Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
Minas Tirith Forums » Computer Games » Must have Wii! (Page 1)
Author Topic: Must have Wii!
Roll of Honor The Mighty Müsnud
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

posted      Profile for The Mighty Müsnud   Author's Homepage   Email The Mighty Müsnud   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody else going to buy the new Nintendo Wii this fall? I've never been one to buy video game systems new, but I'm really intrigued by this whole new controller. Imagine playing "Harry Potter" and using your "wand" to cast spells. Or some Star Wars Jedi game and using your "lightsaber" to deflect blaster fire.
From: Wichita, KS, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I hate the title and I don't much like the idea of having to thrash around with the new controller, but I like my Zelda and want it on the best system possible....So my brother and I are asking Santa for one for Christmas []
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hylian Hero
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4210
posted      Profile for Hylian Hero   Email Hylian Hero   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I cannot wait for the Wii. I'm definately picking one up with a copy of Zelda and Metriod to keep me entertained for several months until SSB Brawl comes out. []
From: Windy City | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

posted      Profile for Jango   Email Jango   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hell ya I'm getting one.
From: US Virgin Islands | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elendil the Faithful
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5033
posted      Profile for Elendil the Faithful   Email Elendil the Faithful   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Im being kinda waaary about this purchase...especially since there is gonna be the PS3 and now the Xbox 360..and since Gamecube disappointed me very much.

[ 09-25-2006, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: Elendil the Faithful ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Et Earello Endorenna utulien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn'Ambar-metta!"
"Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world."

Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Glorfindel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3110

posted      Profile for Lord Glorfindel   Author's Homepage   Email Lord Glorfindel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sony = God
PS3 = Jesus

Not usually one to endorse large corperations, but in this instance I'll make an exception.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Official God Father Of Lentil
"LG for PM!!!" - CloudStrife
"LG = Lifes Good = Lifes Glorfindel" - Cloudstife (él es mi amigo!)
"LG, you're evil. Just plain evil" - Aermir
"I REALLY must get around to terminating your account LG!" -Wetwang
"You mad blighter" - Gloin the Dark

From: I grew up in Europe, where History is from. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hylian Hero
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4210
posted      Profile for Hylian Hero   Email Hylian Hero   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Preorder begins tommorow (Oct 13)...at least, thats what my source (which I trust very much) tells me.

E- Today is the 12, tommorow is the 13. I was soo giddy I typoed one number over.

E2- I went at 6 in the morn, waited 4 hours, and got my preorder. YAY!

[ 10-13-2006, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Hylian Hero ]

From: Windy City | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aredhel Isilrá
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3149

posted      Profile for Aredhel Isilrá   Author's Homepage   Email Aredhel Isilrá   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I totally want Wii.

[] Only problem is that I'm poor student and I don't have the money to buy it, so I have to wait for A looooong time.

From: Etelä-Pohojanmaa; Finland | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Magna Carta
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5563
posted      Profile for Magna Carta   Author's Homepage   Email Magna Carta   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The only two things stopping me from getting the Wii:
  1. Monies
  2. The fact that it has Opera, the world's worst web browser

From: Las Vegas, NV... moving to Valinor in the summer! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hylian Hero
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4210
The final version of the Opera browser will be released in March. Right now its a "trial version" (AKA- bugs galore).
Sure Opera may suck, but do you REALLY need to browse the web on your Wii?
I find much more use in the weather channel of the Wii (and in January the news) than in the internet channel
Either way anyone with a Wii will probably be knee deep in Zelda, Rayman, and Super Monkey ball, and thus have no time to use the built in browser.

(side note- Twilight Princess is the best game ever by technicality)

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I'm back and have no idea where to begin.

Princess Keona
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1518

posted      Profile for Princess Keona   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I played my friend Mike's Wii all Christmas weekend, and Monday/Tuesday my arms were SO SORE!!! []

Has anyone played Rayman yet?? It's awesome!!

Btw, I kicked everyone's arse on Wii bowling. []
-Keo

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Thus I live in the world rather as a spectator of mankind than as one of the species.

A sacrifice a day keeps Jesus away!

...the Mace of Keo shall strike down the nefarious Suitors of Iniquity!!! ~ Müs

From: Rivendell | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hylian Hero
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4210
Idk...I think I can take you at Wii Bowling.
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Am I the first person to post to MT using my Wii? []
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I picked up a Wii yesterday! []
I never was really into gaming that much but the interactive nature of the controller had me hooked when the Wii hit the scene []
And I must say I wasn't disappointed and neither was my boy []
Wii Sports is a hoot; tennis and boxxing being a right laugh, both me and the boy were in fits [] Though I do think bowling on Super Monkey Ball is better []
I'll be taking Harry Potter back; I can't get used to the controls on that for the spell casting [] I'll be swapping it for Wii Play which I wanted in the first place []
This evening I'll be cracking open Residential Evil 4 []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I did not have a Wii for my birthday []

I want to play Zelda so bad []

Still, great you have fun, Wetty []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

That should have been Resident Evil 4! []
I had a quick look at it [] I'm sure I'll get used to the controls soon enough [] Looks like it's gonna be a gore-fest! []
Oh and I did a Mii of myself! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supra
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5329
posted      Profile for Supra   Email Supra   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I bought an Xbox360 for the sole purpose of halo 3 lol. If its a dissapointing game, i'll be very sad...
From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

Well it's official, I am addicted to Resident Evil 4! []
I can now clear it in under 10 hours! []
And I can't wait until November 30th when Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles is released in the UK [] Of course our good friends in the USA will get it a couple of weeks before us Brits and the price will be around twice over here than there [] So if any kindly American would get it for me and post it over I'll be happy to sort them out the cost; PM's please []
And on 26th of this month Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is released [] The review on IGN reckons it's the best game so far to be released on the Wii and they give it 9.5 out of 10 []
Man, this console is gonna leave me broke! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
One more month until Super Mario Galaxy! Hed Asplode!
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That game looks so great! I want Wii just because of that... but can't afford it. []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, me too... I mean, I could afford it, but it wouldn't be the right thing. Don't you hate the "right things" sometimes ? []
Anyway, I'm afraid that in a little while, what should be the "wrong thing" to do is going to become the "wrong thing that I did and I don't care because my Wii is great" []

You couldn't believe how many times I wrote "thong" by mistake in this post.

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Right thing sucks. I want money for nothing.
*hmm*
*Realizes he has a some Belegurth's hugs in storage*
Inc', I'll give you that for a Wii! It's a smashing deal! []
quote:
You couldn't believe how many times I wrote "thong" by mistake in this post.
[]
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

posted      Profile for Miranthridel Bloom   Author's Homepage   Email Miranthridel Bloom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
ZOMG! Wii Tennis! Is totally awesome! And I can still win at 3am, all vodka-ed up [] .
From: HMAS Fire & Ice, Miranistan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

Vodka-tennis?
Now that's something I've never tried... yet. []
I have played F-Zero X while drunk. And I did well. [] []

Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,
So this Wii thing is pretty good? I wonder about the new joystick design. Sort of adds a little exercise to your video game - more than just your [] thumbs [] , or so it seems to me, right?

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Computer Games » Must have Wii! (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help