Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Lord of the Rings » Movies are good for reading!
Author Topic: Movies are good for reading!
Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 374

posted      Profile for Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I must say that now I'm quite happy with PJ's movies.

A while back I had my daughter read The Fellowship of the Ring for school. We're homeschooling the kids. The problem with having kids 'read' books after watching the movies is that sometimes the kids don't read. After my daughter told me about how Aragorn's girl friend took Frodo to Rivendale, I was able to catch her.

So koodoes to PJ for screwing up the movies. All those teachers really appreciate it.

From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Numenorean Sword Trainer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11359
posted      Profile for Numenorean Sword Trainer   Email Numenorean Sword Trainer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Rivendale? Isn't that where Archie lives?
From: The Island Previously Known as Numenor | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 374

posted      Profile for Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, that's Queens I think.
From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Numenorean Sword Trainer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11359
posted      Profile for Numenorean Sword Trainer   Email Numenorean Sword Trainer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
No, he goes to Rivendale High, here he is with Arwen and Eowyn:

-

Edited for typo []

[ 11-14-2012, 02:39 AM: Message edited by: Numenorean Sword Trainer ]

From: The Island Previously Known as Numenor | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No, he goes to Rivendale High, here he is with Arwen and Eowyn:  -
[] []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Flammifer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11407
posted      Profile for The Flammifer   Email The Flammifer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
HARK!

There are some interesting movies out there by some guy named Jackson.
These movies kinda remind me of some books I read by a guy named Tolkien.

Is it possible that Jackson got some of his ideas from Tolkien?

Just asking . . . [] [] []

From: East Bight | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Lord of the Rings » Movies are good for reading!
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help