Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
Minas Tirith Forums » Fantasy Games » Warhammer (Page 4)
Author Topic: Warhammer
Mavis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4652
posted      Profile for Mavis   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a huge fan of the Clan Eshin rules for Skaven in the Storm of Chaos campaign. I don't like the Errantry War rules for Bretonnia however. Yeah, I'm a bit weird. In normal play my favorite armies are the height of chivalry and honor as well as teh bottomless pit of dirty tricks and backstabbing scum. I swear I have multiple personality junk going on here. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

From: Stuck in a mental mire | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erufailar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3417

posted      Profile for Erufailar   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
YAY!!! The thread has returned!!! And, Mouth of Sauron, where did you hear that news?
From: Chicago, Illinois | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Imrahil of Amroth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4809
posted      Profile for Imrahil of Amroth   Email Imrahil of Amroth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It's all on the GW site, you just have to look around in their news section and forums. I play tau in 40k and I have a huge LotR army, including a mûmak. Also, the troll chieftan comes out at the same time - this Christmas.

[ 08-19-2004, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: Imrahil of Amroth ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"For foremost on the field rode the swan-knights of Dol Amroth with their Prince and his blue banner at their head. 'Amroth for Gondor!' they cried. 'Amroth to Faramir!'"

From: Billings, MT | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tar-Minastir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4001

posted      Profile for Tar-Minastir   Email Tar-Minastir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yaha! I have Guards of the Fountain Court!

Now all I need is time to paint them...

By the by, does anybody have any tips as how I can get the helmets to really shine? They are mithril, after all, yet my spider senses tell me that just mithril silver layered over black certainly won't cut it. Some Tin Bitz in between the two may do it, but is there any way to make it even better than that?

From: Vermont | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Imrahil of Amroth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4809
posted      Profile for Imrahil of Amroth   Email Imrahil of Amroth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
No idea. Guards of the fountain court are totally awesome, though. So are the Citadel guard and Knights of Dol Amroth. I flew into a rage at some guys who were making fun of the GotFC on the LotR movie pics thread. Check it out. (page 75 I think.)

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"For foremost on the field rode the swan-knights of Dol Amroth with their Prince and his blue banner at their head. 'Amroth for Gondor!' they cried. 'Amroth to Faramir!'"

From: Billings, MT | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theoden King
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4826
posted      Profile for Theoden King   Email Theoden King   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I am debating whether to quit buying alltogether or just by a lot on ebay and some more riders

Imrahil check your pm's (how was the meet?)

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Arise, Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken, sheild be splintered, a sword day, a red day ere the sun rises! Ride now, ride now,! Ride to Gondor!

From: The Red States | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Imrahil of Amroth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4809
I got 22:33, I think.
The course was hard and really hot. The ground was so uneven in parts
it was like running through a corn field.

Mavis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4652
posted      Profile for Mavis   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
just by a lot on ebay and some more riders
That is a good idea. My dad just started using ebay for non-LotR stuff a little while ago (a few months) and we have a whole cabinet of stuff from tons of armies, all painted and pretty darn cheap. Ebay is your friend.
From: Stuck in a mental mire | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Imrahil of Amroth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4809
I can never find anything cheap that I really want enough to go through all the trouble to order and wait for.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Theoden King
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4826
posted      Profile for Theoden King   Email Theoden King   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
sucks for you [] thats my favorite smiley

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Arise, Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken, sheild be splintered, a sword day, a red day ere the sun rises! Ride now, ride now,! Ride to Gondor!

From: The Red States | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Imrahil of Amroth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4809
[] [] [] [] [] [] []
Olson
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4848
posted      Profile for Olson   Edit/Delete Post 
I have 40 Imperial people and 1 tank. On the Lord of the Rings i have an elephant, 100 Uruks, 48 men of minas tirith, 48 orcs, 18 riders of rohan, 3 easterlings, 3 aragorns, 4 boromirs, the fellowship, Sauron, the witch king on a fell beast, and many others
From: under your bed | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Imrahil of Amroth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4809
There are no elephants in LotR.
Use proper terminology. oliphaunt or mûmak .

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Erufailar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3417

posted      Profile for Erufailar   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I come back to you now at the turn of the tide...

I WON BRONZE AT THE GOLDEN DEMON (youngbloods)!!!!!! PRINCE TYRION!!!!!!!

Ok...Mouth of Sauron is coming soon...I saw a picture on the GW website

Scouring of the Shire is coming out Jan.-Feb. 2005
Battle of Five Armies is coming out (it's going to be in a warmaster/epic 40k style)
pics are up at www.thelastalliance.com

Oh...and about the fountain guard...if you want them to be REALLY shiny, you can "polish"/scrape the pewter to get a very shiny/mirrored look

On my fountain guard, I painted them mithril/hint of blue mixed in. I noticed in the movie that they seemed to have bluish armor, maybe because the sky is reflected off of them since they're up so high guarding the fountain. I found that starting with a basecoat of 50/50 regal blue and mithril silver worked well, building up the mithril.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
-Formerly the soldier of Gondor known as Carnelamoth

From: Chicago, Illinois | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mavis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4652
Awesome Erufailar! A Golden Demon! Even if it is youngbloods. I've seen pictures of some of those and they scare me with the amounts of skill involved. But then, from your painting tips you can tell you know what you're doing. []
Erufailar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3417

Thanks, Mavis! The new White Dwarf with the Chicago results just came out (even though the event was in July...). You can also check out the stuff on the website. I'm just going to put a word in about the storm of chaos...

The Defeneders of Light won...by a lot I think. In ranking of the most wins (I don't think GW published the percentage of wins to losses), first came the Empire, then Chaos, Orks, and High Elves (my army...WOOt.). The High Elves won a surprising amount of wins, being the highest winning "secondary" army in the campaign. I think many would agree that high elves are one of the most neglected armies. In addition, the campaign list they published was VERY inferior. In total, the wins of the Sea Guard list made up for something like five percent of the total wins. So...yeah...

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
-Formerly the soldier of Gondor known as Carnelamoth

Mavis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4652
Yay for the high elves! Though I've always been a fan of the Bretonnians and the Skaven (I know, I know, I'm a walking oximoron [] ) I like the high elves as well.
Tar-Minastir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4001

posted      Profile for Tar-Minastir   Email Tar-Minastir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, i've painted up my Guards of the Fountain Court. They look decent (especially from afar [] ) and they only need a bit of touch-up now. It's not a professional job in the least, but I am quite happy with them. I'll have the hang of this painting thing yet.
From: Vermont | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erufailar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3417

The Elven Lord on Griffon I've been working on over the summer

The Elven Lord on Steed that I was working on....

Mavis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4652
Those are awesome! Well, on the first you can't see as much of how it will turn out, but on the second ... []
Erufailar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3417

Pretty much my album with finished minis, including 6 new pics

They include the LE High Elf Hero (which I won a painting competion with; I also think I could've picked up a gold at the demon with it...), Inquisitor Lord Coteaz, two inquisitorial henchmen, and a Grey Knight Terminator.

Imrahil of Amroth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4809
How do you do that [] [] [] [] []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Theoden King
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4826
I just missed out on getting a huge Daemonhunter lot on ebay for half price!!! [] [] Anyone willing to sell their armies to me cheap?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Eorulin Son of Derolin
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4911
posted      Profile for Eorulin Son of Derolin   Email Eorulin Son of Derolin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Im playing the lotr table top for over a year now and evry week i buy new soldiers in a hobby store [] I have over 400 Uruk-Hai and alot of gondorian soldiers + some Mumaks and trolls...I even made Helmsdeep and Minas tirith (Im almost on the 5th level of minas tirith)
Who has Merry and pippin?They are the only heroes i don't have..

From: belgium | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erufailar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3417

Hey! Welcome to MT! Sounds like you're pretty serious with the game. I've got 2 Merrys and one Pippin. I'd be glad to go for a transaction of some sort. The hobbits are from FotR, but one Merry is from RotK. I'm willing to get rid of the Shire hobbits as long as I can get Pippin in MT garb. PM me about it
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Fantasy Games » Warhammer (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help