Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
Minas Tirith Forums » Computer Games » Must have Wii! (Page 5)
Author Topic: Must have Wii!
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
How about "Mama Mii-a"?
Or Mii-a Farrow?
Or SensaMii-a?
Or ... [enter your own here]

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

posted      Profile for Madomir   Email Madomir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Mario Kart is pretty sweet... I gotta get a wireless router and get this thing online!
From: northern hemisphere-ish | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
OMG! I picked up The House of the Dead: Overkill today []
Actually I got it mainly for the gun attachment you can buy to hold the Wiimote in to play the game []
It's called an Overkill Hand Cannon and looks like something Dirty Harry would use! []
I sure am looking forward to the puddles going to bed tonight so I can start blasting 10 bales of crap outta them zombies! []
"Go ahead you rotting punk, make my day!" []

[ 02-14-2009, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: Wetwang ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I left my Wii in France []
Then again, the receiver doesn't work very well, I have to return it to the factory []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I don't believe you'd have been able to use the games availiable in the US anyway mister as the games are area pacific [sp] in the same way as many dvds are []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Are you sure? Cause I know people who buy games in Japan and play them here. I don't know if they bought an attachment or something, but I'm pretty sure they didn't...That might only be with Playstation, though. I know nothing of Wii...
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
At least for the N64, USA & Japan and some other countries used NTSC, while Europe used PAL. Cannot cross-play games here.
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, true, but I could have at least finished Zelda and Super Mario Galaxy []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hylian Hero
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4210
posted      Profile for Hylian Hero   Email Hylian Hero   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
And now for a quick lesson on videogame importing compatibility as it relates to Nintendo products I'm familiar with.

The Gameboy-DS systems are all region free- meaning any game from anywhere in the world can work on the matching system.

NES/SNES- I frankly have no clue.

N64- The system itself is not region locked on a software level, its actually locked on a physical hardware level. If you live in the US (not sure about Europe), you'll notice a notch on either side of the bottom of your N64 Cartridge. When looking straight from the back, they're the rounded right angles at the bottom corners. Inside the cart-slot on the N64 there are corresponding plastic blocks so that your game can fit nice and snug. Japanese games do not have the notches cut into the cartridges, and thus the Japanese N64s did not have the little tab things inside. Thus, if you try to put a Japanese game into a US system- the physical added plastic makes it impossible. Naturally the simple remedy is to cut out those plastic tabs and then the American 64 can play Japanese games

GameCube- The gamecube was locked on a regional level, but there is a product available that tricks your Gamecube into thinking it can play foreign games. Its in the form of a disk, so you put it in, wait for it to load, then replace the disk with your import game, and your good to go.

Wii- Before firmware update 3.0, there was a product exactly like the one for the gamecube that tricked your Wii into playing games from any region. The firmware update patched the system so that the disk didn't work, but reverting back to factory settings and using the product does allow for international game play.

Hope that all made sense.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I'm back and have no idea where to begin.

From: Windy City | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If you live in the US (not sure about Europe), you'll notice a notch on either side of the bottom of your N64 Cartridge. When looking straight from the back, they're the rounded right angles at the bottom corners. Inside the cart-slot on the N64 there are corresponding plastic blocks so that your game can fit nice and snug.
Yeah, we have those here too.
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Computer Games » Must have Wii! (Page 5)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help