search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Fantasy Games » A New Middle-earth/LotR Card Game
Author Topic: A New Middle-earth/LotR Card Game
Halbarad
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 11339
posted      Profile for Halbarad   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Next month (supposedly) Fantasy Flight Games is releasing The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game, the latest in their series of "Living Card Games".
See:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ed...idm=129&esem=1

I was a player/collector of the Middle-earth CCG that Iron Crown Enterprises made in the late '90s, and I was saddened that their license was revoked and given to Decipher who then produced a LotR CCG with photos from the films. [Gag! I much prefer original artwork based on the books!] They in turn lost the license and Tolkien Enterprises (now Middle-earth Enterprises) granted it to Sophisticated Games, the UK counterpart to Fantasy Flight.

Previously they had made the LOTR board game nicely illustrated by John Howe. I'm pleased to see an opportunity for artists to render Middle-earth again and looking forward to these new cards!

Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds,& probably looks interesting. May have to give it a look-see.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Fantasy Games » A New Middle-earth/LotR Card Game
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help