profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Fantasy Games » Tolkien table top game
Author Topic: Tolkien table top game
Elrond Half-elven
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 353
posted      Profile for Elrond Half-elven   Email Elrond Half-elven   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if anyone has every played any of Games workshops games. They have been contracted to produce new LoTR games. For more infomation see there site.

http://www.games-workshop.com/lotr/

Sorry if the links don't work parhaps someone can help me out

------------------
*** Pie Master of Middle-earth ***

From: Rivendell | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Fingolfin of the Noldor
Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 156

posted      Profile for Fingolfin of the Noldor   Author's Homepage   Email Fingolfin of the Noldor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Cool
From: Worcester, MA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Galdor of the Tree
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 260
posted      Profile for Galdor of the Tree   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nice I would buy that thing just for the characters. They look pretty cool.
From: New Haven, CT | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dingalen
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 330
posted      Profile for Dingalen   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Till now I see nothing special on these miniatures. The orcs are stylish and I am eager to get an impression of the special character figurines...
From: Somewhere in the Netherlands | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meriadoc
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 503
posted      Profile for Meriadoc   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
½SEXY½
T. Šušak

From: Zagreb, Croatia | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aragorn_croatia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 492
posted      Profile for Aragorn_croatia   Email Aragorn_croatia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nice figures!

------------------
Namarie!Nai hiruvalye Valimar.Nai elye hiruva.Namarie!

From: Atlanta, GA / South Kent, CT | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Meneldil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 417

posted      Profile for Meneldil   Email Meneldil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey I collect Games Workshop stuff but they say their bringing out a special LOTR game but isn't the normal Fantasy battle like that?

From: Guildford, England | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tar-Minastir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4001

posted      Profile for Tar-Minastir   Email Tar-Minastir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm actually taking a break from painting some of those said minatures right now. I have 36 of them, and i'm a little more than half done with them...
From: Vermont | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Imrahil of Amroth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4809
posted      Profile for Imrahil of Amroth   Email Imrahil of Amroth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The LotR game is sweet!
It's also a lot less complicated than GW's other games, partly because it's a skirmish game (You move each model individually).
I have over 200 soldiers including a mûmak, uruk-hai, soldiers of MT, Fountain Guard, and Knights of Dol Amroth.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"For foremost on the field rode the swan-knights of Dol Amroth with their Prince and his blue banner at their head. 'Amroth for Gondor!' they cried. 'Amroth to Faramir!'"

From: Billings, MT | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erlendil
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4391
posted      Profile for Erlendil   Email Erlendil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I also collect lotr-game. All together me and my brother got 48 men and elves of the last alliance, Elrond, Haldir, 1 elven standard bearer, 3 elven spearmen, 24 rohirrim, 3 Rohan royal guards, Eomer on horse, Theoden, Eowyn, Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, Gandalf on Shaddowfaks, Boromir, 48 warriors of Minas Tirith, 6 guards of the fountain court, 1 captain and 1 standard bearer of Minas Tirith and 24 orcs.

My brother also got alot of High Elves and Orcs and Goblins in Warhammer.

From: Annuminas (or Trondheim, Norway) | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Fantasy Games » Tolkien table top game
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help