profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Computer Games » World of Warcraft
Author Topic: World of Warcraft
Princess Oriona
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1547

posted      Profile for Princess Oriona   Author's Homepage   Email Princess Oriona   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone play wow? I was wondering what everyone thinks about Wrath of the Lich King. I have yet to buy it and wonder if it was worth the extra money. I am still working on leveling my character so I have a while to go.
From: Rivendell | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I play sometimes. I don't have Lich King yet, but my brother does. He apparently likes it. I'll ask him for more info...

I wanna play it cause some voice actors I like are in it, haha. Patrick Seitz's voice []

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Keona
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1518

posted      Profile for Princess Keona   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, now that Ori got me all addicted to it...

WoW is awesome!!!!
-Keo

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Thus I live in the world rather as a spectator of mankind than as one of the species.

A sacrifice a day keeps Jesus away!

...the Mace of Keo shall strike down the nefarious Suitors of Iniquity!!! ~ Müs

From: Rivendell | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I play on Darkspear and I demand everyone come to my server and play with me! []

I'm a resto drood.

WotLK is amazing. Seriously, they got this expansion completely right. Everything about it is amazing.

From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Keona
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1518

posted      Profile for Princess Keona   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oooorrrr, since I'm new to this whole WoW thing, come make a character on OUR server, Kul Tiras! [] That way you can help me figure some things out!
-Keo

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Thus I live in the world rather as a spectator of mankind than as one of the species.

A sacrifice a day keeps Jesus away!

...the Mace of Keo shall strike down the nefarious Suitors of Iniquity!!! ~ Müs

Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm much to invested in my realm to switch. [] I've been playing off and on since launch in '04.
From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sepiroth Strife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2646

posted      Profile for Sepiroth Strife   Email Sepiroth Strife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I began playing despite my resolve not to Here I stated thanks to a friend that I'm beginning to think was not really a friend. I have since been hooked on and off and am now becoming romantically involved with someone through the game. Though how we get over the whole I'm in Texas and she's in Ohio, I'm not sure. Play on Daggerspine as Hrur or various others...
From: Temple, Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grimwulf Stormspear
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5157
posted      Profile for Grimwulf Stormspear   Email Grimwulf Stormspear   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a way to create a character that is really, really, ridiculously good at killing Gnomes? [] []
From: The central lake-lands of the Great Peninsula. | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grimwulf Stormspear
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5157
posted      Profile for Grimwulf Stormspear   Email Grimwulf Stormspear   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Cataclysm. [] Thoughts? []
From: The central lake-lands of the Great Peninsula. | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tigranes
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 9076
posted      Profile for Tigranes   Email Tigranes   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Thoughts?
Yes: WoW is stupid, and a breach of canon (if there ever was one).

No, seriously: Fire Elementals. They were a mercenary hero class in WC3...

From: anywhere | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

posted      Profile for Lostfiniel   Email Lostfiniel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a little late in responding. But, I don't see how WoW can be considered a breach of canon. Each new Warcraft game has been a continuation of the previous. Each game furthers the storyline and adds new content. WoW differs in that it is a pay to play mmorpg instead of a real time strategy. But, that is hardly reason to consider it a breach of canon. Warcraft 3 also brought a few changes to the Warcraft world.

As to the fire elementals, I'll assume you mean the fire elementals are like the Firelord from the hero class in Warcraft 3. If so, then I agree. Taken from the Firelord's wiki page:

quote:
Long ago, when the world was in a state of constant turmoil, the Elementals (Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water) faithfully served their Old-God masters. When the Old Gods were defeated with the coming of the Titans, the Elementals were banished to an alternate plane of existence. Over time, the world became Azeroth, where Human wizards learned how to call back the elementals through the art of summoning. The Firelord is one of these liberated Elementals. Consumed by hatred for all organic life, he roams the world he once called home, sowing chaos, wreaking vengeance, and inflicting pain with extreme prejudice.
And from the fire elemental's wiki page:

quote:
Fire elementals are elemental creatures made of fire elements. They are beings formed of blazing flames held together to create the appearance of a muscular humanoid torso. Black metal bracers encircle the thing's arms, and its torso trails off into a fiery tail. Fire elementals are beings of hate and cruelty. They enjoy causing pain

Fire elementals originate from the Firelands of the Elemental Plane. They speak Kalimag and Ignan.S&L 143 While many fire elementals are controlled by the elemental lords, some are minions of the elemental spirits of Outland.

They are the same because WoW is a continuation of the storyline from Warcraft 3. We are still in Azeroth and the lands relating to Azeroth. We are dealing with the same magic and Alliance versus Horde.
From: Carlsbad, California | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tigranes
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 9076
posted      Profile for Tigranes   Email Tigranes   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Concerning the breach of lore, I wasn't pointing to the Fire Elementals.
You're forgetting that WoW placed the Undead Scourge (or whatever those buggers called themselves) with the Horde. That's totally illogical and IMO they only did this because they needed more Horde players and couldn't implement three factions.

Sorry, I still don't like WoW. Didn't like Warcraft much either. Interesting, but not my sort of thing []

From: anywhere | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Computer Games » World of Warcraft
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help