Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Other Tolkien Productions » Finish Lord of the Rings Miniseries
Author Topic: Finish Lord of the Rings Miniseries
Pippin Toker
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 168
posted      Profile for Pippin Toker   Author's Homepage   Email Pippin Toker   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hi

Is there any finish debaters here, who could phone the finish television (YLE) and find out if they plan til issiu the Finish Lord of the Rings Miniseries (Hobitit) on DVD with some kind of subtitles (english or swedish).

Pippin

From: Denmark | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thorin, do you have any idea what he's talking about? A Finnish LOTR miniseries??
From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Halion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2140
posted      Profile for Halion   Email Halion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Pippin Toker is talking about this mini-series.
Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I've heard of this but have never seen it for sale anywhere. I'm a bit curious regarding the business side of things - did Zaentz sell rights to a version if it wasn't in English? Or what?
From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
F-i-n-n-i-s-h

*twitches*

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Witch-King of Angmar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4899
posted      Profile for The Witch-King of Angmar   Email The Witch-King of Angmar   Edit/Delete Post 
Is it available with English subtitles? I wanted to see the French "Asterix & Obelix" movie (the one featuring Gerard Depardieu as Obelix) but it didn't have subtitles in English.
From: Los Angeles, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
I don't think it's available in any form. The production company lists it, but doesn't show how to buy it. According to the online inventory, it's not in Helsinki's biggest department store.
From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Verrrrryy innnteresting.... I suppose someone at one of the two production companies mentioned on imdb might know whether or not it was reproduced for home video.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0441925/companycredits

The title "Hobitit" -- is that the Finnish plural "Hobbits"?

From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
Yes, the "t" in Finnish is like the plural "s" in English.
Aredhel Isilrá
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3149

posted      Profile for Aredhel Isilrá   Author's Homepage   Email Aredhel Isilrá   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh I would have loved to see it.

Unfortunally, I read that Yle only had the rights to show it on TV and that ended 1998, even though there has been request on publishing it on DVD.

But theres always some hope...

[ 12-04-2006, 05:48 AM: Message edited by: Aredhel Isilrá ]

From: Etelä-Pohojanmaa; Finland | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Captain of Gondor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5254

posted      Profile for Captain of Gondor   Author's Homepage   Email Captain of Gondor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Very intresting. I wouldn't mind seeing it.
From: Ririe, Idaho | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Halion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2140
posted      Profile for Halion   Email Halion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It even has Bombadil and the Scouring. []
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
And how did you get your hands on this?
Halion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2140
Well, let’s just say that it’s viewable on YouTube. []
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
[]
The Dread Pirate Roberts
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2117
posted      Profile for The Dread Pirate Roberts   Email The Dread Pirate Roberts   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm digging the hairdos and 70s guitar music. Amazing that this was made in 1993.
From: Blacksburg, VA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

posted      Profile for Madomir   Email Madomir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What's amazing to me after watching just the first 9 min YouTube vid is that PJ blatently ripped these guys off. Bilbo (I think) telling a story to a bunch of doe-eyed hobbit kids and the beginning of the Smeagol/Deagol scene are eerily reminiscent of PJ's work. Couldn't understand a single word but even so the similarities are plain to see.
From: northern hemisphere-ish | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Halion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2140
quote:
Bilbo (I think) telling a story to a bunch of doe-eyed hobbit kids
Actually it’s Samwise. []
Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

posted      Profile for Madomir   Email Madomir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Actually it’s Samwise.
Of course.. it couldn't be Bilbo since the story tellin' was after the war of the ring [] . Even so, it was the hobbit kids and the way they're so engrossed by the story teller that look so similar to what PJ did.
From: northern hemisphere-ish | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
quote:
I'm digging the hairdos and 70s guitar music. Amazing that this was made in 1993.
For some unfathomable reason, Finnish taste in popular music runs 20 years behind the rest of the world. Right now the radio is filled with 80s hair bands. (One of my friends likes to joke about this cool new band called Bon Jovi he just discovered.)

On the flip side, I am looking forward to reliving the grunge era. I've been saving my flannel shirts in anticipation.

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Other Tolkien Productions » Finish Lord of the Rings Miniseries
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help