Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 
Minas Tirith Forums » Computer Games » World of Warcraft (Page 1)
Author Topic: World of Warcraft
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
This is my drug of choice these days (and has been since launch in November 2004) and I was curious to see who else is an addict like myself.

I am a 60 Night Elf Druid named Mahanaxar on the Darkspear server.

From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lórien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5452
posted      Profile for Lórien   Email Lórien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
This is my drug of choice these days
Tis why its alias is World of Warcrack
Dont play I just point out stupid things like that.

[ 07-24-2006, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: Lórien ]

From: thats completely up to you. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I say drug because it's freaking addicting. Warcrack indeed. []
From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lórien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5452
posted      Profile for Lórien   Email Lórien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is why I dont play! I wouldnt have time for MT!
From: thats completely up to you. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Glorfindel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3110

posted      Profile for Lord Glorfindel   Author's Homepage   Email Lord Glorfindel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] @ Lorry

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Official God Father Of Lentil
"LG for PM!!!" - CloudStrife
"LG = Lifes Good = Lifes Glorfindel" - Cloudstife (él es mi amigo!)
"LG, you're evil. Just plain evil" - Aermir
"I REALLY must get around to terminating your account LG!" -Wetwang
"You mad blighter" - Gloin the Dark

From: I grew up in Europe, where History is from. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lórien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5452
whats so funny LG [] its true I wouldnt have time for MT!!
Arorë Silvertongue
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3570

posted      Profile for Arorë Silvertongue   Author's Homepage   Email Arorë Silvertongue   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe he's suggesting that MT may also be a drug. But I agree with Maha on this one. I play WoW. But I play on the Feathermoon server. [] []

The only reason I even saw this thread (and therefore posted) was because it said "World of Warcraft" on the main page and I have MT set as my homepage... I was headed to see the new comic up on worldofwarcraft.com []

*points to sig*

[ 07-24-2006, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: Arorë Silvertongue ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Now it is a strange thing, but things that are good to have and days that are good to spend are soon told about, and not much to listen to; while things that are uncomfortable, palpitating, and even gruesome, may make a good tale, and take a deal of telling anyway.
~J.R.R. Tolkien

From: Home. For now. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

Transfer to Darkspear because DS > all! I'm the recruitment officer for the guild known as Icon. We're currently on the Twin Emperors in Ahn'Qiraj and have just entered Naxxaramus as well.

http://www.iconguild.net

Faramir Took
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3268

posted      Profile for Faramir Took   Email Faramir Took   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
NE Drooids FTW!

I'm a 42 NE druid on Sen'jin. I enjoy clicking on portraits and pictures of leaves.

And I don't enjoy Uldaman. *shudder*

What spec are you, Maha?

From: Joisey | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lókë Heru
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5412
posted      Profile for Lókë Heru   Email Lókë Heru   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I was addicted to it since release until about March, when I just got fed up with the immaturity and lack of end-game content, %15 of the WoW population has even been to MC, why is blizzard still designing more raid-instance crap?
Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

Did you say a lack of end-game content? My guild is having a hard time trying to fit it all in! On Tuesdays (which is the start of the week for us because of the server reset) we do Temple of Ahn'Qiraj, on Wednesdays we clear Blackwing Lair, on Thursdays we alternate between AQ and Naxxaramus, Fri-Sunday we take a break from 40-man raids (as we do promote a "Life > WoW" philosophy thankfully) and do 20-mans or PvP or whatever, and on Mondays we do Naxxaramus. We don't even bother with MC anymore unless the bank runs low on Nexus Crystals. In fact last night we downed Instructor Razuvious who is the first boss in the Death Knight wing. We're the fourth guild on our server to do so.

As for my spec, Faramir, I'm 1/11/39. I have 1 point in Nature's Grasp for dueling and PvP, 11 points in Feral for Feral Charge (agian for dueling and PvP), and the rest in restoration because I absolutely love healing. I have +950 to healing spells with my gear and hopefully will be the first on the server to break 1000. Swiftmend is horribly overpowered, by the way. :-P

[ 07-25-2006, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: Mahanaxar ]

Lókë Heru
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5412
posted      Profile for Lókë Heru   Email Lókë Heru   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
yes, there is a lack, all you can do is raid, and only a small number of people have even been to MC. its ridiculous. The expansion isn't going to have changed much either, you have 15 more 10+ raid instances and one 5 man instance.
Arorë Silvertongue
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3570

posted      Profile for Arorë Silvertongue   Author's Homepage   Email Arorë Silvertongue   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you don't have to complain about it. Just don't play then. Leave it to those of us who use it as our "drug of choice".

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Now it is a strange thing, but things that are good to have and days that are good to spend are soon told about, and not much to listen to; while things that are uncomfortable, palpitating, and even gruesome, may make a good tale, and take a deal of telling anyway.
~J.R.R. Tolkien

From: Home. For now. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lókë Heru
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5412
I left in March...
Arorë Silvertongue
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3570

Thank you.
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

Maybe your server sucked. Either way the game has changed a helluva lot since March, not only in raiding but in casual-user content and PvP as well.

But I didn't come here to argue with you. In the meantime, look at my pretty character:

-

Lókë Heru
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5412
Lemme know when they start making instances that arn't for people levels 50+.
Roll of Honor Kosomot
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1105

posted      Profile for Kosomot   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
There's no point in making new instances for level >50 people since everyone reaches 60 sooner or later. And soon the new cap is 70. Everything but max level instances will only last you through a few levels.
From: The Hells of Iron | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

quote:
Lemme know when they start making instances that arn't for people levels 50+.
its fine, learn2play
Lókë Heru
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5412
quote:
its fine, learn2play
I don't like you very much...and I loathe that phrase...
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It's so expensive [] I don't know if I would have time to make it worth it....
I did get a free trial from Comic Con, though. My brother got two cause he took our mom's [] He's on with our cousins right now....

I'm afraid to use the trial because I don't want to suffer the withdrawal which will occur when it runs out.

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xuco
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5490
posted      Profile for Xuco   Email Xuco   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've been wanting to get it for some time, but unfortunately I would not be able to afford the fees at this time. For now I stick to Guild Wars, which is free to play online!
Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lókë Heru
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5412
You can always get the discs from a friend, then just sign up on a private server, they are free.
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

quote:
I don't like you very much...and I loathe that phrase...
Seriously, it is ridiculously easy to get to the max level (60) in comparison to other games. Why would Blizard release content for those that aren't their target market? Most people who play the game now are 60. Those who you see who aren't are likely their alts.
Roll of Honor Kosomot
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1105

posted      Profile for Kosomot   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You can always get the discs from a friend, then just sign up on a private server, they are free.
They are also illegal and full of hackers.
From: The Hells of Iron | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Computer Games » World of Warcraft (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help