Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Computer Games » What are you playing?
Author Topic: What are you playing?
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think the title says it all really... What games are YOU playing?

My currently list looks something like this:
Sidequests for 100% completion in FFX and FFXII
Pokémon Black (I WILL complete my pokédex one of these years [] )
Online I still play RuneScape and several of Artix Entertainment's games

Over to you!

(E: Apologies if this already exists somewhere in those dusty, forgotten threads.)

[ 01-25-2014, 06:59 AM: Message edited by: The DarkQueen Iauraearien ]

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Shadow of Mordor?
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
...except that isn't released yet.

Working on a continuation of a D&D game that came to a sudden halt in 1984.

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] That's some time-gap.
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

I know. Found the boxes and the figurines in the attic of the folk's house back in 2011. The party set camp in a grove of pine trees before entering the cliffs, and the remain camped there to this day. Since the players have long-scattered, I'm writing it up into a tale.
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Sounds like a plan. I used to like D&D but I haven't had a chance to play for years now.
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
How about your Dungeon Master?

Or would that have been you yourself?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Don't say we have come now to the end; White shores are calling.
You and I will meet again.
Across the sea a pale moon rising; the ships have come to carry you home.
And all will turn to silver glass; A light on the water
Grey Ships pass into the West.

From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

DM was another guy when we started, but he got sick and I took over as DM. It was based on the TSR Dungeon Master's Guide of 1979 for the most part, with some tweaks.
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think I still have my TSR Player Manual somewhere, and I might be able to lay my hands on a few of my polyhedron dice (which I bought in Leavenworth in 1985).

But that's all there is left of my D&D days.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Don't say we have come now to the end; White shores are calling.
You and I will meet again.
Across the sea a pale moon rising; the ships have come to carry you home.
And all will turn to silver glass; A light on the water
Grey Ships pass into the West.

From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

I have my dice, that's all. All the rest of my group's stuff belonged to our DM.

I still use my dice though - as jewellery. []

Tigranes
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 9076
posted      Profile for Tigranes   Email Tigranes   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I never got into role playing, but I (used to) play computer games, mostly modifications. Haven't played any games for months now but I can definitely recommend the following:

Supreme Commander Forged Alliance - one of the few RTS games that deserve that name, with a truly epic scale and an excellent combat system with real collisions (better not hover your aircraft over you nuclear missile silo). Also very modder friendly.
Warhammer 40k Firestorm over Kronus - a mod for Dawn of War, closer to the source material and with more consistent stats. Dawn of War in itself is a great game with up to 9 factions that are all either extreme racists, demonically possessed lunatics, religious fanatics, omnicidal maniacs, or all of the above put together. Basically, a funnier, bloodier, and more over the top version of Starcraft II.
PlugY - a mod for Diablo II LoD. It doesn't really add any new stuff, it just makes the game a lot better. An excellent mod.

Mods for Rome Total War + Barbarian Invasion (should only be played with mods):
Europa Barbarorum - The definitive historical accuracy mod for any strategy game. Very immersive and good for casually learning about history. A new, improved version for M2TW will be released soon.
Fourth Age Total War - The definitive lore accuracy mod for Tolkien-based games. Set in the Fourth Age (duh), so no Sauron. An improved version will be released soon-ish, unfortunately still only for RTW.
Also Rise of Persia, Viking Invasion II, and many more.

Mods for Medieval 2 Total War + Kingdoms (should only be played with mods):
Third Age Total War - The definitive LotR film based mod. Has some good sub-mods.
Broken Crescent - Centered on the High Medieval Middle East/Iran. Very immersive.
All under Heaven - not yet released (so never played), but when it comes out in ca. 2041, it's gonna be great. Centered on High Medieval China.
And some more.

From: anywhere | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Computer Games » What are you playing?
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help