Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
Minas Tirith Forums » Fantasy Games » LOTR Risk (Page 1)
Author Topic: LOTR Risk
Rhovanion
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1910
posted      Profile for Rhovanion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
OK, i was on ebay looking for some LOTR stuff and i stumbled across some RISK board games in the LOTR fashion. does anyone know a store where i can find one? thanks.
From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tensen_Vil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 65

posted      Profile for Tensen_Vil   Author's Homepage   Email Tensen_Vil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Don't buy it!!!! Not unless you want it just to have it... 'cause the game sucks lol... We played it at the local game store and... euch!!!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"'Kill!' shouted Ford. He shouted it at his towel.
The towel lept up out of Harl's hands.
This was not because it had any motive force of its own, but because Harl was so startled at the idea that it might."
--Mostly Harmless by Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

From: Pueblo, Co. | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I beg to differ. The game combines two of the greatest things ever: Risk and LotR! The gameplay is so original while still keeping the spirit of global domination that is Risk. It has a new twist to it, but you can still play just regular World Domination Risk on the Middle Earth map.

I bought mine at a local Toys 'R' Us. They should have plenty there.

Also, I think that there may be an expansion released in the future. If you notice, Gondor and Mordor aren't on the map. Also, the sea route extends off the map to a location not yet there. I have heard no rumors, this is just what I hypothesize.

Anyway, GET IT! IT'S BEASTLY!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I win!

From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elessar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 871

posted      Profile for Elessar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Maha is right..... as usual. [] Middle Earth Risk is awesome. I can just not describe it because it is to cool. Get it. Now I want Computer ME Risk. That would be aweome cause you could play online. []
From: Alabama | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhovanion
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1910
posted      Profile for Rhovanion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, i heard that the twist to it is there, but thats not really waht im looking for. i just want ME to be on a Risk board.
From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
There is a new "Trillogy Edition" out now which has the missing Gondor, Mordor, and Haradwaith part of the old board! Woo! Plus new cards and new optional rules!
From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fabian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1948

posted      Profile for Fabian   Email Fabian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
w00+463!!
From: Sweden, land of... err... stuff. | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

I'm so playing it tonight!
Kupo
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3738

posted      Profile for Kupo   Author's Homepage   Email Kupo   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I played normal risk tonight.........and TOOK OVER THE WORLD! BWHWHAHAHAHAH! []

I wish I could play ME Risk but I still think saying you took over Russia is more fun. []

From: If only, if only... | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

Well last night I totally owned Deraj in it as the evil duders. Woo!
Durthdil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3873
posted      Profile for Durthdil   Email Durthdil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Although I like the LOTR RISK,I prefer thr normal one, in my opinion you have more chances and ways to attack...
From: Europe | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

posted      Profile for bombadil   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Son and I are in the middle of Trilogy Risk. We were even until he went on an amazing rampage through Mordor -- I rolled lots of 1's and 2's while he was kicking butt. I lost an entire region, two strongholds, a source of power and at least a dozen armies pretty quickly. We're taking a break, but he definitely has the advantage now.
From: Meridian ID | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fallen
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4034

posted      Profile for Fallen   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've just finished playing it, and i was beaten to a pulp, i was the only goodie, and at the end i only held on to mithlond, its sooooo not fair, I held the entire area, and to end up with just one little area sucks [] [] [] [] []
From: In the depths of your soul, looking for the part that is lost | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

posted      Profile for bombadil   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
For son and I it was the other way around. He was the good guys, I was orcs. And we were pretty even through the first three turns until his big string of luck.

After that it was downhill for me. He just kept getting more and more battalions and I kept getting fewer. We finally finished yesterday, but we kept playing until my last battalion was gone, just like real Risk. We didn't quit when the Ring was thrown in Mt. Doom.

From: Meridian ID | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fallen
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4034

posted      Profile for Fallen   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thats what I wanted to do, I wanted to carry on and fight, but I was out numbered in the vote, so I slunk off with my tail between my legs. [] [] [] []
From: In the depths of your soul, looking for the part that is lost | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lost king
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4098
posted      Profile for the lost king   Author's Homepage   Email the lost king   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Risk is one of the greatest games of all time. I haeven't found the LOTR Vesion yt though. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Ignorance is NOT bliss, It's a freakin' pain in the butt.

That's what pessimistic optimism is all about. ~Braeden Fireheart

From: Lameham MD | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ingaran Nolofinwë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4240
posted      Profile for Ingaran Nolofinwë   Author's Homepage   Email Ingaran Nolofinwë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Dont bother getting it. It really really sucks. []
From: Washington State University | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thangail
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1292

posted      Profile for Thangail   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Does it?
From: Capital City | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Aranel Charis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2061

posted      Profile for Aranel Charis   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
No, it does not.
From: Leeds | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Indil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4434

posted      Profile for Indil   Author's Homepage   Email Indil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It is sooo cool. I'm so glas I have it. We were on holiday last week, and we played it every night and I lost about every time (which was not so good, bt ah well, it was fun).
I'm SO hoping I'll get the Gondor-Mordor-Harad-version!!!

From: The Netherlands | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hylian Hero
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4210
posted      Profile for Hylian Hero   Email Hylian Hero   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have it...i like the RISK part of it, but i hate the "Adventure" game that they added in there for kicks...the Adventure was HORRIBLE
From: Windy City | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
LOTR Risk is a great game! Though I'm prejudiced, cos I never ever lost at it yet. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Queen of Grammar with King Marcho.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guinevere
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1141

posted      Profile for Guinevere   Author's Homepage   Email Guinevere   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome game! Its too bad my family is too lame to play it..
From: California, where else? | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

I love the different rules it offers to the game of Risk such as:
-No attacking over water/mountains unless there is a bridge or water route
-Fortresses and leaders giving defensive/offensive bonuses
-The static card exchange (4, 6, 8, 10 throughout the entire game)
-Power cards add an interesting aspect to gameplay

The adventure part of the game is lacking at best so most of the time I leave it out and just play with the new rules and map. []

E: Oh and I'm sure to leave out the point system and cards that have anything to do with the ring.

[ 05-12-2004, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Mahanaxar the Spoony Bard ]

Elros
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4259
posted      Profile for Elros   Author's Homepage   Email Elros   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'll play with you Guin! Me and Elornd play each other all the time!

[ 05-12-2004, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: Elros ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I don't need your civil war
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor
Your power hungry sellin' soldiers
In a human grocery store
Ain't that fresh
I don't need your civil war

From: OBX NC | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Fantasy Games » LOTR Risk (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help