profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Computer Games » Battle For Middle Earth 2
Author Topic: Battle For Middle Earth 2
Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5059
posted      Profile for Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I saw the photos for this game and it looks awesome [] .
Does anybody know the release date, I think I heard February?

From: Philly | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elendil the Faithful
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5033
posted      Profile for Elendil the Faithful   Email Elendil the Faithful   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Accoring the ebgames.com, the normal CD version is due out Feb. 28 and the special DVD version is due out on Mar. 1

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Et Earello Endorenna utulien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn'Ambar-metta!"
"Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world."

Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2395

posted      Profile for Sam Gamgee   Email Sam Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
There is also a continuing discussion about B4ME and B4ME II here.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5059
posted      Profile for Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah but that thread died.
And it barely mentions BFME2 thats why I started this thread.

[ 11-26-2005, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas ]

From: Philly | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Stupid. This thread can be more centered on BFME II!

So has anyone gotten into this one much yet?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Middle Earth Angling Guide

Artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
my brothers got the game and said it was good.

I like how they drew a lot of stuff from the books, like from the appendicies and stuff....apparently, in the good campaign, you have to clear out Dol Galdur (did I spell that right?), which rocks.

Also, the elven heroes are Glorfindol, Legolas, Elrond, Arwen, and Thranduil, which I think is tight.

Also, Bombadil can be summoned and he sings and dances around. []

Plus you can make your own heroes...so it would be possible to create Silmarillion-esque heroes, which I would look forward to.

I want to get the game but I don't think my computer can handle it.

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5059
I have the game but I can't play my comp has more viruses then Pam Anderson []
Rumil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5454
posted      Profile for Rumil   Email Rumil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Plus you can make your own heroes...so it would be possible to create Silmarillion-esque heroes, which I would look forward to.
Don't look forward to it you have very little to choose from when making a hero (at least appearence wise). But it is still a fun game, but if you want book based RTS you should buy BFME 1 and download this Mod:
http://rhovanion.mevault.ign.com/TechTree.html

From: Lothlorien | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5059
I can't wait till my computer gets fixed!
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5059
This MOD looks amazing!
Lórien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5452
posted      Profile for Lórien   Email Lórien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I know doesn't it!
From: thats completely up to you. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Glorfindel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3110

posted      Profile for Lord Glorfindel   Author's Homepage   Email Lord Glorfindel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*BUMP!*

What are the specs for this?

My brother got a PC which I plan to hijack for games, and I know it can run BFME, but I'm not sure about BFMEII...

I'm really after you're personal recommended, because even I can look the minimums up on the net, but I'm fed up of games running terribly.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Official God Father Of Lentil
"LG for PM!!!" - CloudStrife
"LG = Lifes Good = Lifes Glorfindel" - Cloudstife (él es mi amigo!)
"LG, you're evil. Just plain evil" - Aermir
"I REALLY must get around to terminating your account LG!" -Wetwang
"You mad blighter" - Gloin the Dark

From: I grew up in Europe, where History is from. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supra
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5329
posted      Profile for Supra   Email Supra   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have 2.5 Ghz Pentium 4 Processor with 512 Mb ram and 128mb ATI 9250 graphics card. On very low settings, it works fine. High settings in this game isnt very important because its an RTS, which means you look at the game from a far away camera and close detail doesnt show up. The only time it lags on my pc is when i command an army of over 2000 units (which rarely happens in a skirmish).

Its a pretty good game, but i like the first battle for middle earth because it focused on the main battles, whereas this focuses on the war in the north. It gets pretty boring after like 20-30 games because it gets repetitive. I would like it more if the enemy followed the rules of a normal battle in skirmishes i.e. building a large army and then launching a massive assault. I dont like it when the enemy keeps attacking with 2 battalions all the time. Probably the best part in the game is in the Evil campaign last mission when u attack rivendell- U can have sauron fite galadriel while Drogoth the dragon and nazgul attack her.

BTW i dont play online cause i always lose lol.

From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5059
Hey guys. I haven't been on these here forums for over 2 years!!

I still play this game alot online. Is there anyone else who still does?

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5059
7 years later I still play this game, the original and the expansion!
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Computer Games » Battle For Middle Earth 2
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help