Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Lord of the Rings » Purist Fellowship up on Youtube!
Author Topic: Purist Fellowship up on Youtube!
Numenorean Sword Trainer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11359
posted      Profile for Numenorean Sword Trainer   Email Numenorean Sword Trainer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Finally, here's the best purist version of Fellowship you'll find IMHO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82-antoGJPU

From: The Island Previously Known as Numenor | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It didn't take them long to take it away ... []
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Removed due to copyright claim by WMG. Warner Music Group?

How dare you do the right thing and do FotR as it should have been done, Numenorean Sword Trainer!!

From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Numenorean Sword Trainer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11359
posted      Profile for Numenorean Sword Trainer   Email Numenorean Sword Trainer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I give up. Is there anywhere else I can post a video?

[ 11-22-2012, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: Numenorean Sword Trainer ]

From: The Island Previously Known as Numenor | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
All ISP's give free web space to post pictures, videos, and anything you want when you purchase their service. Will your video fit in the space you have?
From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Numenorean Sword Trainer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11359
Ok, it's up at Youtube, and it works! []

Login name: SimonPurist

Password: ecthelion

Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No3bDeaqfi8

Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

aaand... It's once again immediately blocked.
[]

Numenorean Sword Trainer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11359
Did you sign in with the name and password provided above, and then click the link?

It works.

[ 12-03-2012, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: Numenorean Sword Trainer ]

Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

Okay. I got it to work and watched a few minutes. It's over two hours long. []
I'm at work right now (and want to keep my job [] ) so I'll have to watch it later.

Oh. You didn't change how Isildur cut the Ring off of Sauron. (I'm just being greedy.) That would have been VERY difficult to edit!

Numenorean Sword Trainer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11359
quote:
It's over two hours long
The original is over three.

quote:
You didn't change how Isildur cut the Ring off of Sauron. (I'm just being greedy.) That would have been VERY difficult to edit!
I DID edit how the sword broke, i.e. Elendil was killed by Sauron, and Narsil broke beneath him; rather than Sauron stomping on it (they don't make 'em like they used to! [] ) .

In the book, Elendil and Gil-galad wrestled with Sauron, and both died in battle, but Gil-galad threw down Sauron with his spear Aeglos; Elendil was about the same size as Sauron, and Gil-galad was the last Elf-king. They were together a match for Suaron, and he only killed them from the immense heat of his body.
Then while Sauron lay helpless, Isildur cut the Ring from his finger.

In the movie, Elendil and Gil-galad were both average, and Sauron was a giant who practiced golfing with them along with dozens of other men and Elves.... until Isildir cut the ring off his finger by dumb luck; somehow the Ring made Sauron invincible, but not the finger on which he wore it.

There's no way I could correct that!

That's why I quit at Fellowship, since the next two films were too far gone: there's no way I could fix Eomer being banished along with a reputed 2000 horsemen... 1900 of whom we never saw.

[ 12-06-2012, 03:24 AM: Message edited by: Numenorean Sword Trainer ]

Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

Did you mean Gil-galad and Elendil wrestled with Sauron and were slain and Narsil broke beneath Elendil? []
Wasn’t Isildur, like Elrond, merely close at hand?

Neither the Sil nor FotR, Council of Elrond mention Gil-galad's spear Aiglos delivering the fatal blow to Sauron. Nor do they mention Gil-galad and Elendil deaths being due to the heat from Sauron's body. From what source is that information?

[ 12-05-2012, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: Aiwrendel ]

Numenorean Sword Trainer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11359
Yes I meant Elendil instead of Isildur; I fixed it.

I'm not sure about the details of the last battle, however this is from the Silmarillion:

"But at the last the siege was so strait that Sauron himself came forth; and he wrestled with Gil-galad and Elendil, and they both were slain, and the sword of Elendil broke under him as he fell."

In the Council of Elrond, Gandalf recounts from the letters of Isildur:

"The Ring misseth, maybe, the heat of Sauron’s hand, which was black and yet burned like fire, and so Gil-galad was destroyed".

Elrond likewise recounts the battle of Mount Doom:

"‘I was the herald of Gil-galad and marched with his host. I was at the Battle of Dagorlad before the Black Gate of Mordor, where we had the mastery: for the Spear of Gil-galad and the Sword of Elendil, Aiglos and Narsil, none could withstand. I beheld the last combat on the slopes of Orodruin, where Gil-galad died, and Elendil fell, and Narsil broke beneath him; but Sauron himself was overthrown, and Isildur cut the Ring from his hand with the hilt-shard of his father’s sword, and took it for his own.’"

Note the words Gil-galad died; but Elendil fell, which indicates dying in defeat. Likewise that Isildur describes that Gil-galad died by the heat of Sauron's hand, but not Elendil.

From the above I deduce that Elendil was fell in battle, but Gil-Galad killed Sauron with Aegolos, and died in the process from the heat of Sauron's hand gripping him by the neck as Sauron died.

This is my understanding of events.

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Lord of the Rings » Purist Fellowship up on Youtube!
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help