profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Other Tolkien Productions » ~ Middle Earth TV ~
Author Topic: ~ Middle Earth TV ~
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'll just leave this here...

[ 11-14-2017, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Middle Earth Angling Guide

Artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's just great! [] Yet another corruption of The Professor's works? Well, the kids might like it.
sheesh

From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tigranes
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 9076
posted      Profile for Tigranes   Email Tigranes   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It's not necessarily a bad thing, though. It all depends on how serious they are. If they go "all in" like Game of Thrones (in terms of money and commitment) and stay lore accurate at the same time, it could be a great series.

[ 11-07-2017, 04:57 AM: Message edited by: Tigranes ]

From: anywhere | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You make a good point, Tigranes. Thanks.
I'll keep a good thought.

They told me I was gullible, and I believed them...
[]

Edit: Yet another typo

[ 11-07-2017, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: Aiwrendel ]

From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Tigranes said: "It's not necessarily a bad thing, though. It all depends on how serious they are. If they go "all in" like Game of Thrones (in terms of money and commitment) and stay lore accurate at the same time, it could be a great series."
Yes, I agree. I'll keep an open mind on this, like I did before Fellowship came out in December 2001. Bezos isn't short of $$, and he wants a hit for Amazon TV, so if the casting, writing, directing, and production values are decent, this could be quite good. I suspect the stories will be developed from the many historical outlines presented by Tolkien in the appendices. It will cause hardcore purist rage I'm sure, but unlike the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, the historical overview is there but the details are not. One could delve deep in to why Arnor was divided between Earendur's sons, the northern wars with the Witch King, or the whole course of the Gondorian Kin Strife for instance. It will be interesting to watch the development of this.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Am I crazy or have I just read that Christopher Tolkien resigned as head of the Tolkien Estate ? [] []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

You read correctly! There was a hint of that possibility in the Beren and Luthien book. At 93, it's understandable. I guess the estate is in the hands of the grandchildren now?
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Other Tolkien Productions » ~ Middle Earth TV ~
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help