Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Lord of the Rings » Lord of the Rings vs The Hobbit
Author Topic: Lord of the Rings vs The Hobbit
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Which trilogy do YOU prefer and why?

Currently I favour The Hobbit, even the soundtracks. I'm surprised, I admit. It's all dwarves! I don't like dwarves... []

[ 03-11-2015, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: The DarkQueen Iauraearien ]

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Of the PJ franchise, there is no comparison. LotR was heaps better, with the EE Fellowship the best of the lot. That Hobbit rubbish made them look a bit better.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gollum Gollum
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11392

posted      Profile for Gollum Gollum   Email Gollum Gollum   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed.
From: Cave in the Misty Mountains | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It would depend on how I felt at the time. For instance, let’s say I had insomnia. I would then prefer the LotR movies. If had eaten something rotten and needed to throw up I would choose the Hobbit movies.
[]

Seriously, the FotR movie was bad but not horrible. Each of the 5 movies after got progressively worse to the point of being disgusting. I saw the first five movies in the theater but still haven’t seen the third Hobbit movie. I just couldn't take the time after everything I'd read about it. I’ll watch it when someone buys the Blue Ray version and invites me to watch it. Maybe I’ll then watch it on my 3D TV.
*shrug*

From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I do think that there is a bit more humour in the Hobbit than in Lotr. And maybe more character interaction dare I say it? And at least in movie 2 of the Hobbit no one told anyone to go home which made it a major advance in my eyes!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The EEs were all better than their theatrical counterparts IMO, Snöwdog.

Not seen the 3rd Hobbit, Aiwrendel? I'm surprised.

quote:
And at least in movie 2 of the Hobbit no one told anyone to go home which made it a major advance in my eyes!
[]

Another plus for TH IMO was the great job they did of actually making characters out of dwarves who really never do anything. So many of them are hardly mentioned once they leave Bag End.

With FotR coming out on top of the LotR-votes it appears we all liked the lighter ones, which surprises me a bit with how dark a lot of Tolkien is.

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Lord of the Rings » Lord of the Rings vs The Hobbit
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help