profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Fantasy Games » LotR board game
Author Topic: LotR board game
gram
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 24

posted      Profile for gram   Email gram   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
This site has information about the Lord of the Rings board game and the expansion set, along with information about other fantasy based board games. Follow the links.
Fantasy Board Games

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: gram ]

From: New Zealand | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Page wouldn't load for me...

But I have the LOTR Board Game anyways

From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgoth
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 449
posted      Profile for Morgoth   Email Morgoth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a post from Use(less)net from Chris Lawson about online rules for the game and expansion:

Just to let people know that I've created the following rule pages for the Lord of the Rings board game (by Reiner Knizia).

For the standard game:-
Lord of the Rings, 2nd Edition Rules
Lord of the Rings, Rules Summary

For the first expansion game:-
Lord of the Rings Expansion, Friends & Foes Rules

The standard game now comes with the 2nd edition rules booklet and a rules summary leaflet (or at least with the newer U.K. Editions and I hope with the U.S. Fantasy Flight Editions). The summary is a nice idea.

I have the Expanded Rule set still up, this acts as a sort of (official) FAQ for the time being, this is just for the basic game as I haven't managed to include the Friends & Foes expansion into it yet. Also present is the Game Flow designer notes which should explain some of the timing issues.

Full 2nd Edition Rules

Rules Summary

Friends & Foes Rules

Expanded Rules (FAQ)

Design Notes (Game Flow)

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Down with the foul Ents!!!

From: Tampa, Florida USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I just got this game from a friend of my son. Sort of an early birthday present.
Is it the same one? I note it is distributed by the same company.
It sounds complicated. Is it fun in play, or does it get bogged down by loads of rules or repitition? I find RISK somewhat tedious; will I have the same trouble with War of the Ring?

From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Fantasy Games » LotR board game
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help