Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Computer Games » Any know a website for BFME II downloads?
Author Topic: Any know a website for BFME II downloads?
Captain of Gondor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5254

posted      Profile for Captain of Gondor   Author's Homepage   Email Captain of Gondor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey. Anyone know where there is a website with a good Battle for Middle Earth II Demo?

[ 01-04-2007, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: Captain of Gondor ]

From: Ririe, Idaho | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supra
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5329
posted      Profile for Supra   Email Supra   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Try www.download.com and the official EA website of the game

I bought it last week...it isnt great. But if you are a tolkien fan then its worth it. Campaign is fairly short, about 6 hours and the War of the Ring Mode is sub-par.

From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Captain of Gondor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5254

posted      Profile for Captain of Gondor   Author's Homepage   Email Captain of Gondor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Cool. I'll try it. Does it have only 2 campaigns in the demo? Or, is it full length?

Edit: Okay, only two missions.

[ 01-08-2007, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: Captain of Gondor ]

From: Ririe, Idaho | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2395

posted      Profile for Sam Gamgee   Email Sam Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I know it's resurrecting a topic, and I don't know if you're still interested, but I've always found the Middle Earth vault on IGN to be quite good for downloads and such. If you're looking for new maps, that's the place to be.

http://mevault.ign.com/

From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supra
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5329
posted      Profile for Supra   Email Supra   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The one I always use for the best maps is:

http://www.bfme2.heavengames.com

From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aragon the First
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6486
posted      Profile for Aragon the First   Author's Homepage   Email Aragon the First   Edit/Delete Post 
On a related BFME II note, for some reason on the last mission for the Good campgain, the enemy attack trolls will not die. My troops whittle them down to their last hit point, then two minutes later, they're still smashing through my units. Has anybody else had this problem?
From: Washington State | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supra
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5329
I had the same problem and discussed it here: http://www.minastirith.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000461

Apparently there isnt much you can do except re-try the mission. By the way, is your game fully updated?

Aragon the First
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6486
posted      Profile for Aragon the First   Author's Homepage   Email Aragon the First   Edit/Delete Post 
A belated reply: Restarting didn't work, but I'm not sure if my copy is fully updated. If I get the expansion pack, would it include the patches needed to fix this problem?
From: Washington State | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Computer Games » Any know a website for BFME II downloads?
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help