Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14 
Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Lord of the Rings » Movie-phile Ecstasy - Why the Films Surpassed all our Hopes (Page 14)
Author Topic: Movie-phile Ecstasy - Why the Films Surpassed all our Hopes
Sarah the Good Witch
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11219
posted      Profile for Sarah the Good Witch   Email Sarah the Good Witch   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Lord of the Rings trilogy one of the 100 films of all time to see before you die.

That can be taken more than one way... []
From: Vancouver | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Snowman of Forochel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Be good dear Sarah, remember that this is the moviephile thread, so it can only be taken one way.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
GEAUX SAINTS!!

From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My wife & I planned an extended edition DVD 'Trilogy' watching to reminisce our Trilogy Tuesday experience at the theatre in Decenber 2003.

Got to the merry mellow boat-ride down the Anduin before the wife went to sleep. I managed to finish Fellowship. The movies are pretty empty after the fact, but were fun while it was happening!

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Watched "Sagan om de bannlysta" yesterday, it is 45 minutes of footage from FotR with Swedish voices added - and it is a complete and utter silly parody. (Link here though you'd have to understand Swedish)

Anyhow, watching it reminded me about the visuals of the films. Excellent work. []

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Numenorean Sword Trainer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11359
posted      Profile for Numenorean Sword Trainer   Email Numenorean Sword Trainer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to invite Movie-philes to see my Purist-edit and ask if you think it lost anything by moving it closer to the book.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpheUbYbSeo&list=PLEF23B1F0C496AEB2

Note that it's in 9 parts and will move to the next at the end of each.

From: The Island Previously Known as Numenor | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
This must have been a labor of love, considering the amount of work necessary to accomplish this. I've seen only the first few installments, but it is mice not to see something contrary to the books. I feel as if I can relax and watch without waiting for the next difference to appear.

[ 07-24-2011, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: pi ]

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Numenorean Sword Trainer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11359
posted      Profile for Numenorean Sword Trainer   Email Numenorean Sword Trainer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
To give due credit, I should mention that this is my edit of Sharey's Purist Edit. I'm still working on their version of The Two Towers, it should be up soon.
From: The Island Previously Known as Numenor | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, thinking about something in the movies that might be better than in the books [] Takes some thinking I know. But what about the line by Wormtongue which was originally said by Gandalf in the houses of healing about Eowyn I do think that having Wormtongue say it does add a little bit of menance!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Numenorean Sword Trainer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11359
He doesn't drive her to martyrdom in the film, however.
Numenorean Sword Trainer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11359
For the Fellowship Purist edit:

Step 1. Sign into youtube as "CitizenOfMinasTirith"
password "JRRToklien"

Step 2. Click this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsuQUfkUaLg&list=PLB453B60C5FBBF422

That will play the Fellowship purist-edit so you can see it.

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I will say it was good that these early 21st Century movies were all made at the same time. They look pretty good in comparison to the Hobbit movie. It really shows that these early movies could have been a LOT worse.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Lord of the Rings » Movie-phile Ecstasy - Why the Films Surpassed all our Hopes (Page 14)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: UnStick Topic   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help