Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
Minas Tirith Forums » Computer Games » Must have Wii! (Page 4)
Author Topic: Must have Wii!
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm waiting for Alone in the Dark to be released next month [] it's a horror survival game similar to Resident Evil as I understand things and is set in Central Park, New York []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Glorfindel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3110

posted      Profile for Lord Glorfindel   Author's Homepage   Email Lord Glorfindel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thats on Wii!?!?!

Oh my days.

I want.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Official God Father Of Lentil
"LG for PM!!!" - CloudStrife
"LG = Lifes Good = Lifes Glorfindel" - Cloudstife (él es mi amigo!)
"LG, you're evil. Just plain evil" - Aermir
"I REALLY must get around to terminating your account LG!" -Wetwang
"You mad blighter" - Gloin the Dark

From: I grew up in Europe, where History is from. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

The release date is 18th to 20th June Glorf []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Glorfindel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3110

posted      Profile for Lord Glorfindel   Author's Homepage   Email Lord Glorfindel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh wow!

I can see my social life going down the pan.

SITTING IN THE DARK WAVING A REMOTE AT THE BADDIES FTW!!!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

From: I grew up in Europe, where History is from. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

So then, it's a month on since I picked up Wii Fit and time for an update []
Wii Fit is without a doubt a very useful tool for those that wish to lose a few pounds and be able to keep a check, on a daily basis of their weight and BMI []
However Wii Fit will not help you accomplish weight loss and increase your fitness (greatly) on it's own. I have now reached my personal goal of losing those 10 pounds through a combination of healthier eating, cycling a couple of times a week, weights AND the Wii Fit exercises []
It is quite satisfying to see ones daily graph, which is divided into BMI, Weight and Wii Age, decreasing over the weeks []
One thing that Wii Fit has done is to make me more aware of my posture and over the month this has improved quite remarkabally! []
And on a really great note my Wii Age actually got down to 26 one day, which is a lot better than the 56 it registered once! []
Used on its own Wii Fit will not turn you into an athletic Arnold Schwarzenagger; but it can be a useful tool for those that wish to develop a healthier lifestyle or just lose a few pounds []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Once I played Wii Sports, and my Wii age this day was 79.

That was harsh.

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

Just picked up my copy of Alone in the Dark []
[] <---- Me all excited! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

Alone in the Dark = a stinking pile of crap! []

The graphics are somewhere just above PS1 grade which was a major disappointment; especially when you consider the graphic on Wii games like Metroid Prime 3 and Zelda, Twilight Princess.
I really couldn't believe the ammount of 'jaggies' in this game and how it was allowed on the shop shelves without being tidied up a whole lot more! []
And Atari have, in my opinion, tried to put in far too many control actions to utilize the unique nature of the Wii controller; less sometimes really is more as this game fails to demonstrate!
One example of the control failure is your character has to move the Wii-mote or nunchuck outwards to re-use the last object that hand held; unfortunately to open the inventory (our characters coat) one must move both the mote and nunchuck outwards at the same time. This often confuses the system into thinking you wish to use the last object that both hands held! I have lost count of the number of times this has happened to me!!! []
So in summing up, if you're looking for a game that has sub-standard graphics, jaggies galore and decidedly dodgy controls then this IS the game for you; you have been warned! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

Lord Glorfindel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3110

WHAT THE FUDGE!?!?
Why were you posting at half 7! Good God man, go to bed!
Oh yeah, the game! My friend bought it...I'll go try it some time!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

quote:
Why were you posting at half 7! Good God man, go to bed!
I'd already been up an hour and and half by this time, young man; I'm what you may describe as an 'early riser' []
As for the game............get to your mates gaff sooner rather than later; I'm sure he'll be trading it in very quickly! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm what you may describe as an 'early riser'
Mr Wang always makes sure he gets the Early Bird-breakfast so some cornflakes are left for him. Old people in nursing homes like corn flakes - a lot!
From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

Yeah, Herr Gurth, there ain't nobody quicker than me and my zimmerframe! []
And it's one of Swelf's hand-me-downs! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

Lord Glorfindel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3110

[]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

So I wonder if The Conduit will get me over my disappointment of Alone in the Dark? [] It sure looks good (check out the trailer video) []
However it's not due for release until sometime in the first quarter of 2009 []
Failing this there is now more hope that Capcom will now release Resident Evil 0 worldwide and not just in Japan as was first suggested []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

Hylian Hero
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4210
posted      Profile for Hylian Hero   Email Hylian Hero   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
No More Heroes 2...Explicit Yeah! If you haven't played the first one- I recommend it (Lightsabers and Lucha Libre together at last).

I finally played Boom Blox and it was a blast (pardon the pun).

While I'm at it- I think Nintendo has done the same thing it did with the Gamecube- Launched all the goods too soon. Within the first couple years of the system we've already seen the big blockbuster hits(Zelda, Mario, Metroid, MarioKart, Smash), and it seems like there aren't many tricks for Nintendo left up the proverbial sleeve. The only games (imo) that Nintendo can release to sell consoles are Virtual Console titles (Mother 3, Super Street Fighter 2: Turbo, Goldeneye, Banjo Kazooie, Illusion of Gaia, list goes on). While the system is definitely paying off for them and printing money, as a gamer I wish they wouldn't have played down their hand so quickly.

From: Windy City | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Banjo Kazooie
I thought I read a while ago that they had sold the license or whatever and that no more BK games would be for Nintendo []

I mainly agree with you anyway []

I stopped playing Wii a while ago because of a problem with my sensor - it never worked fine, apparently. I have to send it back to Nintendo, but as I'm in the US right now it will wait till I get back home []

[ 10-31-2008, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hylian Hero
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4210
posted      Profile for Hylian Hero   Email Hylian Hero   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What happened was- they sold the whole company (Rare) to Microsoft, which is why the 360 has Perfect Dark, Viva Piñata, Kameo, and is getting Banjo 3 in the next few months.
The topic that's still up in the air is the old rare games. Donkey Kong Country was able to get used on the VC because Donkey Kong is a Nintendo owned character. Conker, Killer Instinct, and BattleToads (the 2 main Banjo games are confirmed for Xbox Live Arcade but I can still dream) are still Rare IPs, so there is a possibility that Nintendo can buy a license to rerelease all those games on the VC.

Goldeneye 007 on the other hand, is an entirely different affair. While Rare may have made the game, it was under a Goldeneye license which Activision now holds. From what I've heard, both Nintendo and Microsoft were in negotiations to get the game on their own online distro. I know a XBLA version is comming, but whether Nintendo also gets to release a VC version is still unknown.

How do you break the sensor bar? Its just 2 sets of infrared leds.

E- when I tried to post it told me my IP was banned. I hit back and reposted and it worked. Any idea whats going on?

[ 10-31-2008, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: Hylian Hero ]

From: Windy City | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

I think that IP problem occurs to anyone who tries to post. No idea.

Oh, okay, thanks for the explanation. I had more or less forgot about it...it had been so sad when I'd found out about Rare... []

Anyway, let's dream, as you said []

Well, the sensor never worked properly from day 1. I have no idea why. A bad connection, maybe ? Anyway, they said they would replace it...

Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

If you have a Wii Fit board then you absolutely MUST get Shaun White Snowboarding Road Trip []
You guide your player around using the Wii Fit board; the Wiimote allows you to perform various tricks and using the mote and board in tandem produces various other tricks []
The gameplay is smooth and fast; the graphics and sound effects cool and the soundtrack has a whole host of great tunes on it from Blue Oyster Cult through to Faithless []
This is a most excellent game and I highly recommend it; well done Ubisoft! [] []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

posted      Profile for Madomir   Email Madomir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just got Wii for the kids and it rocks!! But I need some game recommandations. So far on my 'must have' list is Zelda and Resident Evil 4.. Mario Galaxy & Mario Kart have been requested by the little princesses.. anyone have suggestions?
From: northern hemisphere-ish | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My cousin plays Guitar Hero ALOT. []

Do also download Super Mario 3. []

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes I wonder if making their Mii is more fun for some than playing the various Wii games.
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Super Smash Brawl is cool. []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, back on the Wii Mii. Can anyone post theirs? Has anyone played it on a pc? Maybe if it can be played on one, it can be copied, then posted?
Then we can have a Mii behind the pseudonym thread... []

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

posted      Profile for Madomir   Email Madomir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I like the Mii idea!! [] My kids LOVE making the Mii's! They've got 'em for all their family and friends.. they've even made Mia Hamm and Tom Brady.. I've only got 2 kids but about 25 Mii's!!
From: northern hemisphere-ish | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Computer Games » Must have Wii! (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help