Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
Minas Tirith Forums » Computer Games » Must have Wii! (Page 3)
Author Topic: Must have Wii!
Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

posted      Profile for Adulithien   Email Adulithien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Whatev. I'm with Bele... Wii camping would rule! []

Keep in mind, you wouldn't necessarily think Harvest Moon is any fun until you played it, either!

From: Austin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
OMG Harvest Moon is totally fun!

That is, until the 3rd year....then it just stopped being that entertaining.

But I still like it!

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
So I picked up a copy of Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles this morning..........at last! []
And the gameplay is totally different to other Resident Evil games I've played []
Sure the characters are the same, as are the locations and bad guys. But unlike the other games in the franchise you don't actually move your character around freely; it's a bit like being on the conveyor belt from The Generation Game (Brits will know what I'm on about [] ) where you look left and right and if it moves (and indeed if it doesn't move!) you blast the bejesus outta it! []
There's the usual pickups of weapons, ammo, herbs and files but no puzzles to solve (as yet; I haven't gotten that far just now).
You get to upgrade the various weapons you pick up throughout the game by trading in the 'Stars' (quite a nice touch if you know about the RE games [] ) you get awarded for completing the various chapters.
Well more later once I've played it a bit more.
And remember pop-pickers..........AIM FOR THE 'CRITICAL POINT'! []

[ 11-30-2007, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: Wetwang ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

Well I have spent quite enough hours playing Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles and what a piece of utter total crap! [] It must be the worst game in the whole franchise! []
Honestly, it is nothing more than a glorified kind of Galaxion (if you're old enough to remember the 80's space shooter [] )
You start a chapter, go through several rooms, meet a boss after around 20 - 30 minutes of gameplay, get killed, try again and again until you kill the mf and move on to the next chapter and then repeat all over again with a different boss! []
There are no puzzles to solve in this game, you have to go at a preset dictated pace, the graphics are no better than RE 4, the aiming and shooting functions are decidedly shakey, your field of view is restricted to you direction of movement (even if you got a beasty behind you) and selection between weapons at hot moments can (and does) leave you open to injury and death []
All in all I am very disappointed with this game and heaven knows what Capcom were thinking about releasing this pile of junk for the Wii and it's a real shame that they have no plans to release RE 5 for the Wii! []
So needless to say to get over my disappointment I took the game back today and swapped it for Zelda: Twilight Princess; hopefully this game won't let me down! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I played the new Zelda game on the GameCube before I got my Wii but it's an excellent pick, especially if you've been a fan of the series as I have!
From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Zelda rocks. I'm about half-way through on the gamecube one.
The only qualm I have is that the dungeons mirror ocarina almost exactly (in the elements and a lot of the baddies are the same) and actually the dungeons are a little easier, but have been spruced up and are more fun.
I also like the new weapons introduced and the wolf link really really makes it cool. []

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

Well then, Zelda: Twilight Princess most certainly has helped me get over my disappointment of RE:UC (see, I can't even be bothered to type out it's title in full anymore! [] )
What a suberb game Zelda is, I really getting into it and my lad likes it as well []
The graphics are cool, the gameplay smooth and the puzzles are fun [] []
I've just got to the Death Mountain stage and am indeed becoming as addicted to it as I was to RE4 []
Speaking of which, I completed RE4 in 2hrs 52mins on a speed run a couple of days back! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

Elenár
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4322

posted      Profile for Elenár   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If Wii is so good, why do they advertise it with topless models playing Wii on the internet?
From: The glorious UK - for good! | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Because topless models are so good. Why not combine the two? []
From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

So has any yet got, or intending to get Wii Fit ? []
It looks like a natural progression from Wii Sports and is promising to be some sort of 'Get Fit for Couch Potatoes' kinda thing []
I can't wait! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Wii Fit looks like a lot of fun. Won't give me a six-pack, but will get me more active and into exercise.

Merging gaming and exercise will be the million-dollar idea of the future, and I hope its sooner than later. If Doom came out with a treadmill attachment back in the day, I wouldn't look like a potato now. []

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

Oh man, Doom [] I did that game so many times on my PSOne I lost count []
Now there is a game they should re-release on the Wii []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
As long as I have Doom on my computer I'm satisfied. []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

So I picked up Wii Fit this morning and the Puddles, my parents, sister, her little girl and myself spent most of the afternoon on it []
I've just spent the last hour on it at home by myself and the time just shot by; I can easily see this becoming quite adictive []
You can set yourself a personal goal relating to your weight/BMI over as long or short time period as you like, but it would appear that the good people at Nintendo have put in various safety measures so that you can't try to do too much too quickly [] You can change this personal goal at any time; eg, if you are doing better than expected then you can make your goal a little tougher []
The game (for the want of a better term, though 'game' isn't quite correct) is split into four catagories:
Yoga, which aims to improve posture and tone muscles.
Muscle Workouts, which aims to tone various muscles.
Aerobic Exercises, to help burn body fat.
Balance Games,to help improve your balance.
All four sections have 'unlockable' extra exercises which you unlock once you've spent 'x' number of minutes in that catagory.
There is also a Body Test option that you can do daily (indeed as many times in a day as you like) by way of some exercises the console choses for you that charts your progress towards your personal goal. It calculates how you do in these short exercises into something called your 'Wii Age' []
Anyhow I have set myself a personal goal of losing 7 pounds over the next two months and reducing my BMI to 25.6. Yeah, I'm around 10 or so pounds overweight but I put that mostly down to being out of work for 5 months getting me out of shape! []
But the good news is, today my Wii Age is 42; one year less than I actually am! []
So in summing up, if you like Wii Sport you WILL love Wii Fit; go and get it now []

[ 04-26-2008, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: Wetwang ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

It looks like pole dancing could be coming to a Nintendo Wii near you! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

Lord Glorfindel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3110

posted      Profile for Lord Glorfindel   Author's Homepage   Email Lord Glorfindel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The Wii is a great thing.

Pole Dancing will make it the best thing.

So long as Wetster doesnt get hold of it []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Official God Father Of Lentil
"LG for PM!!!" - CloudStrife
"LG = Lifes Good = Lifes Glorfindel" - Cloudstife (él es mi amigo!)
"LG, you're evil. Just plain evil" - Aermir
"I REALLY must get around to terminating your account LG!" -Wetwang
"You mad blighter" - Gloin the Dark

From: I grew up in Europe, where History is from. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

Don't worry mister, I shall not be getting one! []
However, I DID find a pic of my ex pole dancing for all yours amusment []

-

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

Lord Glorfindel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3110

posted      Profile for Lord Glorfindel   Author's Homepage   Email Lord Glorfindel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Those looks, the ability to pole dance, and a constant source of dairy goodness!!

Remind me why you split up with this babe!?!?!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

From: I grew up in Europe, where History is from. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

quote:
Remind me why you split up with this babe!?!?!
NEVER trust a woman that has four nipples!
Jeez, do I have to teach you everything young man?! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Quite right; hold out for the ones with six.
[] [] [] []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Glorfindel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3110

quote:
Jeez, do I have to teach you everything young man?!
Yes []

Except the birds and the bees...you don't really know what to do there do you!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

Ok I just got Mario Kart Wii and need to race y'all online!

I figured out my friend code and it is as follows:

0387-9477-5400

Lord Glorfindel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3110

I would trash you so fast you couldnt even make a sarky comment []

Except for the problematic problem of being wiiless []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

The Witch-King of Angmar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4899
posted      Profile for The Witch-King of Angmar   Email The Witch-King of Angmar   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Merging gaming and exercise will be the million-dollar idea of the future, and I hope its sooner than later. If Doom came out with a treadmill attachment back in the day, I wouldn't look like a potato now.
I tried to come up with a local GPS-transmitter system so that you could play while running around a big room and wearing i-goggles (think laser-tag, but not stupid), but it was ahead of its time. It's unfortunate that VR is so undeveloped.

[ 05-12-2008, 03:49 AM: Message edited by: The Witch-King of Angmar ]

From: Los Angeles, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hylian Hero
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4210
posted      Profile for Hylian Hero   Email Hylian Hero   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Okami is simply visually stunning. It looks way better on the Wii than the PS, and arguably plays better with the wiimote. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes adventure games.

Lost Winds has proven to be a worthy download. Its an interesting puzzle platformer worth all 10 bucks.

I still have to get Mario Kart, but I should be on that soon.

Hopefully Wii Ware will take off with awesome titles, I know I can't wait for all of Sam and Max to be released on the Wii, as well as Telltale's next endeavor- Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People. Homestarrunner fun is by all means welcome on my Wii.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I'm back and have no idea where to begin.

From: Windy City | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Computer Games » Must have Wii! (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help