Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
Minas Tirith Forums » Fantasy Games » Magic the Gathering (Page 1)
Author Topic: Magic the Gathering
Calentirn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2804

posted      Profile for Calentirn   Email Calentirn   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I just looked through and realized there wasn't a MTG thread. I was just curious to see if there was anyone on MT that played Magic. If so, I'm always open to discussing strategy and the like.

[ 01-07-2003, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: Ithronedúath ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Defender of the inalienable right of the English language to be written correctly.
"A fire, a fire is burning! I hear the boot of Lucifer; I see his filthy face! And it is my face, and yours, Danforth! For them that quail to bring men out of ignorance, as I have quailed, and as you quail now when you know in all your black hearts that this be fraud--God damns our kind especially, and we will burn, we will burn together."

From: Nebraska | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Radagast the Onyx
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2728

posted      Profile for Radagast the Onyx   Email Radagast the Onyx   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I used to. I was pretty good, won a few Friday Night Magic's and had a decent collection. But it got boring and the deck-types and strategies were all old, so I quit and sold all my cards about the time Judgement came out.
From: Abilene, Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystic Hunter
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2298

posted      Profile for Mystic Hunter   Email Mystic Hunter   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I love playing magic. I was out for a few years. I just recently got back into it. I still love squirrel prison and white weenie. What do you play?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I plan the complete and total GENOCIDE of all rabbits...yes even the so called "cute fluffy" ones!
Winner of best Legolas Avy!
TOOMT!!!

From: Rivendell | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calentirn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2804

posted      Profile for Calentirn   Email Calentirn   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I play Friday Night Magic, so I have most of the current cards. Right now I have a nasty burn deck and a white weenie/Exalted Angel deck. The white deck still needs some work...

My favorite card has to be Deranged Hermit, and I love squirrels.

[ 04-14-2003, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: Calentirn ]

From: Nebraska | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roka
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 3070
posted      Profile for Roka   Author's Homepage   Email Roka   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
hi!
I used to play might and magic but i played it to much and now im fink ite boring.

From: Sweden | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roka
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 3070
posted      Profile for Roka   Author's Homepage   Email Roka   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
sorry i write wrong i mean Magic the Gathering
i dont now why i wrote might and magic:D

From: Sweden | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Cheat
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 3042
posted      Profile for The Cheat   Author's Homepage   Email The Cheat   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
heros sucks
From: The Magical Land Of Narnia! | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystic Hunter
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2298

posted      Profile for Mystic Hunter   Email Mystic Hunter   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Stay on topic please!
What is in your white deck?
Hey pm me so we can talk it would be much better.
Oh and blue/green Squirrel Prison rules!

[ 01-11-2003, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: Mystic Hunter ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I plan the complete and total GENOCIDE of all rabbits...yes even the so called "cute fluffy" ones!
TOOMT!!!

From: Rivendell | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Radagast the Squib
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3200

posted      Profile for Radagast the Squib   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I HAVE NOTHING IN MY WHITE DECK!!!
From: Somewhere in Mirkwood | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elyrka Redsmith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3054

posted      Profile for Elyrka Redsmith   Author's Homepage   Email Elyrka Redsmith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Roka, word of warning. Don't double post! If you double post outside of the Log, you could be lined up and shot! Use the little feather at the top of your message to edit! Be careful! You never know who's reading these threads! *Slips away into the background*
I would so rock at RP!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Vandanye a varya Quenya ve i orohalla lambë mennai inye ná tarasselyallo lehta, var qualmë mapanye i quáresse Sindarinwa.
-devART- | Please refrain from licking this signature. | "You have the spirit of Braveheart in you!" | LJ
"In Scotland, we have mixed views on global warming. We could just sit on the mountains and watch the English drown."

From: On the wind in the wires. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aylah the Wind Sister
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2740

posted      Profile for Aylah the Wind Sister   Author's Homepage   Email Aylah the Wind Sister   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Dude!
Magic rocks! who here loves green?!?!? I DO!

From: lets just say I have a ton of washing to do... | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calentirn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2804

What all is in your deck, KK? Are you involved in any tournaments?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Defender of the inalienable right of the English language to be written correctly.
"A fire, a fire is burning! I hear the boot of Lucifer; I see his filthy face! And it is my face, and yours, Danforth! For them that quail to bring men out of ignorance, as I have quailed, and as you quail now when you know in all your black hearts that this be fraud--God damns our kind especially, and we will burn, we will burn together."

Radagast the Onyx
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2728

posted      Profile for Radagast the Onyx   Email Radagast the Onyx   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just a fun little story I have:

One time at a tournament, I had a Spiritmonger with 2 Armadillo Cloaks out on turn 3 (which is a 10/10 regenerater with trample, and I gain 10 health each attack)! How did I do it in a Standard legal tourny? Elves.

From: Abilene, Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calentirn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2804

I got out of Magic for a few months, and I am just now getting back into it with renewed fervor. I recently build a speed red/green beatdown deck and won a FNM tourney. This is my DCI rating. Unfortunately, the money isn't flowing in as fast as I'd like to, so I've been able to purchase very few boosters of Onslaught and Legions. I still need 3 Mobilizations, 4 Voidmage Prodigies, 2 Ravenous Baloth, 2 Hystrodon, and others. I am pretty disappointed by Legions. There are only two cards I like in the set: Phage the Untouchable and Windborn Muse, which I still need three of...

I tried out the online Magic program Apprentice, and it works, so I've been playing some games on that. If someone would like to play a game, either PM me, visit the #Apprentice IRC channel on the SorceryNet server, or come to the MT IRC channel. I'm usually there.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Roll of Honor Miz Lobelia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1612

posted      Profile for Miz Lobelia   Email Miz Lobelia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I used to play, but quite a while ago. The group I game with went through a Magic phase and then back to Traveler and D&D. I still have my cards, but they are all old stuff from Arabian Nights, Legends, Ice Ages, etc. I don't recognize any of the cards mentioned, so I guess I am REALLY out of date. What does Squirrel Prison do?
From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celebranthir
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 3276
posted      Profile for Celebranthir   Email Celebranthir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I love magic. I have played it a few years now. I am pretty sure that I have had the most lives ever in magic history. 4,5 MILLION! Serra avatar, Angelic choirs, Defence of the heart and Flicker.
Blue is my favorite though:)
Pluss I get 4 45000000/45000000 creatures. one tiny Rancore and I kick ass...

[ 04-03-2003, 03:39 AM: Message edited by: Celebranthir ]

From: Norway | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Estel Elessar
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2989
posted      Profile for Estel Elessar   Email Estel Elessar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I used to play Type 1. I had a pretty good Mono-blue deck with the powers and so on.

I have recently quit the game.

Estel Elessar

From: Italy | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sepiroth Strife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2646

posted      Profile for Sepiroth Strife   Email Sepiroth Strife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I had a couple of decks...still do if I can find them...A black and green, black and blue, white, blue and white, red and black (my fav), and a pure counterspell deck (well...almost). I had this one pure green deck that hasn't been beat to my knowledge. Though rarely did any of my decks lose to other decks not created by me.
From: Temple, Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celebranthir
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 3276
posted      Profile for Celebranthir   Email Celebranthir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone tried to play with Barrin Master Wizard? HE does not seem to good, but when you try him in game he will winn it for you. The trick is to play him late, just before you are able to return enaugh creatures to kill yor foe.
Other great cards (that are not of the Black Lotus, Time Walk standard) are Time spiral, Congregate, Willbender, City of brass, Recurring Nightmare etc, etc.
What are yor favorite cards?

[ 04-11-2003, 07:17 AM: Message edited by: Celebranthir ]

From: Norway | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calentirn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2804

Celebranthir: I've had a 5,000,000,000,000,000/5,000,000,000,000,000 Serra Avatar before (it was actually infinite/infinite...5 quadrillion was just the number I chose), and I've had billions of sliver tokens (also infinite), plus I've had infinite life.

I've won the last three FNM tourneys at my town...two constructed, and one limited. I've definitely gotten back into the game, and my Red/Green beatdown deck has helped [] . I'm also trying out a hybrid Blue/White Astral Slide deck.

Again, I have Apprentice, so if anyone would like to play a Type II game, just PM me. I always have decks to test out.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Midus unknown
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 358
posted      Profile for Midus unknown   Email Midus unknown   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I once Made it to the magic regionals but i mainly play in prereleases. I've been playing magic since revised came out.
From: once i lived in the land of mirkwood but now i travel the world | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Meneldil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 417

posted      Profile for Meneldil   Email Meneldil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I playy a little simple ie. no rules that aren't in the beginners set.

I play a bit with my friends but nothing serious. Personally I use a green and white deck.

From: Guildford, England | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystic Hunter
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2298

I played Barrin Master Wizard in my arcane control deck along with horsehoe crab and hermetic study and also my beatdown creatures were morphling and ferry conclave. the conclave was a huge help!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
TOOMT!!!

Amee The Shadowdancer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1934

posted      Profile for Amee The Shadowdancer   Email Amee The Shadowdancer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have alot of cards....... But no one to play with........
From: On a big hill in Wisconsin | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Radagast the Squib
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3200

posted      Profile for Radagast the Squib   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have lots of people to play with... but no cards...
From: Somewhere in Mirkwood | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Fantasy Games » Magic the Gathering (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help