profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Other Tolkien Productions » Silmarillion filmfiction
Author Topic: Silmarillion filmfiction
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Now this is just a little bit of fun. But with the easier availability of things like Cameras, graphics and background stuff one can use on Computers, it should mean that making amateur film a bit easier. So given the making of films like Hunt for Gollum and Born of Hope, if one was to film a chapter from the Silmarillion, which most of them would require a bit of adaptation which one would anyone like to see? Personally I think a filming of the tale of Beren and Luthien would be good!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tigranes
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 9076
posted      Profile for Tigranes   Email Tigranes   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
IMO the tale of Beren and Luthien would be very difficult to film.
From: anywhere | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarah the Good Witch
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11219
posted      Profile for Sarah the Good Witch   Email Sarah the Good Witch   Edit/Delete Post 
Not if you're stupid. Then, everything's easy: and you'll get rave reviews no matter how silly it is.
From: Vancouver | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Dread Pirate Roberts
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2117
posted      Profile for The Dread Pirate Roberts   Email The Dread Pirate Roberts   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I just envisioned someone using Jethro Tull's Thick as a Brick as the soundtrack for The Music of the Ainur.
From: Blacksburg, VA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarah the Good Witch
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11219
posted      Profile for Sarah the Good Witch   Email Sarah the Good Witch   Edit/Delete Post 
Just be glad it's not Disney's Fantasia. []

[ 05-28-2009, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: Sarah the Good Witch ]

From: Vancouver | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have a rough screenplay of the Sack of Norgothrond.... []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Where might this rough screenplay be?

edit:
quote:
I just envisioned someone using Jethro Tull's Thick as a Brick as the soundtrack for The Music of the Ainur.
Or Tull's Skating Away
Meanwhile back in the year one...

[ 06-03-2009, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: pi ]

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Where might this rough screenplay be?

Right now, on my computer hard-drive. I may have some Tolkien geeks in a a college film-making class interested in bringing it to life. We'll see.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Other Tolkien Productions » Silmarillion filmfiction
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help