Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Fantasy Games » Board Game Forum?
Author Topic: Board Game Forum?
Morgoth
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 449
posted      Profile for Morgoth   Email Morgoth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
WGW: What are your thoughts on creating a new forum for Tolkien boardgames? There have been more board games created for Me than role playing or computer games. And more are being produced. Just a thought as I wouldn't want to post about board games in either the rp or cg forums as, well, they don't belong there. If a new forum isn't warranted, could you clue me in as to which existing forum I should use?

Thanks!

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: Morgoth ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Down with the foul Ents!!!

From: Tampa, Florida USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haldir
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1134
posted      Profile for Haldir   Email Haldir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think a D&D forum would be much more interesting... are there many D&D players here btw?
From: Arnhem, the Netherlands | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgoth
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 449
posted      Profile for Morgoth   Email Morgoth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Uh, there already is a D&D forum. It's called "Role-Playing Games". Start a thread called D&D and you're in business.

On the other hand, there is no forum that board games fit into.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

From: Tampa, Florida USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caranthir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 28
posted      Profile for Caranthir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Board game threads can easily go in this forum. A board game forum would go mostly unused, so I can't see much of a point to creating one.
Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgoth
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 449
Board games can easily go in either forum. Neither has much traffic esp on a day to day basis. That wasn't my point. I (and hopefully any other board gamers that use or will use MT) would rather go straight to a forum that definitely has board game content rather than drudge around in forums that might or might not have board game content.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

posted      Profile for The Laurenendôrian   Email The Laurenendôrian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
In which case, it might perhaps be best if you yourself were to choose one of the two forums and designate as the place to post topics about board games. I am sure that nobody would object, and while it would carry no authority, I think that most people, especially those who actually wish to talk about such games, will be happy to comply in the matter.

---

Well, just an idea.

From: Taruithorn | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Meneldil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 417

posted      Profile for Meneldil   Email Meneldil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I play D&D a little as does my brother (the L.dorian)
From: Guildford, England | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
A bit off-Tolkien-topic, but I used to spend days and weeks playing the Avalon Hill wargames with my brother. Squad Leader was a popular one as was Battle of the Bulge.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've played so many obscure board games, I can't begin to remember them all!
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Are you blaming your loss of memory on the amount of games you've played and not your advanced and venerable age?

[]

Hello, WGW! Glad to see you've kept the hearth fires burning in the beloved white tower.

From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
There was a simple war game I used to play with my sister when we were kids called 'Dogfight'. It was about WW1 air combat. Quite simple and fun! Wish I still had it.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Fantasy Games » Board Game Forum?
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help