Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
Minas Tirith Forums » Other Tolkien Productions » Born of Hope (Page 2)
Author Topic: Born of Hope
Ulairë Gordis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5350

posted      Profile for Ulairë Gordis   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It seems there is another film in preparation: "The Hunt for Gollum"

http://www.hunt4gollum.com/

From: Minas Morgul | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
can you see the trailer?

[ 02-26-2008, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: pi ]

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ulairë Gordis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5350

posted      Profile for Ulairë Gordis   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Not in Quicktime, not in Divx, but in Windows - yes (the middle option).
From: Minas Morgul | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, I tried that one, too. When I click on it, I just get the word "done" in the bottom left. []
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ulairë Gordis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5350

For me it opens Windows Media Player and starts playing the sequence.
Sorry, I don't know how to help. []

But anyway, there isn't more details than in the screenshots - beautiful scenery, a lonely figure walking and tracking and one shot of Aragorn's face.

Ulairë Gordis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5350

I have found another link to the trailer. Maybe this one will work?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x36fav_teaser1-hunt-for-gollum

Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

worked - thanks!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
The grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Aragon the First
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6486
posted      Profile for Aragon the First   Author's Homepage   Email Aragon the First   Edit/Delete Post 
I am very new to non-Tolkien works set in ME. Are any of the movies (unlike the books) any good?
From: Washington State | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Errrrrmmmmmmmmm, Well, I suggest you browse this site a little. I think you might find a whole range of opinion. Good been such a controversial term after all.
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The makers of Born of Hope now expect it to be Online Autumn/Fall 2009.
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WonderBroad
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 242
posted      Profile for WonderBroad   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Born of Hope will be released online in ONE WEEK!

You will be able to view it on Dailymotion.com or on the Web site at Bornofhope.com. I imagine that shortly thereafter it will be available on YouTube, as well.

You can see their latest trailer on their Web site right now, along with a variety of podcasts.

Can't wait!

[ 11-24-2009, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: WonderBroad ]

Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It would be quite nice if I was told that the script and the plot was good in this one rather than the special effects!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WonderBroad
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 242
I do not think you will be disappointed...

[]

Tigranes
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 9076
posted      Profile for Tigranes   Email Tigranes   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
And I hope it won't be another Jackson rip-off. That other film about the hunt for Gollum was too much based upon Jackson's trilogy.
From: anywhere | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WonderBroad
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 242
Well, it is based on the look of Jackson's films (take a peek at the photos on their web site, and you'll see what I mean.) I hope that doesn't disappoint you too much, though.
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Hmmmmmm, have a feeling then we will both be disappointed! [] But don't feel too bad, I'm sure millions will like it and I am very hard to please at times in this type of thing!
WonderBroad
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 242
For me, I will await the story, and how it deals with the characters. As for its look, I think they've already done an amazing job!
Halion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2140
posted      Profile for Halion   Email Halion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Some purist, pre-release pounding of the film: http://www.thecimmerian.com/?p=7777 []
Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tigranes
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 9076
posted      Profile for Tigranes   Email Tigranes   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the link, Halion.
To me, one of the major gripes before watching the movie, is actually a normally-built, fairly slender woman carrying a Welsh longbow. She doesn't operate that thing, does she?
Because this type of bow, even more so than other powerful bows, requires a lot of strength to draw and a lot of training to master. If you want to show a pretty woman with a bow, I'm afraid a smaller self-bow will have to suffice (an Eastern composite bow won't work because IIRC it is too wet in the Western half of ME).
A woman capable of drawing such a thing more than once a day (let alone hitting a target) would look, um, different.

[ 11-28-2009, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: Tigranes ]

From: anywhere | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Halion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2140
posted      Profile for Halion   Email Halion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The film will premier on http://www.dailymotion.com/bornofhope at 7:00 p.m. GMT (20:00 CET, 11:00 a.m. PST, 2:00 p.m. EST) today.
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
This could be an entertaining watch. I hope the servers can handle the traffic.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've just watched it, and I enjoyed it very much.
I recommend it!

One gripe that the blogger above had with it, is not relevant any more, though:
quote:
Another factor is the length: the site clocks the film in at 30 minutes.
I don't know where they got that from - it's very close to 69 minutes.
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Halion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2140
Extended version with synced (?) sound and full credit sequence
The Dread Pirate Roberts
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2117
posted      Profile for The Dread Pirate Roberts   Email The Dread Pirate Roberts   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Finally starting to watch this. I'm in around 10 minutes or so.

Didn't like the orcs attacking in the daylight. Wouldn't happen in that place and time. Didn't like the Jacksonian style battle right off the bat. Don't like how the Men (and women) who are supposed to be scattered in rural villages look to be better fed than most Hobbits. And I don't like how the Men are portrayed to be scattered and unorganized except for as small independent groups. And the soap opera aspect of the love triangle is annoying.

That's just for starters. I'm sure there will be more and this film will be every bit on par with Jackon's work.

Also, did the Dunadain really burn bodies? Seemed out of place to me but I could be wrong there.

[ 01-28-2010, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: The Dread Pirate Roberts ]

From: Blacksburg, VA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mithrennaith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5239
posted      Profile for Mithrennaith   Author's Homepage   Email Mithrennaith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Denethor’s burning himself and attempting to burn Faramir is described as ‘heathen’ and contrary to Dúnadan practice.
From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Other Tolkien Productions » Born of Hope (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help