profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Other Tolkien Productions » Rivendell by Rush
Author Topic: Rivendell by Rush
Celebrimbor
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1218
posted      Profile for Celebrimbor   Email Celebrimbor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
We all know of the Led Zeppelin songs Misty Mountain Hop and Battle of Evermore, and Ramble On that have Tolkein references, but did anyone ever hear the song Rivendell by Rush? I would recommend listening to it. It's Pretty good.
From: Trenton | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, never heard of it. I'll go check it out now
From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'd love to hear it but I couldn't find it on the Internet.
I always liked Rush. Does anyone have a link to that song?

From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ah yes! Good song! Its on the 'Fly By Night' album, and also, it was another song on that album that led to my character name of Snowdog!

[ 12-15-2001: Message edited by: Snowdog ]

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Galion The Tipsy Butler
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1152

posted      Profile for Galion The Tipsy Butler   Email Galion The Tipsy Butler   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Big Rush fan here, Snowdog. From what I hear, Neil Peart is taking time off to grieve the loss of his wife and little girl. I wish him the best. I put him up with Buddy Rich on my list of most impressive drummers. I hope the band will get back on track one day. The world of music is darker without them.

By Tor and the Snowdog prepare for battle.
Let the fray begin!

From: The Castle ...Aaaaaarrrrrg! | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Rush's 30 year reunion tour seemed to say they got back on track! []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ringthane
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 3
posted      Profile for Ringthane   Author's Homepage   Email Ringthane   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Does this thread get the award for longest layover between responses? 6 years! Impressive.

But yeah, there was a time when I listened to that song over and over and over again on my Walkman. At the time, I thought it really caught the sleepy atmosphere of the Hall of Fire in my little 14-year-old brain. A friend of mine who was into Rush and LOTR made a copy from his scratchy old LP. I still have that copy, and I listen to it from time to time. I have it on CD now, too, but for some reason the clean digital sound doesn't evoke the same emotion in me as the skippy vinyl.

[ 01-18-2008, 01:58 AM: Message edited by: Ringthane ]

From: Lombard, IL, USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Other Tolkien Productions » Rivendell by Rush
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help