Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Lord of the Rings » Madness of Denethor = Lead Poisoning?
Author Topic: Madness of Denethor = Lead Poisoning?
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/48tqut/i_was_rewatching_the_return_of_the_king_and/

Reddit fairly debunks this one in the comments, but it is an interesting observation.

Denethor’s madness had roots in lead poisoning from his eating acidic tomatos from pewter dishes??

No way this was a conscious decision on PJ’s part, but I could be wrong. If it was, it’s just one more way the dignity of a character was eroded by a “cool” idea.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, as usual I did not think that Denethor was that badly portrayed as first! But sadly, that character did get more and more ridiculous as the movie went on. Culminating in that stupid fall of his at the end! No reflection upon the actor playing him, but that was how it went!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Lord of the Rings » Madness of Denethor = Lead Poisoning?
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help