Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Computer Games » Attention Movie Fans: The Definitive LotR Film Based Mod - TATW
Author Topic: Attention Movie Fans: The Definitive LotR Film Based Mod - TATW
Tigranes
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 9076
posted      Profile for Tigranes   Email Tigranes   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Forget BfME and all that stuff. You can have the best LotR movie based game for €10 (should be no more than $15) - just buy Medieval II Total War Kingdoms or the Gold Edition and download the mod Third Age Total War.
This mod, though actually based on the book (that is what they claim at least), derives its aesthetics from the New Line films wherever possible.
Among its features are the tradidional strengths of the Total War series:
- Large-scale battles. Meaning you can have several thousands of beautifully detailed and animated soldiers on the battlefield, not twenty individuals like in WarCrap.
- An actual economy system, with provinces that can be built up (via their main city) with barracks, roads, fortification devices, mines, sanitization, culture buildings and a lot more.
- A diplomacy system, for striking alliances, exchanging informations, blackmail, etc. And unlike in RTW, it works.
- Twelve playable factions, both in campaign and custom (or multiplayer) battles - High Elves, Silvan Elves [with Sindar leadership], Dwarves, Gondor, Eriador, Rohan, Dale, Rhûn, Harad, Isengard, Mordor, and Orcs of the Misty Mountains.

Due to the enormous popularity of the mod, you will also be able to play multiplayer battles or hotseat campaigns online.

Here are some of my screenshots:

-

-

-

I am not a fan of the movies but that's some damn good work. And they took less liberties with the material than some others (you won't have to endure spider-riding goblins etc.).

Oh, and the mod is also pretty stable and doesn't in any way interfere with the playability of the original game.

[ 01-24-2010, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: Tigranes ]

From: anywhere | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Looks pretty sweet. I dabbled in BfMe-II for a while, but I don't have time to lose myself in it like I used to.
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Computer Games » Attention Movie Fans: The Definitive LotR Film Based Mod - TATW
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help