Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 
Minas Tirith Forums » Fantasy Games » Movies, Swords, all thing Medieval!!! (Page 4)
Author Topic: Movies, Swords, all thing Medieval!!!
Sam Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2395

posted      Profile for Sam Gamgee   Email Sam Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
and as for gunpowder they did use it on the Chinese thy used it open holes into the wall and then send their calvary archers or Mangudai's in to finish the battle off
If I remember correctly, the Mongols bribed one of the gate guards and got their entire army into China without setting off the fires down the entire wall.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5059
posted      Profile for Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The French did nothing to start America
From: Philly | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mad Uncle Rupert
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1148

posted      Profile for Mad Uncle Rupert   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I told you there were people who disliked the French more than me.
From: Playing softball with the Nazarenes | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5059
posted      Profile for Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
actually the battle betwen the Mongols and the Chinese in gunpowder was asalemate because the Chinese only had limited gunpowder weapons then te Mongols hired Turkish engineers and then used gunpowder to destroy walls and then on the inner walls thet bribed the guards so in a sense we were both correct
From: Philly | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5059
Well then Mad Uncle Rupert we have something in common
hatred of the french

[ 07-02-2005, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas ]

Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
How ignorant the youth of my country is today. Brings a tear to this American eye. []
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hidalgo
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1083
posted      Profile for Hidalgo   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Other than supplying you with money, ammunition and weapons, beating the British navy in Chesapeake Bay, and forcing the British to deploy troops all over the world instead of concentrating them in America, you mean?
From: Madrid - Spain | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mad Uncle Rupert
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1148

posted      Profile for Mad Uncle Rupert   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
But the French did it for their own purposes, so it doesn't count.

King Stupid, I don't think we have anything in common, at least in this.

[ 07-03-2005, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: Mad Uncle Rupert ]

From: Playing softball with the Nazarenes | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5059
Hidalgo That did not start America though it helped.
Hidalgo
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1083
posted      Profile for Hidalgo   Edit/Delete Post 
They didn't start America, but they did something to start it. And sure, they had their own reasons for it, but that doesn't alter the fact.
From: Madrid - Spain | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theoden Horsemaster
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5009
posted      Profile for Theoden Horsemaster   Email Theoden Horsemaster   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The French kick ass!!!! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
..The Lord is my Shepherd.....
...Our Father who art in Heaven....
...Hail Mary full of grace.....
....Glory be to the Father......
..I belive in God the Father al...
..Hail Holy Queen Mother of.......

From: Exploring Middle-Earth on my beloved horse Snowmane | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2395

posted      Profile for Sam Gamgee   Email Sam Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Anywho, back to the subject, this is a very cool weapon. (Click on the picture for a larger version) It features four 9" sharpened blades. It's called Critical Mass. King Of Swords (formerly Empire Swords) is a very cool site for weapons. All (or most) of their swords come sharpened.

[ 07-03-2005, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: Sam Gamgee ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theoden Horsemaster
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5009
posted      Profile for Theoden Horsemaster   Email Theoden Horsemaster   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, yes. Very nice. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
..The Lord is my Shepherd.....
...Our Father who art in Heaven....
...Hail Mary full of grace.....
....Glory be to the Father......
..I belive in God the Father al...
..Hail Holy Queen Mother of.......

From: Exploring Middle-Earth on my beloved horse Snowmane | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Éoric of the Riddermark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2302

posted      Profile for Éoric of the Riddermark   Author's Homepage   Email Éoric of the Riddermark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Two things:

JSKoB: I'm aware of the Mongol attempts (there were actually two) to invade Japan. But since they did not conquer Japan, and it was not absorbed into the Mongol Empire, it is accurate to say that the Mongols carved the Mongol Empire without the use of a navy. []

Second, when I spoke of gunpowder, I meant that the Mongols did not use it as a weapon (in the way the French and British later would). A siege instrument is another matter...

From: Wilsonville, OR | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5059
Yes I know and I'm sorry if I sounded like a jerk trying to prove you wrong (unlike some people) I understand your point Eoric

[ 07-20-2005, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas ]

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The mini-series The Vikings was quite entertaining!

Enjoyed seeing some of the New Varangian Guard in action in July! They take their re-enactment seriously.

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
A new season of Game of Thrones is coming soon!
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Fantasy Games » Movies, Swords, all thing Medieval!!! (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help