Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  12  13  14 
Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Lord of the Rings » Movie-phile Ecstasy - Why the Films Surpassed all our Hopes (Page 1)
Author Topic: Movie-phile Ecstasy - Why the Films Surpassed all our Hopes
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone posts anything negative about how the films relate to the books, the post will be deleted. This isn't about critical analysis. This is about talking about how great the films are. No purists allowed!
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Snaga
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2945

posted      Profile for Snaga   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The sound quality is fantastic - especially in surround and TTT!
From: Mordor - upper east side | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faramir Took
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3268

posted      Profile for Faramir Took   Email Faramir Took   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I love my sound system.

Really, you couldn't ask for a better score, or sound effects!

From: Joisey | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The ever young
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 3579
posted      Profile for The ever young   Email The ever young   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Aragorn is far sexier than i could ahve imagined
From: The Valinor | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

posted      Profile for Lostfiniel   Email Lostfiniel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think they did a great job with the music and sounds. and I loved most all the work Weta did.
From: Carlsbad, California | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
La-Brendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1145

posted      Profile for La-Brendel   Author's Homepage   Email La-Brendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It didn't copy the cartoon version []
The sets.....places?.....were absolutely amazing. And the music was awesome.
And all them sexy men []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
~We watch
~And we are always here

The tickle....The taste of
It used to be the reason I breathe but now it's choking me up.

From: California Dude! | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sherl
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3828

posted      Profile for Sherl   Email Sherl   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I loved the locations, costumes, castles and cities in the movie.The music was indeed very awesome, as was the actor's choice and the set production.
From: 221b Baker Street | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erendis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1248

posted      Profile for Erendis   Author's Homepage   Email Erendis   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Agree with everything above. []

Plus, I saw some gaps filled and additions I always thought the book needed, not to be good, but to be even greater.

i.e. Aragorn meeting Frodo before their final parting in FOTR
Boromir dying in FOTR
Arwen's character expanded

And then the cast choice is just too wonderfully exact for words. They couldn't have picked better actors and they performance is impeccable. Specially in hard-to-fulfill roles, such as Aragorn, Frodo or Galadriel.

And I could go on like this forever. []

[ 12-11-2003, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: Erendis ]

From: Buenos Aires | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arnkell
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3864

posted      Profile for Arnkell   Email Arnkell   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The sound of elvish being spoken, I never thought it would fit so well on film as it did.
It's still hard to fathom how Tolkien could invent something so beautiful and functional...
It's one of the most beautiful languages I've ever heard on film.
And those trilling "dh" sounds (as in Maedhros), just 'bullseye'.

[ 12-11-2003, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: Arnkell ]

From: Sueonia, Land of strife | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sâlienne de Lioncourt
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2570

posted      Profile for Sâlienne de Lioncourt   Author's Homepage   Email Sâlienne de Lioncourt   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I simply adored the filming, sets, actors that were chosen (all dead on, the score.... I could go on and on. [] The films are simply spectacular!

On top of that, there was one thing that I liked in the movie better than in the book (enhanced the story for me): More Arwen. []

[ 12-11-2003, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: Sâlienne de Lioncourt ]

From: the Black Pearl | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Tenth Nazgul
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2930

posted      Profile for The Tenth Nazgul   Email The Tenth Nazgul   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Two things:
1. GOLLUM!
Even people who dislike the films cannot deny that the way he was portrayed surpassed all of our wildest dreams.

2. The Nazgûl
Being my favorites, I thought they were depicted very well. Thirty years from now, when I uncover the movies from my attic, the first thing I will remember about them is the Ringwraiths.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Nine he gave to Mortal Men, proud and great, and so ensnared them. Long ago they fell under the dominion of the One, and they became Ringwraiths, shadows under his great Shadow, his most terrible servants. And one innocent bystander bought an exact replica of one of the rings on E-BAY, and he became the Tenth Nazgul. He then took over the Dark Diocese to honor his nine "colleagues."

From: My Beloved Dark Diocese | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Arwen. Arwen. Arwen. It took me a long time to get over my initital dislike, but I'm so glad I did. I'm now seeing things that I missed through my stubborn disdain.

[ 12-11-2003, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: Neytari Took-Baggins ]

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ararana
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 3938

posted      Profile for Ararana   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think they did an awsome job casting. I cant picture anybody but Sean Bean as boromir, and viggo is a better Aragorn then I could have imagined.
Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maia Olorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2354
posted      Profile for Maia Olorin   Email Maia Olorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well,

One point before I go on: 'Purist' and 'Movie-Lover' are not mutually exclusive categories. I am both.

The movies have enriched my perceptions of Middle-Earth. Many of the scenes in the films seem to be straight out of my own imagination. I know I am not alone in that. What have been nebulous scenarios in my mind have, in many instances, been made crystal clear by PJ et al.

I think the cast, for the most part, is excellent. The first time I saw Gandalf riding into the Shire, where he turns to Frodo and says 'A Wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins...' I had tears in my eyes, for Ian absolutely nailed the Gandalf of my imagination. Of course, given my namesake, Gandalf is my favourite character in the book. I wish I'd had the archetypical wise old man in my life. I never did. When Gandalf faces the Balrog...Ian imbued Gandalf with such power and a kind of tired, quiet desperation that just blew me away. The opening of TTT, in which we see him fall with the Balrog, still takes my breath away after at least 30 viewings (hopefully, I am going to see TTT EE tomorrow).

Sean Bean played Boromir beautifully. I never really liked Boromir in the book. Sean, showing the frailties inherent in Men, gave Boromir a depth that I could never quite 'get' in the book.

Cate Blanchette: Every time I hear the opening of FotR, the hair stands up on the back of my neck. I don't mind the 'Radio-active Witch' scene. It worked for me.

Christopher Lee as Saruman: perfect.

Ian Holm as Bilbo: perfect.

Brad Dourif as Wormtongue: perfect.

Andy Serkis as Gollum: perfect.

Then there is Howard Shore's soundtrack: I've played these CDs more than any other over the last two years. Shore's soundtrack is a masterpiece, and raises the movies to sublime levels. Everytime I hear 'Foundations of Stone,' I get chills, and visualize Gandalf battling the Balrog into the water. The more I listen to the 'RotK' soundtrack, the more I am coming to love it.

I also have very personal reasons for loving the films: the first movie came out during a very difficult period of my life. It roused me out of my own Darkness. I know some of the older fans of the movies will understand it when I say that they made me feel young again (I'll stop before I get sickeningly maudlin).

One has only to look at the trailers that have preceded the movies in the theatres to know that we have witnessed something special in movie-making, and which is not likely to be repeated any time soon. These movies, imo, are the 'Wizard of Oz,' '10 Commandments,' and 'Ben-Hur' of this generation, all combined into one magical vision realized on an epic scale.

So, in the end, I am going to enjoy them for what they are; and when I read the books again, I'll hear Ian as Gandalf. I don't mind.

[]

[ 12-11-2003, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: Maia Olorin ]

Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gollum the great
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1642

posted      Profile for Gollum the great   Email Gollum the great   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well where do I begin?
I, unlike many many others am glad of almost all of the changes made to the films. Not because I believe the books needed improvement, but because I'm a firm believer that any book to movie adaptation should never stick exactly to the book. What PJ did with his rewrites has immortalised him in cinema history and given the classic story his own unique turn. That said, there were decisions of his that I question greatly, but I won't get into those here.
I think the most important thing to remember when watching these movies is that you have to realise that the book and the film are different things. Neither is better than the other because both are works of art in different mediums. As a book, Lord of the Rings is fantastic, as a film it is similarly fantastic. In competition, they don't make sense. You can't compare these two things because they aren't, nor are they supposed to be the same. IMHO they are the top of each of their fields and should receive recognition and praise as such.
With that out of the way, do I hear a certain elvish name being chanted continuously in my head? Whats that? Arwen you say? Oh my, she was sublime. Visually and artistically, Arwen was portrayed better than anyone could imagine. I remember before I'd read the books or seen the movie I saw a big cardboard standup for FotR at the movie theatres. I t had most of the main characters on it, and naturally a picture of Arwen. But this picture was of her in her wedding dress. At the time I had no idea what dress it was, I wasn't even sure what role she played in the film. All I knew was that I was looking at quite possibley the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen in my life.
Here's an image of the standup I saw:
 -
 -
Given this first impression of Arwen, it would have been hard for me to think anything but good things about her. I of course read the book before I saw the film, slightly confused that Arwen was hardly in it and figured that she must appear at the beginning of the Two Towers (I'd heard the film ended where the second book began). I saw the movie, didn't really care that she replaced Glorfindel as I never really liked him anyway, but was swept away with not only Liv Tyler's performance, but with the amazing artistic direction they took with her in the film. her first appearance, is in my opinion the greatest introduction to any character in the history of cinema. That glowing, almost indiscernable form atop the white horse dismounting and walking towards the camera, revealing her features as she drew closer. I was swept away. From what little I'd gathered of Arwen's character from reading FotR, the casting of Liv Tyler along with the amazing directing abilities of Peter Jackson struck a cord. She was perfect in everyway. Then she started talking. Upon my first viewing of FotR, Arwen's voice was the only qualm I had. It seemed too slow, too breathy, like someone who had just given up smoking and was sucking in as much air as she possibley could in the hope of tasting some nicotine. But upon my second viewing I changed my mind, instead hearing the sorrow and wisdom behind it. Liv Tyler truly did wonders with it.
After seeing FotR, there was only one other thing that sturck me more than Arwen and that was Gollum. His brief little teasing glimpses quickly skyrocketed him up to my favourite character ever position. To this day it stands, but Arwen has always been nipping on his heels.
There is only one thing about Arwen that I disprove of. Her role in the second film and from what I've gathered the third as well is little more than filler. After introducing such a strong character in the first movie, it's almost as though they decided they didn't need her as much as soon as Eowyn came on the scene so they shoved her back to making cameo appearances infrequently in Rivendell. Now I'm not trying to say she should have a larger role than Eowyn. Eowyn is the leading female character of LotR and always will be. But if you're going to have such a strong, prominant, beautiful and appealing character, then you should at least give her a reason for being in the story other than occasional love interest.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
...What we came to realise was that you don't have to put a sword in her hands to make her strong. And where we've come to now is all these true elements of who Arwen is. I mean this is an incredibley powerful and fearless woman filled with so much hope and belief and that is strong enough. ~ Liv Tyler (Arwen)
A proud member of H.A.A.H.A.A.

From: canberra , australia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Imby
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2990

posted      Profile for Imby   Email Imby   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I can't help but chuckle at how many more people would rather rip on the movies than praise them.

[] (*chuckle*)

I'm a movie fan, and though I shook my head at a few things they did, the good far outweighs the bad. To me the high points were the casting and the score.
The score was, in my opinion, perfect, and I don't use that term lightly. I know that there were millions of ways Shore could have composed this score, but I honestly can't imagine him coming up with something that matched the various lands/characters/events as well as this one did. I have never had a soundtrack in my head while reading a book until this. (And for me, that is a compliment, not a slam.) I have never been as impressed with a soundtrack as I was with this one. Period.
As far as casting goes, overall it was very, very well done. There were some actors/tresses I liked better than others for their parts, but in my opinion, the best match of actor-to-character was Brad Douriff as Wormtongue.

Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arnkell
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3864

posted      Profile for Arnkell   Email Arnkell   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
TTT #8: Evenstar (Isabel Bayradkarian)

How's that for melancholy?!
Also, how nifty of them to actually pick an Icelandic singer for the end-score and NOT pick Björk. It put a smile on my face, it did.

From: Sueonia, Land of strife | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady É
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3448

posted      Profile for Lady É   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, this is nice. After making some mischief in the "Rage" thread by advocating the devil a bit (and, I think, unintentionally angering WGW by debating his point), I am where I belong.

Snaps to Imby! The score rocks. (When I heard clips of the ROTK score on the internet before the soundtrack was released, I was surprised at the very visceral reaction I had to the music.) So do the movies. I'm ridiculously excited about them, which is why I'm visiting here even when I have finals to study for.

When I go on break, my friends and I are going to have an all-day extended edition screening before we see ROTK, and I can't think of a better way to spend the first few days of my Christmas holiday.

[]

[ 12-12-2003, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: Lady É ]

From: Rohan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellanor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1515
posted      Profile for Ellanor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I could probably wax poetic about every aspect of these films . . maybe I will after I see Return of the King. But, for now, I would like to point you all towards the critical reviews concerning Return of the King, and to a large extent the movie trilogy, Lord of the Rings.

Weekend Australian: Claire Harvey Reviews ROTK
The good news is that this film, the third instalment in the trilogy, is staggeringly impressive. It does everything bigger, and most things better, than the first two movies.

Entertainment Weekly: All hail The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King! I can't think of another film trilogy that ends in such glory, or another monumental work of sustained storytelling that surges ahead with so much inventiveness and ardor. The conclusion of Peter Jackson's masterwork is passionate and literate, detailed and expansive, and it's conceived with a risk-taking flair for old-fashioned movie magic at its most precious, a rarity now that CGI prowess has fallen into the hands of run-of-the-mill studio ring-chasers. -Reviewed by Lisa Schwarzbaum

New Zealand Herald: The Return of the King: Jackson's crowning glory
If it takes its time to roll the end credits, for much of the film it is beyond exhilarating and certainly the best of the three, effectively elevating the series into the greatest trilogy in cinema history.

Time: Seven Holiday Treats
The second half of the film elevates all the story elements to Beethovenian crescendo. Here is an epic with literature's depth and opera's splendor — and one that could be achieved only in movies. What could be more terrific?

HOBBIT FORMING: FINAL RINGS EPIC REVIEWED
it is impossible not to be entranced by the bravura action sequences and the sheer spectacle of creations such as Minas Tirith, the seven-tiered city of kings, and the monstrous armies of the Orcs. Jackson has made wonderful use of computer-generated images and the storming of Minas Tirith and the climactic battle of Pelennor Fields are quite simply the most spectacular and breathtaking fights ever filmed.

A mighty end to Jackson's trilogy
There are moments harking back to iconic movies Saving Private Ryan and The Empire Strikes Back that show the scruffy New Zealand director is, without argument, a master of his craft.

Guardian: Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow
Despite its flaws, The Return of the King is a rich and rousing finale to one of the great sagas of our age. Because in the end I do think there is a greatness to this trilogy. It has captivated us in a way that most other movies can only dream of, conjured up a world and made it real. But now it is over, finished, kaput. Now, at long last, we can move on.

Teletext: ROTK Review
But all hyperbole aside, these three films are — quite obviously — the best fantasy movies ever made, and deserve a place in a cinematic top 50 of any kind.

Killer Movies: ROTK Review
this film is soul-stirring perfection. At 210 minutes, there is not a wasted frame of film. From the smallest moment of quiet conversation to epic battle sequences full of sweeping vistas black with ravaging hordes of Orcs and worse, we are swept into this mythical world with an emotional immediacy that is as compelling as it is enthralling. A broken heart resonates with the same thunderclap of dragon’s wings. In this, the darkest of the films, the characters grow as each fulfills his or her destiny so that they, as well as the story itself, achieve a kind of closure. Bittersweet, though it may be.

LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RETURN OF THE KING is fabulous in every sense. With its companion films in the trilogy, it’s in a category of its own that is so far above the usual cinematic entertainment in scope and execution, that any attempt at comparisons is an exercise in futility.

Rotten Tomatoes: Return of the King
16 Reviews with 100% Fresh Rating

'Return of the King' an epic cinematic triumph
Those things alone would make the final installment of "The Lord of the Rings" saga worth seeing. But what makes "The Return of the King" truly great -- a towering achievement to be cherished by movie lovers of all ages -- is its heart.

Love -- for its characters and the world of Middle-Earth it so meticulously recreates -- seeps through every frame of the film. By the time the movie ends, you're so wrapped up in this glorious world that you barely notice nearly 31/2-hours has passed.

[ 12-13-2003, 07:36 AM: Message edited by: Ellanor ]

From: The Shire | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maia Olorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2354
posted      Profile for Maia Olorin   Email Maia Olorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Almost all of the media reviews out there are mostly positive. Many of the criticisms are based on the challenge to short attention spans that some people have these days.

'Evanstar' is probably one of my favourite tracks from any of the three CDs. It is absolutely, achingly, beautiful.

I, too, like what they did with Arwen. The scene in TTT where Arwen is mourning at Elessar's funeral, and then, the flash forward to her mourning amongst the ruins, was very poignant. It is one of my favourite scenes in TTT.

I really don't think that, in the general population, these movies will end up in 'the abyss prepared for it.' These movies certainly blow out of the water other sci-fi/fantasy films, and I think they will take their place in our culture as some of our best-loved films. We'll be watching them with our grandchildren, and we'll be able to experience the wonder and excitement again through their eyes, well into our dotage.

I also know that the movies have brought many people to the books who may not have ever read them.That is important for a couple of reasons: I don't think kids read enough these days, and it also helps to keep the actual works of Tolkien alive within our culture. Anyways, I don't want to get too far into analysis, but it is difficult to separate the movies from the cultural phenomena around them.

[]

[ 12-13-2003, 07:50 AM: Message edited by: Maia Olorin ]

Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Master of Doom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3204
posted      Profile for Master of Doom   Email Master of Doom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
When I first saw FotR and TTT, I hadn't read a page of anything that Tolkien had written. But after seeing these two films, I spent hours asking my sister (who's read the trilogy several times, the hobbit siveral times, Silmarillion several times, parts of HoME, Unfinished Talse...) questions about whats and whys and whos and whatnots.

The first thing that really sparked my interest were the Pillars of the Argonath. I think you all agree that that was a spectacular sequence. Anyway, after seeing that, I had some strong desire (for no reason) to learn about the historical origin of these pillars. That led me to the Encyclopedia of Arda. I found them out, found that they were built by Romendacil II of Gondor in (I think, this is from memory) the 1400s of the Third Age in the likeness of Isildur and Anarion. Then I decided to find out who Isildur and Anarion were. And from then on, I've been learning the history of Arda.

One time on Encyclopedia of Arda (which I spent hours reading), I decided to click on the Links page. I stumbled on a little place called "Minas Tirith." Gondor, Gondor, Between the mountains and the Sea. After reading these forums enough, I decided I HAD to read the Silmarillion. So I read The Silmarillion, which I fell in love with. It is probably my favorite book (considering how poorly read I am, I doubt that's saying much). And now, I'm starting to dig into Unfinished Tales and parts of HoME. The films have brought me here, and I'm very thankful for it.

From: Philadelphia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Dread Pirate Roberts
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2117
posted      Profile for The Dread Pirate Roberts   Email The Dread Pirate Roberts   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That is one very good thing about the movies. They've brought some people to the books.

Also, I concur on the score. I listen to the sondtracks while I read the books. Great stuff.

From: Blacksburg, VA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrispyCream
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1701

posted      Profile for ChrispyCream   Email ChrispyCream   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Gollum the great: I of course read the book before I saw the film
Ah hem.... []

[ 12-14-2003, 02:23 AM: Message edited by: Saruman the Chris ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Buffy the Vampire Slayer:
7 Seasons, 144 Episodes, 6018 minutes, 361018 Seconds.
BEST. SHOW. EVER.
Mist and shadow, cloud and shade,
All shall fade, all shall fade.

From: Australia, land of milk and honey... and some cement. | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gollum the great
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1642

posted      Profile for Gollum the great   Email Gollum the great   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I did read the book before I saw the film Chris, you're thinking of Harry Potter.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
...What we came to realise was that you don't have to put a sword in her hands to make her strong. And where we've come to now is all these true elements of who Arwen is. I mean this is an incredibley powerful and fearless woman filled with so much hope and belief and that is strong enough. ~ Liv Tyler (Arwen)
A proud member of H.A.A.H.A.A.

From: canberra , australia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrispyCream
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1701

posted      Profile for ChrispyCream   Email ChrispyCream   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
No no you didn`t finish the book, I remeber cause you didn`t get past lothlorien cause you had NO idea what was going on, and you told me you thought for a split second that you thought aragorn died when Lurtz throws the sheild at his throat.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Buffy the Vampire Slayer:
7 Seasons, 144 Episodes, 6018 minutes, 361018 Seconds.
BEST. SHOW. EVER.
Mist and shadow, cloud and shade,
All shall fade, all shall fade.

From: Australia, land of milk and honey... and some cement. | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Lord of the Rings » Movie-phile Ecstasy - Why the Films Surpassed all our Hopes (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  12  13  14 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: UnStick Topic   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help