Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
Minas Tirith Forums » Fantasy Games » LOTR Risk (Page 2)
Author Topic: LOTR Risk
Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

posted      Profile for bombadil   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Mahanaxar, that's what my son and I do too. And we have a lot more fun that way. (Even though he still wins far more often than I do . . .)
From: Meridian ID | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I still do good vs bad, though. It's more fun with a teammate.
From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lost king
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4098
posted      Profile for the lost king   Author's Homepage   Email the lost king   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I like every man for himself better. its a lot of fun when your trying to outwit 5 other people.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Ignorance is NOT bliss, It's a freakin' pain in the butt.

That's what pessimistic optimism is all about. ~Braeden Fireheart

From: Lameham MD | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eowyn of Rohan
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4304
posted      Profile for Eowyn of Rohan   Email Eowyn of Rohan   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I love to play LOTR Risk. My uncle and I gain up against my sister, till she's hanging on by a limb. Then she quits. Finally it's up to my uncle and I to battle it out. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
God didn't promise days without sorrow, or sun without rain, but he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. If God brought you to it, He will bring you through it! ~Unknown

From: Smalltown, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curufinwe Lord of Noldor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4600
posted      Profile for Curufinwe Lord of Noldor   Author's Homepage   Email Curufinwe Lord of Noldor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
ITS AT KB TOYS!!!

By the way. I bought it and it is awsome, but i didnt really like the map provided so I made my own maps on Cardboard. Made a map of Southern Middle Earth (During 3rd Age-Enlarged version of regular), Eastern Coastline of Valinor, Belariand, Angband, Gondolin, Menegroth, Gondolin, Minas Tirith. I am currently looking for more ideas... Help?? []

Im thinkin bout Utumno []

From: Gondolin | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curufinwe Lord of Noldor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4600
posted      Profile for Curufinwe Lord of Noldor   Author's Homepage   Email Curufinwe Lord of Noldor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just for you information i Put places of power and Fortresses on these maps also. I might even make some custom power cards []
From: Gondolin | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anarion of the Faithful
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4639
posted      Profile for Anarion of the Faithful   Email Anarion of the Faithful   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Of course you are including Helcaraxë arent you? that would be a huge focal point connecting middle earth &Valinor.

NUMENORË!!!!!!!!!

[ 06-17-2004, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: Anarion of the Faithful ]

From: God's Hand | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ingaran Nolofinwë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4240
posted      Profile for Ingaran Nolofinwë   Author's Homepage   Email Ingaran Nolofinwë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
From: Washington State University | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anarion of the Faithful
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4639
posted      Profile for Anarion of the Faithful   Email Anarion of the Faithful   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
From: God's Hand | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ingaran Nolofinwë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4240
posted      Profile for Ingaran Nolofinwë   Author's Homepage   Email Ingaran Nolofinwë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 

From: Washington State University | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiderofRohan
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5025
posted      Profile for RiderofRohan   Email RiderofRohan   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Both LoTR and Risk are great, so the game should be good right?

WRONG!

Even though Risk is a very mind-challenging and fun game, LoTR Risk is expensive and is totally against the classic rules of the game(Risk). Only if you're a true hardcore Risk fan would I recommend this game

Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I would disagree with you there. Especialy as you can play LotR Risk with the ordinary rules, if you so choose.
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've been a Risk fan since uni days, and am also a great fan of the LOTR board games (I think we now have them all, but am not certain), and I really enjoy LOTR Risk. Yes, it's not the same as Risk, but it has its own charm, and as DQ says you can use the board to play original Risk if you want.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Queen of Grammar with King Marcho.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Incanus
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5034
posted      Profile for Incanus   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
A very interesting game. I play it alot with my friends. (We play a different game every week at school during lunch) It is one of the best LotR board games I have ever played (which are not vast in number).

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I aistan ilfirinion

From: Minas Tirith | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theoden Horsemaster
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5009
posted      Profile for Theoden Horsemaster   Email Theoden Horsemaster   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Man I love that game... [] []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
..The Lord is my Shepherd.....
...Our Father who art in Heaven....
...Hail Mary full of grace.....
....Glory be to the Father......
..I belive in God the Father al...
..Hail Holy Queen Mother of.......

From: Exploring Middle-Earth on my beloved horse Snowmane | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pippin the fierce
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4487
posted      Profile for Pippin the fierce   Author's Homepage   Email Pippin the fierce   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
LotR Risk is a great game. Some of the rules are a little weird.....me and my friends play by regular Risk rules, and the travel thing....i usually end up being good (cause my favorite color is GREEN!) and therefore usually lose.....although I love the game, I'm not very skilled....

[ 04-25-2005, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Pippin the fierce ]

From: The greatest place on earth-VIRGINIA!!! | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Numenorean_guy
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4944
posted      Profile for Numenorean_guy   Email Numenorean_guy   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
i have this game and it's fun to play

one thing i noticed was MOST games based on LOTR is just based on the movies. nothing about the books (sigh)

From: The sunken isle of Numenore | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5059
posted      Profile for Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
LOTR Risk is a great game. I think it's bettr han the original Risk, and think they whould do one about Beleriand
From: Philly | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theoden Horsemaster
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5009
posted      Profile for Theoden Horsemaster   Email Theoden Horsemaster   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hear, hear! *Raises bear and chugs it down*

[] [] [] []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
..The Lord is my Shepherd.....
...Our Father who art in Heaven....
...Hail Mary full of grace.....
....Glory be to the Father......
..I belive in God the Father al...
..Hail Holy Queen Mother of.......

From: Exploring Middle-Earth on my beloved horse Snowmane | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5059
posted      Profile for Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
dont know about you Theoden Horsemaster but i cant lift bears so i'll just drink a beer instead
From: Philly | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anarion of the Faithful
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4639
[]
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5059
but seriously LOTR risk is indeed a great game for the ages sometimes i just make up myown rules ad its much better that way cause it intrestin
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
LOTR Risk is indeed a great game. We played it 'straight' the first few times, but now we adapt it to suit us. It's even more fun then, as you said.
Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5059
I just recently had a LOTR Risk tournament over the weekend and i came in second out of 20
I love this game there is nothing bad about it.

~ We don't need no education
We dont need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the classroom
Teachers leave them kids alone
Hey! Teachers! Leave them kids alone!
All in all it's just another brick in the wall.
All in all you're just another brick in the wall.

[ 08-16-2005, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas ]

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Fantasy Games » LOTR Risk (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help