Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
Minas Tirith Forums » Fantasy Games » Warhammer (Page 2)
Author Topic: Warhammer
Rúnya Núrimehtari
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4053
posted      Profile for Rúnya Núrimehtari   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have no idea what that says either, so don't feel bad Nol!! []
From: Spruce Grove | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gil-galad
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 576

posted      Profile for Gil-galad   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I collect the High-Elves in Warhammer and the men of Rohan for lotr.
From: TX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erufailar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3417

posted      Profile for Erufailar   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The Mumakil come out in the summer in Siege of Gondor with a lot of other stuff like engineer trolls, Guard of the Citadel, Gondorian Catapults, etc.
On another subject, I was re-arranging the sword on my King Aragorn model, and I lost it. I was thinking about buying another one and making it into Prince Imrahil of Dol Amroth. However, I don't know what exactly he looks like. Any URLs could help...

From: Chicago, Illinois | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Durthdil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3873
posted      Profile for Durthdil   Email Durthdil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Carnelamoth, just make him look like in the way you want, I would use a figure with a horse, for example, and with a brilliant armor, but it's up to you!, that's the very best part of this!
From: Europe | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fallen
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4034

posted      Profile for Fallen   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Has any one here been on WWW.warpArtefacts.com they have a deal with games workshop to bring out replica weapons, They have "The Slayer of Kings" on salle now.
From: In the depths of your soul, looking for the part that is lost | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erufailar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3417

posted      Profile for Erufailar   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
New stuff for the LOTR game!

Siege of Gondor
March 6th - Siege of Gondor book, Morannon Orcs
March 13th - Gondor "Battle Cry" Trebuchet, Orc Trackers, Citadel Guard
March 20th - Boromir of the White Tower, Gothmog
March 27th - Citadel of Gondor scenery, Beregond
April 3rd - Citadel Archers
April 10th - Mordor Catapult
May 1st - Gondorian Bolt Thrower, Mordor Siege Bow

Late ROTK models
May 29th - In The Cluthes of Shelob
July 24th - The Witch King on Fell Beast

Pellennor Fields
July 31st - Pelennor Fields campaign book, The Mûmakil, Haradrim Infantry box set, Forces of Good box army, Forces of Evil box army
August 7th - Prince Imrahil, Knight of Dol Amroth
August 14th - Forces of Good battalion, Forces of Evil battalion
August 21st - Knights of Dol Amroth on foot
September 4th - Halbarad, Rangers of the North
September 11th - Khamul, Morgul Knights, Morgul Knights on foot
September 25th - Axemen of Lossarnach, Forlong the fat

http://www.thelastalliance.com

[ 02-11-2004, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: Carnelamoth ]

From: Chicago, Illinois | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tar-Minastir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4001

posted      Profile for Tar-Minastir   Email Tar-Minastir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Haradrim Infantry Box Set! WOOT!

All the Siege of Gondor stuff sounds great too.

From: Vermont | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erufailar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3417

For some new pics, go here: http://www.fun4u-store.de/spielwarenmesse04.php

I'ts a German site, but you can tell what the models are. There's new 40k stuff there and there used to be Warhammer previews which were taken down from the site at the wishes of Games Workshop.

BTW, I'm going to enter a Aragorn painting competition at Games Workshop tomorrow [] I've got a good chance at winning too...

Tar-Minastir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4001

posted      Profile for Tar-Minastir   Email Tar-Minastir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think very highly of my painting ablities as yet, so I would never show my face around a competition []
From: Vermont | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erufailar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3417

They changed the competition to "Mounted Hero" instead of "Aragorn," so I brought my (very well painted, I don't mean to brag) Glorfindel. I lost to some middle aged Korean guy whose Aragorn in my opinion, was NOTHING compared to my Glorfindel. This has been like, the third time I lost a painting competition when I should have won.

Two weeks earlier, I brought in a Prince Tyrion (a High Elf character in Warhammer) for their mounted Warhammer hero competition three hours late (the management changed earlier that week and I had no idea about the schedule change) and they said I would have won. The irony is that the person that did win painted a Dark Elf. I am seriously getting fed up with them... []

BTW, I might post some pics later if I feel so inclined...

[ 02-16-2004, 01:00 AM: Message edited by: Carnelamoth ]

Tar-Minastir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4001

I'm painting up a Captain of Minas Tirith and the accompanying standard bearer at the moment, but no word yet on how either will turn out. THey're the first metal models i've painted, since all i've done before this is my first batch of 36 Warriors of Minas Tirith. Which weren't so bad, except the ones my little brother painted...
Erufailar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3417

Here's Tyrion:

-

and Glorfindel:

-

and Glorfindel's front:

-

notice the golden flowers I put on the base (if you've read the Silm you know what I'm talking about [] )

[ 02-19-2004, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: Carnelamoth ]

Fallen
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4034

posted      Profile for Fallen   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, how do you paint so well, what is your secret???????????????
I have been painting for over 4 years and i can only do very basic stuff

From: In the depths of your soul, looking for the part that is lost | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erufailar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3417

Heh heh...thanks...heh heh *blushes* I've only been painting for two years... []

I guess all that you have to do to paint well is spend time and don't settle for less.

Tar-Minastir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4001

What i'm impressed with is all the shading on Glorfindel's horse-that must've taken time!

P.S.-do you use inks? I haven't gotten into using those yet.

P.S.S-I can't do highlights either. Will try on next model...

[ 02-20-2004, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: Tar-Minastir ]

Erufailar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3417

I use inks, as they are ver helpful, but now no as often. Inks aren't very good if you're painting white stuff, but it works very well on metals and jems. The "judges" at the competition said the horse was too unrealistic and drybrushed. I, personally, think horses should look grainy (lots of tiny hairs). I guess they only like plain boring stuff...

Here's a pic of Glorfindel's left:

-

[ 03-02-2004, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: Carnelamoth ]

Tar-Minastir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4001

I was just reading an online article about how to paint Warriors of Minas Tirith. It was (seemingly) simple enough, and it looked great, but it used such a wide range of paints of materials that it'd break the bank just trying to get all the stuff needed.

[ 02-21-2004, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: Tar-Minastir ]

Erufailar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3417

The only colors I would need to paint a warrior of Minas Tirith would be black, white, gold, silver, and a dark and light flesh tone. You can afford six paints, right?
King Eruanno
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4325
posted      Profile for King Eruanno   Author's Homepage   Email King Eruanno   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
They are $3.50 each, but you can buy a box of paints with figures for $20.00
Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tar-Minastir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4001

Well, I use black, chainmail, dwarf flesh, white, gold, and brown to paint Warriors of MT. This guy was using way more than six paints. They don't look like perfect works of art when they're done the way I have been painting them, but they still look perfectly serviceable.

[ 02-28-2004, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Tar-Minastir ]

Crate
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3930
posted      Profile for Crate   Email Crate   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The "judges" at the competition said the horse was to unrealistic
If that horse doesn't look realistic then I am the mother of the Pope! It isn't perfect but it is more realistic than any horse I have ever painted! I think those judges must have something against you!

Keep up the good paint work []

Crate

From: Newcastle, England | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tar-Minastir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4001

Crate? Carnelamoth? Anybody?
*echoes*
I am alone!

Fallen
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4034

yay, I'm starting an army of minas tirith, I have my first model that I bought in nottingham at warhammer world [] [] []
Erufailar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3417

Gandalf: Tar-Minastir stands alone.

Carnelamoth: No. Not alone. Eorlingas, to Tar-Minastir!!!! *insert trumphant music*

I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide... [] []

[ 03-10-2004, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: Carnelamoth ]

Erufailar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3417

(sorry for double-posting) I've made a new mounted High Elf Lord (for Warahammer), and I would like to know what any of you think of the following color schemes:

a.Mainly white with gold and silver for the "heavenly" look

b.Red (armor), white (robes), and gold (scale mail armor) for army coherence

Also, what color should I paint the horse?

[ 03-14-2004, 01:31 AM: Message edited by: Carnelamoth ]

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Fantasy Games » Warhammer (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help