Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
Minas Tirith Forums » Fantasy Games » Warhammer (Page 3)
Author Topic: Warhammer
Roll of Honor -Laurelin-
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3717

posted      Profile for -Laurelin-   Email -Laurelin-   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Thumbs up to your Glorfindel, wonderful job!

IMO - I like when most of the details are straight out of the book! (As much as possible)!

But I put no brake on your crafty hands!

From: Québec | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erufailar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3417

posted      Profile for Erufailar   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Laurelin! [] But I really need some voice of opinion on my new color scheme! []
From: Chicago, Illinois | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tar-Minastir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4001

posted      Profile for Tar-Minastir   Email Tar-Minastir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps a pic would help us decide, Carnelamoth

Edit: Well, actually, that doens't make a whole lot of sense if you're trying to decide how to paint it in the first place. Never mind.

[ 03-13-2004, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: Tar-Minastir ]

From: Vermont | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erufailar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3417

posted      Profile for Erufailar   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I decided to be hasty so I went with "a". I'll post a pic when I finish.
From: Chicago, Illinois | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tar-Minastir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4001

posted      Profile for Tar-Minastir   Email Tar-Minastir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, i've just done some touch-up work on my Captain of the White Tower and the accompanying standard bearer. They look quite good, but faces still baffle me.
From: Vermont | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erufailar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3417

I was thinking about making a painting website in the summer. Should I do it?
Tar-Minastir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4001

Yes, if it will give me good advice on painting, which is what I need
Erufailar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3417

I actually started making one last summer, but I got lazy... [] []
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still not sure if I want to get into Warhammer. It looks and sounds intriguing (especially the Bretonnians), but I don't really know much about how the game itself works. Anyone want to enlighten me? []
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erufailar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3417

My pleasure, Éomer!

Warhammer (also the LOTR and Warhammer 40,000) is a strategy battle game using miniatures and their stats to fight amongst themselves. You generally have two armies (but you can have more) per battle. Each model has its own point value and is organized into a unit. A normal guy would probably be about 10 points and an army generally is 2000 points.
In the game, models move in inches (but they also have a cm conversion) and take and inflict wounds based on the roll of a die. What they role on the die may depend on the WS (weapon skill) which may make the role to wound on a 4 or higher. There are many factors in the game like psychology, magic, more stats (leadership, initiative, strength, toughness, movement, and ballistic skill), and many more.

On the other hand, you could just collect and paint the models, which many people do. It is a pretty expensive hobby, but it's really fun. You also would have to find other players in your area or have one of your friends start with you.

For more information, you can visit:
http://www.games-workshop.com

Wow... I sound like I work there or something... []

Hope that helped! []

[ 03-26-2004, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: Carnelamoth ]

Erlendil
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4391
posted      Profile for Erlendil   Email Erlendil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
For your colour scheme Carnelamoth: I would have used light brown for your little steed! Nice with red and grey instead of white maybe...
From: Annuminas (or Trondheim, Norway) | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erufailar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3417

I could always change it if I really wanted to...
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Carnelamoth, that explains it all pretty well. I don't really have any friends around here who might be into it, but my local gaming store has a ton of Warhammer-playing customers (as well as employees) and thus a ton of Warhammer supplies (half their store is nothing but Warhammer and Warhammer-related games [] ). Maybe I'll stop by there on one night they're playing and see how it's done.

However, I am terrible when it comes to painting of any kind. So I don't know how I'd do in that area... []

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Necromononoke
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1385
posted      Profile for Necromononoke   Author's Homepage   Email Necromononoke   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I used to be a Huge warhammer fan, got too costly too fast though []
From: Vancouver, WA, USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tar-Minastir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4001

I'm having to space out my purchases quite a bit due to budgetary contraints-Paint supply is where the real cost is.
Erufailar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3417

Actually, you can get pretty good quality paints (acrylic) at most art stores in small plastic tubes. They usually have 2-3 times more paint than the Games-Workshop paints at 200% lower price. Same for brushes.
Galadhrim
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4525
posted      Profile for Galadhrim   Author's Homepage   Email Galadhrim   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I play Wood Elves for Warhammer and Chaos space marines for 40k. Many of my models are not painted nearly as wel as carnelamoth but I have a lot of them. I was also wondering what does somebody think is a good color scheme for wood elves. I can't seem to find the right one.
Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouth of Sauron
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4533
posted      Profile for The Mouth of Sauron   Email The Mouth of Sauron   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have: Warhammer 40k-Chaos Space marines about 200 pts
Lotr mixed army
Good: 2000 pts+
Evil: 3000 pts +

From: UK | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erufailar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3417

I've got a few of friends that play wood elves, and the color scheme I'd go with (if I had wood elves) would be primarily green, black, and brown. You could, however, try a brown-grey with black like the wood elves in LOTR movie. Wood elves are pretty limited to color schemes, when you note all the leaf patterns. One more color scheme could be autumn colors like red, brown, yellow-gold, and orange. I'm just a little bit objective to yellow, seeing as it is very bright and not ideal for camouflage.
Erufailar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3417

(sorry, double post)

Behold! Prince Imrahil and the Knights of Dol Amroth! [] [] []

-

Tar-Minastir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4001

Mmmm. Goodness.

Games Workshop is doing a good job of releasing stuff that wasn't in the movie, so we have to give them credit.

[ 05-03-2004, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: Tar-Minastir ]

The Mouth of Sauron
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4533
posted      Profile for The Mouth of Sauron   Email The Mouth of Sauron   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
July 29th for the Mounted Witch King¬¬, I just got more men of Gondor and a fell neast. The Troll Cheif better come out soon or I could make one.
From: UK | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erufailar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3417

See my second post on page 2...
Erufailar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3417

(double-post, sorry) Wow, it has been a long time since I last posted here...

Storm of Chaos (world-wide Warhammer campaign) has begun (I think...)!

The chaotic forces of Archaon attack the Empire in the Old World! Armies flock to the banners on both sides. Whose side are you on?

(I play the High Elf Sea Patrol) You can download the rules for your armies for free at www.stormofchaos.com.

In LOTR, the Mumakil and haradrim (including assassins and cavalry) are coming out. And also...the DUNEDAIN RANGERS!!!!! Look at www.gamesworkshop.com on the LOTR sneak previews! []

The Mouth of Sauron
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4533
Aragron the King, non-mounted is coming out the same with Gothmog!!!!!!
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Fantasy Games » Warhammer (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help