Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Computer Games » Should I get a Gamecube?
Author Topic: Should I get a Gamecube?
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really into Resident Evil 4 on my Wii and like to give some of the other Resident Evil games a go []
I can of course play Gamecube games on my Wii but by the time I get myself the classic controller for the Wii, memory card and buy the games secondhand the cost is more than buying a secondhand Gamecube at the local Gamestation store plus the two free games they're offering with a secondhand Gamecube []
So my questions are:
Anyone had any problems with the Gamecube?
Is the gameplay (in general) easy enough to get the hang of? (I found the Wii controller easy to get the hang of [] )

[ 11-10-2007, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: Wetwang ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I will sell you this gem for a mere, hmm, as you're a friend, €120:

-

Legend of Zelda included.

-

From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I have a Gamecube, and I never had any problem with it - except that there is no sound now, but it hadn't been well-treated lately []

And I found the gameplay to be easy, I'd say. No particular issue, I mean. []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If I were you, I wouldn't bother with the classic controller and just get yourself a Wavebird. Nintendo-made for the Gamecube, it's wireless and completely compatible with the Wii and great beyond words. Batteries last forever in it.

The only complaint I have with the Gamecube controller is the Z-button. It's in an awkward position and is too stiff. Still, it's rarely used, so hardly ever an issue.

On a side note, I heard a story about someone making a gun that shoots Gamecubes in Second Life. That should be a clue as to how valuable they are. They are as disposable as ammo. The Wii eclipses it in every way.

Buy your parts and games online and save some $$$. Don't give those buggers free money.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] @ Frau Girth
So I looked to see how much a Wavebird is ......... £35 to £40 new []
Then I looked on Ebay...same price [] And the consoles on Ebay are around £20 with a couple of games (which ain't the games I'm interested in) but when you add on postage they average around the £40 mark []
The Gamestation store is offering the console with standard controller plus two games of my choice for £35.
The only reason I'm considering a GameCube even though I know GameCube games will play on my Wii is soley due to the fact that it's by far the cheapest way of being able to play Resident Evil and Resident Evil Code Veronica X that I've found so far []
I mean that if I was to buy a classic controller and the games separately I'd be looking at £45 minimum! []

[ 11-10-2007, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: Wetwang ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Your plan sounds reasonable to me, Wetty. I've yet to buy any of the things I'd need to play older games on the Wii [] so I'm glad I still have my GameCube.

quote:
On a side note, I heard a story about someone making a gun that shoots Gamecubes in Second Life
Well, people invent guns to shoot just about any and everything on SecondLife. So the point stands but the illustration.... []
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I've yet to buy any of the things I'd need to play older games on the Wii so I'm glad I still have my GameCube.
Uh, the normal Gamecube controllers are compatible with the Wii and so are the memory cards. They plug right in. What else do you need for the Wii that you don't already have for the Gamecube?
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I had a brain goof []
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Computer Games » Should I get a Gamecube?
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help