Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
Minas Tirith Forums » Computer Games » Must have Wii! (Page 2)
Author Topic: Must have Wii!
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
From what I've heard the Wii is innovative & fun, but there has also been reported lack of good games so far. But they will come. Like Super Mario Galaxy. []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so now I got Resident Evil 4 down to 3hrs 20mins on a 'speed run'! [] I was using the Special Costume 2 option which sees Leo in a gangster outfit [] Add to that his only weapon is the Chicago Typewriter and it's not surprising the 'bad' guys don't stand a chance []
So now I'm slowly getting into Metroid Prime 3: Corruption []
The graphics in this game are just breathtaking if you like the artistic style []
19 days to go until Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles is out; I saw a rather long video on You Tube this afternoon [] Sure looks 'atmospheric' []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

posted      Profile for Adulithien   Email Adulithien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, I've had more fun with Wii Sports than any other title so far. []

Twilight Princess is also [] !

From: Austin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I don't want to flail my arms around while playing a video game. Not even Twilight Princess could get me interested.
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

posted      Profile for Adulithien   Email Adulithien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if you're fundamentally opposed to flailing, maybe the Wii is not for you. And yes, you look mad stupid while you're playing. But it doesn't matter. Nothing matters but playing Wii Sports!!!!!!!!!
From: Austin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think I would have a hard time getting used to Zelda on the wii. I might be too attached to my consoles. And Xbox is love. [] If only for their game "skate" [] []

I'll just have to get both, then. []

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I remember Zelda from the NES - and I remember the envy I felt when I saw what graphics awaited those who had a SuperNES at their disposal. Imagine my frustration, comparing this image:

-

to this one

-

All this new stuff looks so overdone to me - but I would definitely sit down to play some of the Zelda - A Link To The Past, which I never could do.

But then, I think I'm over it by now. I hope.

From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hell no, you're never over it! Zelda will live on in the child of your heart until forever and eternity.
From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I guess you're right - hell, I would even play Zelda 1 again if I had the chance!
From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I just bought a Wii two weeks ago and OMG it's so awesome!!!! I've owned every Nintendo console (virtualboy does not count) since the original and this one is the best yet! It's so marketed to casual gamers that it's a fun party activity! My friends who hate video games always want to come over and play the Wii! It's got some great more "hardcore" games too like I'm currently playing and loving Metroid Prme 3!
From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

Yeah, Metroid Prime 3 is like candy on the eye isn't it? [] I'm just at the bit where you gotta dispose of the Leviathan Seed on Bryyo []
But I'm betting it goes on the backburner this Friday when Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles goes on sale over here! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

zomg i want this so bad!! [] do you think they'll have it in Japan cheaper than here in the US? *hopes* []
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That boss fight is one of the hardest boss fights I've encountered in a game in a long time, Wang. It's actually tiring having to move around so fast and agile while aiming your gun with the wiimote and jumping around with your trigger finger all the while firing at the appropriate weak points. Seriously, playing this video game (system) is almost a workout. []
From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

If you want a workout on the Wii try the boxing on Wii Sports []

E:
Frikking hell! I just caught the tv ad for Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles; it looks frigging awesome!!!!111 []

[ 11-26-2007, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: Wetwang ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

Is there a guest appearance by Rihanna singing "Umbrella?" [] [] []
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've decided that I'm buying the Wii next month []
I don't know which money I'll use, but I'll do it for sure []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

I'll probably try to get it after Japan.... I really need to save for that trip.
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

Haha yeah Wii Boxing is intense like camping. I beat the virtual crap out of Deraj the other night, though. []
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

Camping is pretty dang intense, if you think about it. All that prep-work of packing beforehand. []
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

Camping? There is a Wii-game about camping? Do you have build a friggin' tent and heat up the BBQ with your Wii-joystick? Ahh... I can see it!

Watch out, the neighbour's cat is trying to steal the sausage! *Wii-slash*
Oh no we have to fix the tent after the storm *hammer time*
I think there is a snake in here somewhere *chaos breaks loose*

Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

Maha was refering to the real thing, I'm pretty sure.
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

I don't know about boxing, but I'd camp you to death, yo!

On the Wii.

I'll like get a new Wii-game soon. It's the "Water closet cleaning game". About as intense as it comes. []

[ 11-27-2007, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: Belegurth ]

Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

It was more of a bit of wordplay, actually. It works better when spoken instead of written, though.

Intense = in tents. []

Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

Ai, it hurtss! []
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

Oh.
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Computer Games » Must have Wii! (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help