven't played since.

I would like to worm my way into the world of these games again, but have no idea where to start and don't know anyone who can help IRL.

Perhaps someone here can give me a few pointers? []

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think there are still one or two active RPs here in The Green Dragon.
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Probably, I owned/ran one here, but that isn't what I meant. I was thinking more along the lines of D&D etc IRL, though I don't know much about them, whiiich it probably why it wasn't clear what I meant. []
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I remember the many hours/days/weeks/months spent playing D&D 2nd edition. Pen & paper RP, complete with home-made maps and all..... good times. []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wizards of the Coast has a hobby store locator on their website. It seems to be geared primarily toward the US, but if I remember correctly, you're in the UK, right? I typed in 'england' and it gave me a Google Map of a few hobby shops (hobby as in roleplaying games, collectible card games, etc.) in various cities in England, but I suspect you'd get more precise results looking for hobby shops in your local phone directory (or whatever you folks have over there).

Good luck! []

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Thanks Éomer, and you do indeed remember correctly.

Where's a good place for a newbie to start, veterans?

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Fantasy Games » Pen-And-Paper RPGs
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help