Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Computer Games » Anyone know anything about Lord of the Rings Online?
Author Topic: Anyone know anything about Lord of the Rings Online?
Halbarad, Ranger of the North
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1216
posted      Profile for Halbarad, Ranger of the North   Email Halbarad, Ranger of the North   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Any news or previews or anything about it on the web yet? All I know is that it comes out in 2003. Just curious yo see how it will be done. An amazing concept that was tried before I think with Sierra's "Middle Earth"

Cant help but wonder if its going to be a lotr adaptation of EverQuest...

Thoughts?

From: Hickory, NC USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I actually have seen a preview for it as an IGN Insider. It looks very incredible!
From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Halbarad, Ranger of the North
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1216
posted      Profile for Halbarad, Ranger of the North   Email Halbarad, Ranger of the North   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Any way you could get us a link to the preview? I wonder if it will revolutionize the MUSH...

I do not think it will replace it by any means. But the concept is just brilliant.

From: Hickory, NC USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You have to be an insider to be able to watch it, if I gave you the link it would ask you to register and all I think.

If I do find the link though I'll post it and see if it does let you. I'm not sure I still have it though.

From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arathoron
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1114
posted      Profile for Arathoron   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Lord of the Rings online?
Can someone explain to me what that means, please.

Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThunderZtorm
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1364
posted      Profile for ThunderZtorm   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a dream...??? LOTR ONLINE RPG?????

omg...

What it means is:

You have a world on a huge server. up to about 10.000 players. The designers take the big roles, and everybody does their little part.

It's like a pen&paper role playing game, with 10.000 people at the same time.

From: Denmark | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgoth
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 449
posted      Profile for Morgoth   Email Morgoth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I can't imagine a corporate game company getting a mmorpg on LotR up and running stable with all advertised features implemented before 2004. On the other hand, it looks like some folks aren't going to wait that long. Time to mod Neverwinter Nights! Here's the article from Middle Earth Stratics:

"Greetings Pokeroo! May name is Rob aka Duilin Riversong of Ardan Nights, and
I just wanted to drop a line about us, since I figured some MEstratics
viewers/readers may be interested in this. (plus I got a returned mail when
I tried to send this to the regular News mail address) We are a
Middle-earth/J.R.R. Tolkien guild that is dedicated to making a realistic
and livable Middle-earth using Neverwinter Nights (neverwinternights.com,
and/or nwn.stratics.com ). We have been featured at TOR.n
(theonering.net).

Our site is currently under construction but we have an ezboard at http://pub48.ezboard.com/bardanights
and a Yahoo Group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ardan-nights
The ezboard is the main untill our site is up.

Our Description: With the ending of the Middle-earth project by Sierra, many
devoted fans have voiced ideas on creating our own version of Middle-earth;
one that holds as close as possible to the now ended version of ME and JRR
Tolkien's books. One of the responses has been to utilize Neverwinter Nights
to create the game we desire. This "guild" is to further that ambition, and
provide a temporary home for the project until a website can be built that
is devoted to the task.

Special features or attractions of the site: The website will include
forums, databases, chat, polls, a newsletter, multimedia, Middle-earth lore,
and stories sections.

Contact info: I (Duilin Riversong) can be contacted at solo999@hotmail.com

We can also be contacted at our forum and yahoo group sites.

Thank you for your time!

Rob
aka Duilin Riversong
on behalf of Ardan Nights

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Down with the foul Ents!!!

From: Tampa, Florida USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
... 9+ years on ...

quote:
Halbarad, Ranger of the North said: "Cant help but wonder if its going to be a lotr adaptation of EverQuest..."
After being somewhat enthusiastic in the years while the movies were coming out to about 2005,I was always somewhat sceptical of it ever being able to incorporate the feel of Tolkien's Middle Earth. In the end, it did pretty much end up as a Middle Earthy tweaked Everquest/World of Warcraft.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Hand
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11334
posted      Profile for The White Hand   Email The White Hand   Edit/Delete Post 
Was it made by the same company?

[ 04-08-2011, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: The White Hand ]

From: Memphis | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Computer Games » Anyone know anything about Lord of the Rings Online?
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help