Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
Minas Tirith Forums » Fantasy Games » Role-playing is itself a fantasy (Page 2)
Author Topic: Role-playing is itself a fantasy
Maedbh
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2749
posted      Profile for Maedbh   Email Maedbh   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What do you mean Final Fantasy isn't the best, of course it is. Have you ever played FFX? It's the best RPG out there! Anyone who disagrees is a fool!
From: Newry, Northern Ireland | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Radagast the Onyx
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2728

posted      Profile for Radagast the Onyx   Email Radagast the Onyx   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
FFX is great, yes, but definetly not the best. I may have the best graphics, but FFVII and FFVI are certainly better than FFX. Ask anyone whose played 7 or 6 and they'll tell you the same.
From: Abilene, Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maedbh
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2749
posted      Profile for Maedbh   Email Maedbh   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have played VI and VII, the story is good, but in my opinion it is not better than either VIII or X for that matter.

Maedbh

From: Newry, Northern Ireland | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor TheGentleman
Captain of the Newbie Guard
Citizen # 718

posted      Profile for TheGentleman   Email TheGentleman   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, did you realise though that Role-Playing is evil?

http://www.father-ramos.com/

Take a look at the sermon section and repent! Repent!

~tg

From: London, England | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maedbh
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2749
I couldn't give a toss if it is sinful and I don't think I'll repent just yet if at all. How do you know it is sinful unless you yourself indulge?

'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.'

Citizen # 718

posted      Profile for TheGentleman   Email TheGentleman   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nooooo! You are all evil! Evil I tell you! Begone foul wench! Begone!!!

*holds up a golden cross*

From: London, England | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Where do you find these things, TG? That is wonderful.

My daughter role plays at school in her lunch hour, a club run by one of the teachers. Should I report him for imperilling the kids' immortal souls?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Queen of Grammar with King Marcho.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Citizen # 718

I am the Internet...

Two of my favourite quotes:

quote:
You may even wish to fabricate some of your own, to better illustrate the point to your specific at-risk individual.

[]

quote:
Invitations to participate, if accepted, place the individual in a precarious position himself, and will probably expose him to the scourges of drugs, fornication, homosexuality and Catholicism/paganism in many cases.

"probably"... []

[ 11-18-2002, 06:52 AM: Message edited by: TheGentleman ]

Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
ROFL - that sounds like wishful thinking on the part of the original sermoniser.

Ooops! *ducks out of sight of the MT christians*

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Queen of Grammar with King Marcho.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ConfusionStar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2336
posted      Profile for ConfusionStar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Here are some more intelligent quotes taught by this faithful person. Maedbh, big Satan is watching you. Beware of the result that comes to those who practice your way.

quote:
Tell them, for instance, that role-playing is little different from homosexuality, in which gays and lesbians “role-play” the parts of women and men, respectively.
quote:
Additionally, role-playing games teach that violence is an acceptable and even admirable way of solving problems...These are not unlike the gay community’s reactionary “straight bashing” in response to the more physical efforts of their loving fellows (but loving in the Lord’s intended way) to bring them back into the fold.

From: Appaloosa Land - Battlefield World | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mad Uncle Rupert
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1148

posted      Profile for Mad Uncle Rupert   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
TG, that is wonderful! I haven't laughed like that in weeks!

On behalf of all homosexual, drug addicted, alcoholic, syphalis-infected, sex-changing, suicidal, 'straight-bashing' (?!?), role-playing, satanic degenerates everywhere, I'd like to say, Welcome to He**!

[ 11-26-2002, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: Mad Uncle Rupert ]

From: Playing softball with the Nazarenes | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eulalia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2417

posted      Profile for Eulalia   Author's Homepage   Email Eulalia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Er, I don't really see anything much bad with RPG's. I mean, everything (for the most part) in the Dragon is an RPG. It develops writing skills (for me, anyway).
From: kansas city, mo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
corellon larethian
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2822
posted      Profile for corellon larethian   Email corellon larethian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
hey i been playing rpgs for 6 years we should get one going on for lotr if you want in e-mail me
From: california | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gimilkhad
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2746

posted      Profile for Gimilkhad   Author's Homepage   Email Gimilkhad   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I am a Christian and I role-play. There are some games that I will not play, but from my experiences I can tell you that there is nothing sinful about role-playing itself, the danger only comes when you take things WAY too far.
Well, that's all I have to say about that!

[ 12-08-2002, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Gimilkhad ]

From: Minas Tirith | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I concurr. I am also a Christian and I play D&D. I'm, of course, a Spoony Bard. [] There's nothing wrong with having a spot of fun.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I win!

From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Miz Lobelia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1612

posted      Profile for Miz Lobelia   Email Miz Lobelia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, WGW, there ARE relaxed groups of old friends who sit around and play D&D! I am part of a group of friends (all in their 40s) who have been playing RPGs together for 20 years! Just played last night, in fact. Understandably enough, we no longer stay up all night and go home in the dawn's early light as we did in our youths, although we usually break up around midnight (I had to get up earlier than usual for church this morning so am running a little short on sleep here). We used to take turns entertaining one couple's eldest so he would leave the rest alone to play - he's now in college. Their middle child is now in his teens and plays with us. In many ways it's like my parents getting together with their friends to play bridge. We tend to get bored when the characters get too high level and have too much cool stuff, and occasionally the person running the game gets swamped at work and someone else has to run something, so no 50th level characters! We play Traveler as well, and sometimes amalgations of several RPGs. We are currently running the new D&D rules to check them out - our characters for this game are now 2nd level. My fighter did quite well against those hobgoblins we were fighting - must have been the Mithril figure I was using [] !

[ 12-08-2002, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: Miz Lobelia ]

From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Curufin the Crafty
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2540

posted      Profile for Curufin the Crafty   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Man, RP can turn you into a pagan?

Must be what happened to me. []

From: Wherever people are oppressed... | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Our D&D sessions never get boring. It's because we're a bunch of goofballs and have a lot of fun together and because our DM is really freaking good at what he does. So many plot twists in so short a time, and with an average of 9 of us at any given time that's not easy to do. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I win!

From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maedbh
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2749
Dungeons and Dragons?
Isn't that, like, almost as old as me? The film sucked big time, and the games bite. How can anyone play that crap?

Maedbh

Roll of Honor Mad Uncle Rupert
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1148

posted      Profile for Mad Uncle Rupert   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Making friends early, eh?
From: Playing softball with the Nazarenes | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tensen_Vil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 65

posted      Profile for Tensen_Vil   Author's Homepage   Email Tensen_Vil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Me and my friends(with which I've been gaming for about 3 years) have a lot of fun... All in the age I guess lol.

We're currently playing GURPS:(The best game EVER) Cyberpunk, and Legend of the Five Rings. But we've got a game of D20 Wheel of Time starting up, and we're getting ready to start playing the new Decipher LotR game... :-D I love roleplaying. Our D&D game fell apart after two of the PCs killed each other... again. But we're thinking about starting it back up in GURPS.

And as for that preacher dude... Sheesh, the most sinful things happening in our games are the Monty Python references and my mooching. hehehe

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"'Kill!' shouted Ford. He shouted it at his towel.
The towel lept up out of Harl's hands.
This was not because it had any motive force of its own, but because Harl was so startled at the idea that it might."
--Mostly Harmless by Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

From: Pueblo, Co. | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GimBill
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2658

posted      Profile for GimBill   Author's Homepage   Email GimBill   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yay for Role Playing! I have been into DnD since I was 12 (9, going on 10 years ago), and I have loved it. I detest 3rd Edition, but I am sort of learning to love it, because my DnD group just decided to try out the Star Wars RPG. We all have our characters now, and it's a very Star Wars group. We have a Noble, a Soldier, two Scoundrels, and two Jedi Padawans (I am one of them [] ). We're gonna give it a shot, because, well, why not. I get to use a lightsaber, so i'm happy. I tried to have one in DnD, but it was hard to find a VorpalFlametoungeOfSharpness +5. [] Our little group plays from 8-12 on Wednesday nights. It's the time when we all get off from work, and get together to play. A gaming store opened in our town about 2 months ago, and we got to be friendly with the guy who runs it, and he lets us use his back room to play. For the most part, he does Games Workshop stuff like WarHammer 40K. I can't stand that stuff, but it's the main source of income for him. He has a small section of RPGing books. But, he's also starting to develop his Magic following and gonna start having tournaments, so that should get him more money. I hope he stays in business, because it's a game store, and it's a haven for freaks like me. [] But, I think that's my rant for the day. Keep your blades sharp, and your wit sharper.
From: The Heart of Yawgoog! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maedbh
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2749
Well, you know what they say, each to their own.
I'm just a very big Final Fantasy player.

Maedbh

GimBill
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2658

posted      Profile for GimBill   Author's Homepage   Email GimBill   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I was just going to go on a rant about how great Final Fantasy is, but I already did that once. It was under the FFXI thread. But, I will say that the order of my favorites is as follows:

VI,X,IV,VII,I,V,IX,III,II,and lastly,VIII. I know people who would call me a madman for not putting X at the top of my list, but oh well. VI is and always will be my favorite. []

From: The Heart of Yawgoog! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

VIII is last? That was my favorite! I'm a hopeless romantic, so that might be why. Either way, it just had more.... "magic" than the others. That and I liked the draw/GF system for skills. At least from what I've seen. My new roommate has a PS2 so I'm playing X now and I really like it so far.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I win!

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Fantasy Games » Role-playing is itself a fantasy (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help