Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 
Minas Tirith Forums » Computer Games » World of Warcraft (Page 4)
Author Topic: World of Warcraft
Arorë Silvertongue
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3570

posted      Profile for Arorë Silvertongue   Author's Homepage   Email Arorë Silvertongue   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
*mourns the loss of Maha*
[]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Now it is a strange thing, but things that are good to have and days that are good to spend are soon told about, and not much to listen to; while things that are uncomfortable, palpitating, and even gruesome, may make a good tale, and take a deal of telling anyway.
~J.R.R. Tolkien

From: Home. For now. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faramir Took
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3268

posted      Profile for Faramir Took   Email Faramir Took   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
ah, well. school keeps me from playing a whole lot, so I can keep addiction at bay.
From: Joisey | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It seems to me that it's either an addiction or a waste of money...
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It's fine if it can be done, like everything else, in moderation.
From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faramir Took
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3268

posted      Profile for Faramir Took   Email Faramir Took   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I agree. While it may be fun to raid 7 days a week, i'd get burnt out so fast. I get burnt out if I play for more than 3 days without at least an 18-hour break.
From: Joisey | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Glorfindel of Los 'lóriol
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2884

posted      Profile for Glorfindel of Los 'lóriol   Email Glorfindel of Los 'lóriol   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I recently stopped playing after playing daily for about 2 and half years. I had accumulated just over 200 days played I think, averaged over 5 hours a day for those 2.5 years.

I figured it was about time to trade that obsession back for my old one . . . Minastirith.com []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
                     . . . and seeing an Elf-lord revealed in his wrath, they were dismayed . . .

From: NY | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Social behaviour & Psychology in World of Warcraft

Interesting read...

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
LOL I didn't realize Maha was a WoW addict. []

I play now. My main is a Blood Elf Mage named Fflur on Frostwolf. Oh yeah, Horde for life suckas. Actualy, I don't really care. []

When I was unemployed, it was a good thing to keep to keep myself occupied without spending money (how did I afford the account? It was a gift from someone), but I'm not a hardcore raider. I find it gets very tedious very fast, especially with raids with lots of useless trash.

So I enjoy pvp where I do like to kick some alliance ass. [] (actually Horde has been failing recently heh)

Anyone still play?

[ 06-08-2011, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: Lillianna ]

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arorë Silvertongue
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3570

posted      Profile for Arorë Silvertongue   Author's Homepage   Email Arorë Silvertongue   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I still play quite regularly. I think my "/played" count is creeping up on 600 days. (Though I have dual-boxed some.... [] ) Lately I've been playing a bit less, though. Maybe 3-5 hours a day, 4-5 days a week. (Instead of 8-10 hours a day, 6-7 days a week). []

Used to play Alliance. Now I play Horde. (Though I still have one "baby" Alliance alt.) My original account is inactive for the time being, since my second one has more characters on it and I can't really afford two accounts over the summer... []

You can find me on the server Feathermoon, mostly as Kyriani, Maiquanee, and Mairyn on Horde-side and Díamynd is my lone Alliance alt. (I have, I think, 16 characters on Feathermoon, but those are the ones I play the most currently.)

I love raiding, but I do it casually as a sub for friends. (Having raided hardcore 40+ hours a week for almost a year during Burning Crusade... never, ever again.) Mostly I just level alts and run heroics.

[ 06-08-2011, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: Arorë Silvertongue ]

From: Home. For now. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Cool! Yeah, from what I hear of raiding in the BC era, it was hell. [] No thank you. PvP, on the other hand, was more wild and crazy (or was that vanilla? haha) then, or so they say.

Well, I've kind of got alt-itus as well, so I probably won't make a new character soon, but if I do, it'd probably be a goblin DK on your server. Actually... that's not a bad idea. DKs are good for pvp right now. []

What's your time zone again? []

Edit: btw, I've been slowly leveling a troll rogue named Xehla on my server. It's fun!

[ 06-09-2011, 01:54 AM: Message edited by: Lillianna ]

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arorë Silvertongue
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3570

DK's are the only class I've never been able to play. [] My current 85s are rogue, warrior, priest, mage, hunter, and shaman.

And I'm on uh... Mountain time. But I tend to go to bed early (call it 2100-2200 server time) unless I'm doing something specific.

Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

All right I'll bear that in mind. [] []

And yeah, DKs have so many abilities and cool downs, but I haven't played one since the recent patch (or even since cata) so I don't know how things have changed.

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Computer Games » World of Warcraft (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help