Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Lord of the Rings » Does anyone remember?
Author Topic: Does anyone remember?
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I was watching a quiz show the other day when a question came up about JRRT's great-grandson, Royd Tolkien, appearing in RotK. According to the internet he was a ranger. I don't remember this being mentioned at the time.

Am I more forgetful than I thought, or was this not talked about much? Was it even possible to spot him? Indeed, does anyone even know what he looks like? []

Answers to any or all of these questions much appreciated.

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I remember it. But I don't know anything more than that. []

E : typo

[ 04-01-2012, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Miz Lobelia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1612

posted      Profile for Miz Lobelia   Email Miz Lobelia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
He is passing out the spears in the scene where the Orcs take Osgiliath in Return of the King. Wearing, I understand, Viggo's dark wig.
From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Miz! I'll have to remember that. I can't be having my Tolkienite status called into question by quiz shows again. []

E: I almost forgot! [] Thanks, Inc'!

[ 04-03-2012, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: The DarkQueen Iauraearien ]

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Sherriff
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5427
posted      Profile for The Sherriff   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm great at this game, and I pay attention to these details..yet, I would have gotten this wrong. Could that be because I no longer watch television? It's not something that would be in the newspapers.

But, I like trivia like this. Thanks.

From: The Shire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"Royd"??? Thanks, mom and dad.
From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Lord of the Rings » Does anyone remember?
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help