Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Lord of the Rings » "Secret" Fans of the Films
Author Topic: "Secret" Fans of the Films
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I am spending the weekend watching all the Extended Editions again as a birthday treat.

At the end of Two Towers I was idly watching the fan names at the end of the credits to see if WGW had included Citizens of Minas Tirith on this film as well as the first, as I couldn't remember. (He had; thank you again, sir!)

Now I do find those names quite difficult to read, but I was sure the name Cate Blanchette caught my eye. A little further on, there was Billy Boyd. We also spotted Christopher Lee, Ian McKellan, Dominic Monaghan and Elijah Wood.

How sweet that they are also fans of the films they appeared in! I have never noticed this before, nor have I heard anyone refer to it. Am I slow to catch up, or have I made a discovery?

Now, which sad soul is going to sit down and pick out any more?

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sad soul here! *raise hand*

I just checked Return of the King. A few surprised me by not being there (Aragorn, Legolas, Theoden, Grima, Gollum, Eowyn, Eomer, etc...) but I did see the following:
Sean Astin
Cate Blanchett
Billy Boyd
John Howe
Peter Jackson
Alan Lee
Christopher Lee
Ian McKellan
Citizens of Minas Tirith (*salutes our glorious leader*)
Dominic Monaghan
John Rhys-Davies
Brian Sibley
Elijah Wood

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I remember noticing the names of some cast members sprinkled throughout the credits years ago, back when I used to watch the EEs a quite unhealthy number of times. []

I always thought it was pretty neat that they did that. And of course it was awesome of our fair Steward to join the club on behalf of all of MT. I know he's not the biggest fan of the movies, but I like that he did that.

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Numenorean Sword Trainer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11359
posted      Profile for Numenorean Sword Trainer   Email Numenorean Sword Trainer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It doesn't surprise me at all that Prince Viggo is missing from that list; clearly he didn't know a thing about Aragorn, and didn't want to.
But it's for the best I assume, if he did know then he'd have a mental breakdown from the conflict.

From: The Island Previously Known as Numenor | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I don't remember ever knowing that the actors were in the list. Interesting catch!

Oh, here's the link to the 'main' thread about it, with a few more links therein. Almost 10 years ago. Man, time flies...

Minas Tirith in the Extended Edition DVD Credits !

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It really does, Master Steward. Ten years and I still get all bouncy when I see the Citizens on the credits. []
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Lord of the Rings » "Secret" Fans of the Films
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help