Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Fantasy Games » Looking for a good on-line game and need help
Author Topic: Looking for a good on-line game and need help
Fallen
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4034

posted      Profile for Fallen   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone, i need help, looking for a good on-line game the rpg ones where you start with a charactor and get stronger and more powerfull as you go along

anyone know of one?

From: In the depths of your soul, looking for the part that is lost | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eöl i Moriquendë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4026
posted      Profile for Eöl i Moriquendë   Author's Homepage   Email Eöl i Moriquendë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
'The Diablo series.'

-Dark/Elf
[] [] []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
'~Formerly: Nolofinwë~ (Ex- Member) \{^v^^v^}/
When you were born, you were crying and everyone else was smiling. Live so that when you die, you're smiling and everyone else is crying.

From: Havens of Pelagir | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Final Fantasy XI

Here's a MT thread about it.

http://www.minastirith.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000342;p=1

From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren 19th Steward
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4690
posted      Profile for Beren 19th Steward   Author's Homepage   Email Beren 19th Steward   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If Your into Terry Pratchett Theres the Discworld Mud Very good, and very funny.
From: Norwich | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fallen
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4034

posted      Profile for Fallen   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
cool they all sound really good, I'm really into the fantasy genre.
From: In the depths of your soul, looking for the part that is lost | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arorë Silvertongue
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3570

posted      Profile for Arorë Silvertongue   Author's Homepage   Email Arorë Silvertongue   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Runescape is a possibility.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Now it is a strange thing, but things that are good to have and days that are good to spend are soon told about, and not much to listen to; while things that are uncomfortable, palpitating, and even gruesome, may make a good tale, and take a deal of telling anyway.
~J.R.R. Tolkien

From: Home. For now. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fallen
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4034

wow, just had a brief look at your seggestion Arorë, do you play it?
Arorë Silvertongue
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3570

posted      Profile for Arorë Silvertongue   Author's Homepage   Email Arorë Silvertongue   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
yeah. My char's name is Elvewen and I play in world 3.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Now it is a strange thing, but things that are good to have and days that are good to spend are soon told about, and not much to listen to; while things that are uncomfortable, palpitating, and even gruesome, may make a good tale, and take a deal of telling anyway.
~J.R.R. Tolkien

From: Home. For now. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alothmin i Nolmo
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3706
posted      Profile for Alothmin i Nolmo   Email Alothmin i Nolmo   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. Runescape is good. I'm Maeryi in world 3, but I also have a question. What search terms do I use to google MUDs? It hasn't been very helpful as of late.
From: Land of Rain | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silvanis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4926
posted      Profile for Silvanis   Email Silvanis   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
my fav online game would have to be Dark Age Of Camelot
From: i dont know IM LOST!!! | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jujemu
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4706
posted      Profile for Jujemu   Email Jujemu   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
World of Warcraft

Diablo 1 - 2 EXP

You don't have to pay to play online. (WoW you do.)

-TT

[ 12-26-2004, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: Túrin Turambar ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
- "I don't want anyone else to die."
- Come play the Haiku Game!
- Gundam Pilot

"Ienai itami, kanashimi de kizutsuita kimi mo waraenai nante, hito kira nante kotoba sou iwanaide ! Mienai mirai ni okoru koto subete ni imi ga aru kara, ima wa sono mama de ii, kitto kizukeru toki ga kuru darou!"

From: "The World" | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erendis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1248

posted      Profile for Erendis   Author's Homepage   Email Erendis   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I play Runescape too; been playing since June. I'm "eerieblack" there, though I normally hang on world 19. []
From: Buenos Aires | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gimilkhad
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2746

posted      Profile for Gimilkhad   Author's Homepage   Email Gimilkhad   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Final Fantasy XI

Diablo 2 with LOD Expansion

From: Minas Tirith | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calentirn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2804

posted      Profile for Calentirn   Email Calentirn   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, Starcraft: Brood War, any other Blizzard game, Unreal Tournament 2004, Star Wars Battlefront, Star Wars Galaxies, and many others. SWG is the only one you would have to pay for.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Defender of the inalienable right of the English language to be written correctly.
"A fire, a fire is burning! I hear the boot of Lucifer; I see his filthy face! And it is my face, and yours, Danforth! For them that quail to bring men out of ignorance, as I have quailed, and as you quail now when you know in all your black hearts that this be fraud--God damns our kind especially, and we will burn, we will burn together."

From: Nebraska | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jujemu
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4706
posted      Profile for Jujemu   Email Jujemu   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
WoW is a Blizzard game, you would have to pay for that.

It's probably the best out of all of them though.

-TT

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
- Gundam Pilot

"Ienai itami, kanashimi de kizutsuita kimi mo waraenai nante, hito kira nante kotoba sou iwanaide ! Mienai mirai ni okoru koto subete ni imi ga aru kara, ima wa sono mama de ii, kitto kizukeru toki ga kuru darou!"

From: "The World" | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pippin the fierce
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4487
posted      Profile for Pippin the fierce   Author's Homepage   Email Pippin the fierce   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, RuneScape is good, as is Warcraft and Starcraft. For a console game, I'd recommend Phantasy Star Online episodes 1 and 2. It's for GC, and is a great fantasy RPG.
From: The greatest place on earth-VIRGINIA!!! | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jujemu
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4706
Any Game Cube online games I highly suggest that you do NOT get.

I played at a friend's house, and he had one of the very few games that was online. There were three different people in the WHOLE game that was suppose to be an MMORPG.
All three of them were losers trying to find out where everyone was.

[]

- Jujemu

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
- Gundam Pilot

Pippin the fierce
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4487
posted      Profile for Pippin the fierce   Author's Homepage   Email Pippin the fierce   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I play PSO for the sake of playing, cause that game rocks. Never played online though...and what game would you be talking about?
From: The greatest place on earth-VIRGINIA!!! | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jujemu
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4706
You know, I have no clue.

I don't know any Game Cube online games, I only watched and he only showed me for a good laugh.
. . . I laughed pretty hard.

- Jujemu

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
- Gundam Pilot

Pippin the fierce
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4487
lol well, again, I only play PSO off-line. But yeah, it's kinda sad how many on-line games there are for GameCube...
Jujemu
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4706
Don't waste your money to play it online.

- Jujemu

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
- Gundam Pilot

Pippin the fierce
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4487
I wasn't gonna. There was I time when I was thinking of it, but decided against it.

[ 04-29-2005, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: Pippin the fierce ]

Talan
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2413

posted      Profile for Talan   Email Talan   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Online gaming is overrated. People online are unwilling to role play, and because of this, the game simply turns into a bad chatroom with anime costumes and photon weapons. []
From: Austin, TX. Home of awesome. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pippin the fierce
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4487
Well, I've never played a GC online game, but I have played a few others.
Halo is pretty good online. There are some idiots on there who aren't interested in playing and would much rather spend their time on there shouting the f word in 20 different languages, or ask for your phone number, but I've ran into few of them. Other than that, it's fun.

The Dread Pirate Roberts
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2117
posted      Profile for The Dread Pirate Roberts   Email The Dread Pirate Roberts   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone play Medievia?
I love the old-time text-based feel.

From: Blacksburg, VA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Fantasy Games » Looking for a good on-line game and need help
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help