Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
Minas Tirith Forums » Fantasy Games » Star Wars Role Playing Game (d20) (Page 1)
Author Topic: Star Wars Role Playing Game (d20)
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I play it. Who else does?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I win!

From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Radagast the Squib
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3200

posted      Profile for Radagast the Squib   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Who, What, Where, When??

Explain please []

From: Somewhere in Mirkwood | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, it's similar to D&D and any other d20 (twenty-sided dice) game but set in the Star Wars universe. I find it to be extremely fun.
From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fabian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1948

posted      Profile for Fabian   Email Fabian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
i tried the old d6 system. It was fun.
From: Sweden, land of... err... stuff. | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Radagast the Squib
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3200

posted      Profile for Radagast the Squib   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Where can you get it??
From: Somewhere in Mirkwood | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talan
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2413

posted      Profile for Talan   Email Talan   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
SWRPG is pretty good...I prefer it to D&D...

Radagast: Try local gaming stores...if in doubt, visit a comic book store...there's almost certain to be a person there who knows where a gaming store is. []

[ 11-03-2003, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: Talan ]

From: Austin, TX. Home of awesome. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Radagast the Squib
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3200

It sounds good.... by any chance do you know how much it is??? and where to get it ( I am in England )

AND.....One more question.... sorry.... what characters are there???

Sepiroth Strife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2646

posted      Profile for Sepiroth Strife   Email Sepiroth Strife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Characters vary considering you create each and every one of them. It ran me 39.95 dollars in the US. Make sure to get the revised edition, it changes things.
From: Temple, Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

Right now I'm running a Duros starfighter pilot/scoundrel that has, through a series of odd events and very lucky rolling, become force-sensative.
Talan
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2413

posted      Profile for Talan   Email Talan   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite class to work towards is Sniper...there's nothing quite as satisfying as sitting in a two hundred meter tree and picking off storm troopers walking cluelessly on the forest floor. Or blowing up the power cell on a large weapon with a single shot, thus taking out both the gun and its crew.
From: Austin, TX. Home of awesome. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

My friend Ben plays an evil Jedi Sniper. I just like playing the whole Han Solo-type character. Because I rolled a perfect 20 and the DM rolled a 1 I bluffed a Jedi Master into thinking I could use the force. []
Stormwing the Bronze
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4480
posted      Profile for Stormwing the Bronze   Email Stormwing the Bronze   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The only Star Wars RPG I have ever played is KOTOR for Xbox. I play D&D, though. Sven, Ruler of All, is in my group. Ever met him?

By the way, I'm new. Hi all! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Some human sages used to claim that despite all their power and magesty, all dragons had a weakness.
Said outraged dragon sages, "Weakenss? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and thou shalt soon see who is weak!"
...the human sages never lived very long...

From: Shafaer austratars arkepesk! (On the wings of a storm!) | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hidalgo
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1083
posted      Profile for Hidalgo   Edit/Delete Post 
I know it (the d20 sistem).
I prefer the d6 one.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I am unworthy to remain a citizen of MT, so pay no heed to my words.

In Deo Spes Mea.

From: Madrid - Spain | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talan
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2413

Stormwing, I highly reccommend you pick SWRPG up. I've played D&D for awhile, but once I picked up SWRPG, I found it much more fun and satisfying, because there is more context and depth to the gaming world and the time periods in which one is playing. It helps to have buddies who know a heck of a lot about Star Wars history, though.
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Once again I am hampered by my lack of roleplaying friends anywhere nearby (they're all in Vermont [] ).

I really should pick up a copy of the book though. Just in case... []

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

I hear ya, big É. All mine are living back up at school for the summer while I'm down here.
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe we should try to play something over the phone. []

You: "As you make your way through the dungeon, a hideous kobold springs forth and attacks!"

Me: "Not frightened by this pathetic excuse for a random encounter, I calmly, almost mockingly step forth and attack." ::pause:: "W00t! Natural 20!"

You: "You liar! You didn't roll a 20!"

Me: "Did too!"

You: "Prove it!"

Me: "How? You can't see my dice!"

You: "Exactly! I win!"

Me: "But I...damn!"

[]

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

The telephone lines would make for a terrific DM Screen. []
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

Welp, I went out and purchased the rulebook today, even if I don't have a group to play the game with at the moment. Even though d20 isn't my favorite system, it looks like they've done a good job with creating a d20 game that works in the Star Wars universe.

Hopefully I'll actually be able to find a use for the dang book, now... []

Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

Have you heard of the Lord of the Rings d6 system? I've never played it but my D&D group did last semester while I was away at the CMC.
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

You mean the one by Decipher released after FOTR? Yeah, I own the rulebook. It looks pretty interesting, but I haven't had the opportunity to test it out yet. []
Imrahil of Amroth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4809
posted      Profile for Imrahil of Amroth   Email Imrahil of Amroth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard that Decifer's game is crappy.(www.darkshire.net)
That really pissed me off because LotR is the perfect setting for an rpg.
Anyway, you could probably get D&D and modify it for LotR.

I just got the star wars game. It's pretty fun. []
I run a Human scoundrel (sp?) and a Kaminoan scout. They're spice
smugglers in the empire era. Who else runs multiple characters?

[ 09-12-2004, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: Imrahil of Amroth ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"For foremost on the field rode the swan-knights of Dol Amroth with their Prince and his blue banner at their head. 'Amroth for Gondor!' they cried. 'Amroth to Faramir!'"

From: Billings, MT | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Imrahil of Amroth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4809
posted      Profile for Imrahil of Amroth   Email Imrahil of Amroth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*doublepostsorrybump*
From: Billings, MT | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GimBill
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2658

posted      Profile for GimBill   Author's Homepage   Email GimBill   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The SWRPG is ok. I think that it is best showcased in KOTOR, as that is EXACTLY how the game should be. The SWRPG is based off of 3rd Edition D&D, and I really don't like 3rd Ed. The only thing about 3rd Ed I like is the SWRPG. And that's because of lightsabers. [] I am a 2nd Edition D&D player, have been for 12 years, and will continue to be! Viva la Resistance!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Play 'Wheels On The Bus' and get the hell out of my sight."

On a bumper sticker "Jesus Saves...the rest of you take full damage."

From: The Heart of Yawgoog! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theoden King
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4826
posted      Profile for Theoden King   Email Theoden King   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I play with Imrahil. I have a Human Force Adept and an Ewok noble []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Arise, Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken, sheild be splintered, a sword day, a red day ere the sun rises! Ride now, ride now,! Ride to Gondor!

From: The Red States | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Fantasy Games » Star Wars Role Playing Game (d20) (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help