Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
Minas Tirith Forums » Other Tolkien Productions » Born of Hope (Page 3)
Author Topic: Born of Hope
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
All-in-all, I give them a [] for their passion and efforts.
Good entertainment!

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I actually just watched this yesterday, and I was fairly impressed. The writing was...okay, but a lot of the acting was surprisingly decent. This and The Hunt for Gollum are two of the most impressive fanfilms I've ever seen. I'd like to see this group do more films set in Middle-earth. Something about young Aragorn during his days as Thorongil would be fun.

Oh, and the guy who played Arathorn kind of reminded me, visually, of both Aragorn and Boromir at times. That was either excellent casting, or just a very weird coincidence.

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
A bit of coincidence, I guess - I think he was one of those running it all. But excellent casting among them! He could well look like the father of Viggo Mortensen's Aragorn.
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I just gave this another watch... and personally I'd rather re-watch this than the PJ films.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
So did I. and me, too.
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
From the latest newsletter from the makers of Born of Hope:
quote:
Born of Hope - Screening at The Return of the Ring

The Return of the Ring is taking place from 16th - 20th August 2012 at
Loughborough University, UK.

The ultimate event for fans of the books and films – five days
celebrating 75 years of The Hobbit. Special guest talks, banquet,
gaming, parties, art show, papers, quizzes, live music, costumes,
workshops, storytelling, book signings, ceilidh, Middle-earth
re-enactment and much more!

I (Kate Madison) will be attending the event on the Saturday and Sunday. BoH will be
screening, I will be doing a Q&A plus a panel about adaptations and
will also be around to answer questions, chat to, buy drinks for and
sign stuff etc :-) I hope to see you there.
http://www.returnofthering.org/

Anyone from the UK planning to go there?
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Halion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2140
posted      Profile for Halion   Email Halion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I will be one of the approximately 150 foreigners attending Return of the Ring, though mainly for the book-related events.
Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mithrennaith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5239
posted      Profile for Mithrennaith   Author's Homepage   Email Mithrennaith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I’ll be there too.
From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

That's great - do come back and tell us about it afterwards! []

(in the book-related threads, if you so prefer [] )

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

I had to watch Born Of Hope again to get the Hobbit out of my eyes.
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

I gave this another watch today.... despite some flawed moments of acting and a cliche love triangle, this is actually quite enjoyable to watch!
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

A bit of an aside here. I got this from the Born of Hope facebook page
Ranger

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Other Tolkien Productions » Born of Hope (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help