Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
Minas Tirith Forums » Fantasy Games » Warhammer (Page 1)
Author Topic: Warhammer
The Cheat
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 3042
posted      Profile for The Cheat   Author's Homepage   Email The Cheat   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone play Warhammer or the Games Workshop LOTR game?
From: The Magical Land Of Narnia! | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Nenya, the Ring of Water
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2780

posted      Profile for Nenya, the Ring of Water   Email Nenya, the Ring of Water   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I play Wood Elves in Warhammer. Does anybody play Warhammer 40,000?
From: New York, NY | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cadet Orange
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 3100
posted      Profile for Cadet Orange   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
40k: Ultramarines, IG, soon DEMON HUNTERS
From: >>>SECRET<<< | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sauron- lord of the ring
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 3090
posted      Profile for Sauron- lord of the ring   Email Sauron- lord of the ring   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
i have just bought the two towers boxset and i am currently reading the rule book.

i collect dark elves for warhammer and dark elder for 40k.

From: my holiday home in dol-guldur | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Meneldil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 417

posted      Profile for Meneldil   Email Meneldil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Try Here
From: Guildford, England | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arador
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 3140
posted      Profile for Arador   Email Arador   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I do collect lotr boxed game and would some one tell me why the Balrog of Moria is better than Sauron himself!!!!!!!!
From: Gondor | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

posted      Profile for Nash Rómerandir   Author's Homepage   Email Nash Rómerandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I play WH40K, Dark Angels or Praedicators (my own Space-Marines chapter)

The only set from the LotR game I have is the 'Gandalf vs.the Balrog' box which I used to create a diorama based on the fight in Moria.

There's one thing that changes from the usual representation of it: I couldn't manage to create a 'bottomless pit' thus decided on making the fight having place above a lake of lava... I used a self painted and texturized glass to do the lava) and put a bulb [] under it... Now I've got a self-made 'LotR Lamp' []

[ 01-19-2003, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: Nash Balrog ]

From: Cuiviénen (well, people call this place France) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Radagast the Squib
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3200

posted      Profile for Radagast the Squib   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Im thinking of starting to collect is there such thing as a 'beginners sunday' at games workshop
From: Somewhere in Mirkwood | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erufailar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3417

posted      Profile for Erufailar   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I play High Elves in Warhammer (somewhere between 2000-3000 pts.) and LOTR. I'm also starting Demon Hunters in 40k. I just have a squad of Grey Knight Space Marines, the codex, and a squad of Grey Knight Terminators (which I won in a Grey Knight painting competition at a GW store). I also think that the Balrog being able to school Sauron that easily is very absurd.

[ 04-25-2003, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Carnelamoth ]

From: Chicago, Illinois | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ankh
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4175
posted      Profile for Ankh   Email Ankh   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I play, Im currently painting up my first army..which happens to be high elves! []
From: canada | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tar-Minastir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4001

posted      Profile for Tar-Minastir   Email Tar-Minastir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I play the LOTR game, though I have no one to play it with yet. I have been concentrating on getting my miniatures assembled and painted. So far they consist of 36 Warriors of Minas Tirith, and I am hoping to get a captain and standard bearer for them soon.
Also, a Games Workshop store just opened in my local amll, which is a huge help. Eventually I hope expand this force to include some of the mounted Knights of MT.

[ 01-03-2004, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: Tar-Minastir ]

From: Vermont | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fallen
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4034

posted      Profile for Fallen   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I play warhammer 40k, I have, Ultramarines, blood angels, tau and choas space marines (Lots init)

I'm hoping to start an army of Minas Tirith when I have the money, but most of it goes on converting models.

From: In the depths of your soul, looking for the part that is lost | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crate
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3930
posted      Profile for Crate   Email Crate   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just today I have finished building my Minas Tirith to make a Pelannor scene with. I built it on my own interpretation so its a bit different from the film version. It's about 3 foot high and took me a whole age of men to build but it is now finished. I only need to add a few finale paint details and I will be ready to put it onto my gaming board that is specially made for the Pelannor. It is a five foot square with mountains in one corner(I'm going to put the city there) and in the opposite corner I have part of Osgiliath. I am very proud of my achievments especially Osgiliath because that just looks brilliant, but when it is completely finished I shall post some pictures if anyone wants to see them. My army of Sauron is made up of orcs from the LoTRs game but mainly of the orcs from warhammer (As that was my army before the LoTRs game came out and is quite big), I don't have any Southrons or Easterlings yet so I am going to use soldiers of the Empire from warhammer. Does anyone know if you can buy the Mamukil yet? Or if not are they going to bring them out? If not I'll just have to buy some elephants from a toy shop and work on them or somthing. I don't need to worry about buying a Gronde because I have already made one out of wood from my back garden. I am going to use Knights of Britonnia for my Knights of Dol Amroth since they weren't in the film and I am working by the book. I am going to GW tomorrow to buy the Witchking and some more soldiers of Gondor and maybe some more Orcs. So once my scene is complete, I shall post some pictures on this thread if anyone wants to look at them.

Crate

From: Newcastle, England | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Durthdil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3873
posted      Profile for Durthdil   Email Durthdil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I play Bretonia in WH, and I only paint the figures about TLOTR, does any of you know the collection "Mithril"?, it is from quite a long time ago, but they were really nice miniatures, too.

Edit: Crate, that sounds really good, why don't you hung some photos?

[ 01-04-2004, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: Durthdil ]

From: Europe | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crate
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3930
posted      Profile for Crate   Email Crate   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Durthdil, can you explain what you mean by hung? If you mean like post some photos then I will once I have the scene of the battle done. Or I might set up a scene when the soldiers arive at Minas Tirith, like from Dol Amroth and the other places. I'm going to make up some before, during and after the battle scenes, then once it's finished I'll take some pictures and post them up. I managed to get to GW today and I bought 5 more boxes of Mordor Orcs, the 24 pack ones, 2 boxes of warriors of MT and the RoTK bowed set. I also went to another modelling shop where I get all my scenery from, and I have bought some more modling clay because I had ran out.

Does anyone know about the Mamukil? I really need to know.

Oh and I forgot to say in my other post I was given a model pirate ship for christmas so I am going to work on that and make it into a ship from Umbar. Give it black sails and such. It's a brilliant ship, the scale with my LoTRs models is different but not by much so I can get away with it.

Now I have to think of an army to use for the Corsairs themselves. Anyone got any ideas for them I would gladdly appreciate them. I did think about using the Dark Elves, but I think they are too neat for the Corsairs of Umbar. I am going to paint all my Empire soldiers faces dark brown so I can use them for the Haradrim (sp?).

Crate

Edit: GONDERVONDER, I guess from your post that you don't like wargames such as Warhammer or the LoTRs, but they're really not bad. I myself don't play them all the time because I prefer to just make scenes but I do have the ocasional battle and they are really fun. As for ruining the minds of youths, well before I found this type of gaming my mind was already ruined but thats just genetic, plus, it's not just youths minds they ruin! The people who play these games can age from around 11 maybe to about (well I have played a person this age before so I know) 73, it's a brilliant way to keep your mind active and it's a hobbie. What are your hobbies? That would be nice to know.

(Edit: GONDERVONDER has been removed from this thread. - WGW)

From: Newcastle, England | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Durthdil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3873
posted      Profile for Durthdil   Email Durthdil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, post, hang, whatever! I'm interested in making scenes, I am doing one that tries to recreate a big battle of the spanish civil war, I love this hobby.
From: Europe | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crate
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3930
That's cool, my friend’s dad and I made a big battle scene of Stalingrad, and it was mint. We made buildings out of shoe boxes (It was a good job his daughter bought a new pair of shoes like EVERY week or else we would still be making it now with insufficient shoe boxes!) and we used Tamiya models of the 1:35th scale for the soldiers and tanks and stuff. It was really cool we made it up in his loft/attic and it covered the whole floor! We had loads of different scenes around the city, like in one point we had a couple of guys fighting with there hands with one knife between them, and in another bit we had it being bombed by seven Stuka dive bombers. We hung them from the ceiling with bits of string on every tip so they didn't move much. I remember one of them had been hit by AA fire and its left wing was snapped off, the only reason for that is because his youngest son decided to throw it down the stairs and it smashed so we just added it into the scene. Another scene we had was like that off the film "Enemy at the Gates", I don't know if you have seen it or not, but there is a bit when the Soviet soldiers just charge up a street and they all get cut to pieces by German machine gun fire. We even made little puddles of blood with glass and red paint. For the smoke we just used cotton wool and spray painted it grey. If you want to make bullet holes in scenery, use a pin to gouge them into it, that way is cheaper than buying a proper drill for the job.

I don't know very much about the Spanish Civil War. I am studying the Soviet Union at the moment but once I have finished that I might buy some books about the SCW, and then who knows, I might make a SCW scene myself.

Crate

Tar-Minastir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4001

posted      Profile for Tar-Minastir   Email Tar-Minastir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, i'm new to this whole hobby, but I am enjoying it immensely so far, even with the little that I have done. Crate's description of his work has inspired me to go do bigger and better things, so i'm off to look for shoe boxes! []
From: Vermont | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crate
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3930
Acctually shoe boxes don't just make Stalingrad, no, you can use them for MT aswell, that's what I did. A combination of shoe boxes, card board boxes, polistireen and a bit wood here and there makes up my MT and Osgilieth. I feel my day is complete knowing that I have inspired you into modeling.

Oh well that's it from me tonight, I got a lovely lady calling my name so I'm off to bed.

Nighty Night.

Crate

gamlingofrohan
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4194
posted      Profile for gamlingofrohan   Email gamlingofrohan   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
does evry1 collect lotr warhammer
Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Durthdil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3873
I think that warhammer is one game and the lord of the rings is another different
gamlingofrohan
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4194
posted      Profile for gamlingofrohan   Email gamlingofrohan   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
i meant both does ny1 go to brent cross gw
Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eöl i Moriquendë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4026
posted      Profile for Eöl i Moriquendë   Author's Homepage   Email Eöl i Moriquendë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Gamling, could you possibly change your name into spaces? I find it disturbing for some odd reason.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
'~Formerly: Nolofinwë~ (Ex- Member) \{^v^^v^}/
When you were born, you were crying and everyone else was smiling. Live so that when you die, you're smiling and everyone else is crying.

From: Havens of Pelagir | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tar-Minastir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4001

quote:
ny1 go to brent cross gw
It took me so long to figure out what that said []
Eöl i Moriquendë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4026
posted      Profile for Eöl i Moriquendë   Author's Homepage   Email Eöl i Moriquendë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I still haven't figured what that says...is that a bad thing?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
'~Formerly: Nolofinwë~ (Ex- Member) \{^v^^v^}/
When you were born, you were crying and everyone else was smiling. Live so that when you die, you're smiling and everyone else is crying.

From: Havens of Pelagir | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Fantasy Games » Warhammer (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help