Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
Minas Tirith Forums » Computer Games » Well spank my ass and call me Susan! (Page 1)
Author Topic: Well spank my ass and call me Susan!
Roll of Honor Ninj
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 681
posted      Profile for Ninj   Email Ninj   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm well aware that many of you will have seen this video of someone completing Mario 3, from start to finish, in eleven minutes; nevertheless, the first person who tells me something along the lines of "bleh bleh that's old hat" gets beat upside their head.
From: The magical elven realmadi-blah-di-blah | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well I'm not sure what "old hat" is, but I'm going to have to be the first to make a comment...

He used an emulator to do this, and with an emulator you can save at any point in time, even in mid-jump or whatever. I'm not saying he did, but he could have saved after every move and done something over as many as times as he wanted if he messed up. Still, he had to have some talent, and it is fun to watch []

From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
nevertheless, the first person who tells me something along the lines of "bleh bleh that's old hat" gets beat upside their head.
That's not a very ladylike thing to say, Susan. [] [] []

* OK, I've filled my troll quota for the day *

From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eleanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2536

posted      Profile for Eleanor Gamgee   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, I've heard about this! I haven't watched it though. *downloads and watches*

Hey, wait a second.

Gripe #1: I agree with GtW, he must have saved it along the way. How on earth could he stomp on all the Goomba's heads so perfectly in world 1-1?

Gripe #2: Something's bothering me about the magic flute trick. The warp screen is divided into three lines: worlds 2,3 and 4, then worlds 5, 6, and 7, and then 8. How could he suddenly appear on the FIRST warp line, bypass the second and jump straight to world 8??

Okay, I'm done griping. I don't care if it's fake, it's still COOL! It took me eleven tries and a P-wing to beat world 8! What expert timing on the cannonball levels! I'm in awe. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Susan, even if the site you linked us to has a broken download and I had to Google for another site. []

From: St. Louis... well, close enough. | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Bleh bleh that's old hat.
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Ninj
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 681
posted      Profile for Ninj   Email Ninj   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*beats you upside your head*

There, we've gotten that over with.

From: The magical elven realmadi-blah-di-blah | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hylian Hero
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4210
posted      Profile for Hylian Hero   Email Hylian Hero   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I thought we already established that it was a fake...mabe it was in another Forum, but none-the-less that video IS indeed fake, the person who did it DID use an Emulator and DID confess to using saves as well as saying that he didnt think that anyone was going to believe he actually did it. It is a very entertaining video to watch but it IS fake...now just wait for me to find the link that proves it...

E1- Well I couldn't find the Specific site but according to Here and here the Website at the end of the Video is the guys personal website where, wehn translateed, admits that he used saves on an Emulator.

[ 01-05-2005, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: Hylian Hero ]

From: Windy City | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Ninj
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 681
Hot damn, you're kidding me, right?

I couldn't do that even with an emulator.

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey bare-assed Susan, thats old hat! []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Kosomot
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1105

posted      Profile for Kosomot   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
 -
From: The Hells of Iron | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Ninj
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 681
I'm going to make a post with absolutely no jokes, gags, quips, witticisms, sarcasm or irony but everyone will think I'm the comedydog's bollocks because I headed it up with the [] smilie.

In fact I think that's what you should change your screenname to. Comedydog.

I'm going to send Hidalgo a nomination for you as funniest citizen.

Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What makes the matter even worse is that you, Ninj, made a sincere attempt not to be funny in any way - and yet, your post offers more humour than Snowdog's.
From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 

From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] [] [] [] []

I can't help it if [] Ninj [] likes being spanked and called Susan ....

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elessar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 871

posted      Profile for Elessar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Snowdog always wins the prize for making obscure bumps of old threads.
From: Alabama | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Ninj
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 681
And it only took two months, four days, 9 hours and fifty minutes for him to think of that retort.
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

quote:
And it only took two months, four days, 9 hours and fifty minutes for him to think of that retort.
[] it actually just goes to show where razzing you rates on my list of things to do.
Its good to know that you actually can tell time though. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Middle Earth Angling Guide

Artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser

Elessar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 871

posted      Profile for Elessar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
From: Alabama | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Ninj
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 681
quote:
quote:
it actually just goes to show where razzing you rates on my list of things to do.
You make it sound like you were out curing cancer by headbutting communists. You can't spend two months and three days eating cookies in the bath and then pretend you had more important things than getting one over on me to occupy yourself.
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

quote:
You make it sound to me like you were out curing cancer by headbutting communists. You can't spend two months and three days eating cookies in the bath and then pretend you had more important things than getting one over on me to occupy yourself.
[] Susan, I properly re-worded that for you....

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Middle Earth Angling Guide

Artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser

Roll of Honor Ninj
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 681
Good one.
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Thanks.

ninj = A boy named Sue

Theoden Horsemaster
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5009
posted      Profile for Theoden Horsemaster   Email Theoden Horsemaster   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting title you chose for this thread... []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
..The Lord is my Shepherd.....
...Our Father who art in Heaven....
...Hail Mary full of grace.....
....Glory be to the Father......
..I belive in God the Father al...
..Hail Holy Queen Mother of.......

From: Exploring Middle-Earth on my beloved horse Snowmane | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Keona
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1518

posted      Profile for Princess Keona   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That is the most f*cking earth-shatteringly amazing thing I've ever seen... I've been trying to beat that damn game FOREVER! []
-Keo

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Thus I live in the world rather as a spectator of mankind than as one of the species.

A sacrifice a day keeps Jesus away!

...the Mace of Keo shall strike down the nefarious Suitors of Iniquity!!! ~ Müs

From: Rivendell | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elessar Telcontar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4385
posted      Profile for Elessar Telcontar   Email Elessar Telcontar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You know it's fake though right? They confirmed it a while ago.
Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Computer Games » Well spank my ass and call me Susan! (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help