profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Computer Games » Super Mario Galaxy
Author Topic: Super Mario Galaxy
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Browse through some of "What the Critics Said" and despair!!!
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/supermariogalaxy

My favorite review...
http://gonintendo.com/?p=29498

My personal review...
It's like snorting lines of God off a hooker's arse.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Keona
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1518

posted      Profile for Princess Keona   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] I want is sooooo bad!!! I already know my friend Justin will get it, and I'll get to play it on his Wii. I don't have one yet. [] I know, bad, bad geek!
-Keo

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Thus I live in the world rather as a spectator of mankind than as one of the species.

A sacrifice a day keeps Jesus away!

...the Mace of Keo shall strike down the nefarious Suitors of Iniquity!!! ~ Müs

From: Rivendell | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I now want a wii and this game even more. [] I is teh poor. Can i has donashuns?
From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hylian Hero
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4210
posted      Profile for Hylian Hero   Email Hylian Hero   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The game is addicting as hell, but you can't help but think that (like all other Wii games) that its gimmicky. The two major gimmicks (at least in my opinion) is the remote wag and the comet system.
The remote wag for action gets a little tiresome on the wrist after a while and sometimes just won't work. I would have preferred it being set to a button, it would have been much simpler and less tiring on the hands.
As far as the comet system, it seems at best a waste of time. To be clear, I really do enjoy the concept of different challenges per level, and when you play them they are fun, the problem is exactly WHEN you play them. Waiting around, going level to level just to have to run back to a past level at the sign of a comet is unnecessary. The whole "they only come around every so often and leave quickly" thing kinda ruins the fun of the challenge. Sometimes you'll be frustrated with a challenge (collecting 100 coins on a certain level) and simply want to leave. Knowing that if you come back tomorrow in a better mood the comet might actually be gone only forces you to sit through your anger and being angry while playing != fun.
All in all though, gimmicks aside, it is a job well done. Go Nintendo!

PS- Has anyone seen the Zero Punctuation Review of the game? I highly recommend it.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I'm back and have no idea where to begin.

From: Windy City | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Computer Games » Super Mario Galaxy
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help