Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Lord of the Rings » the apple thread (Page 2)
Author Topic: the apple thread
Eirlys
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2048

posted      Profile for Eirlys   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Amen to that !!
From: East of the Sunrise | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eirlys
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2048

do apples have jobs ?
me and my stupid questions are back in the building!!
mwahahahaha
well do apples have jobs or is their a apple primeminister. is there a royal society for the prevention of cruelty to innocent apples

From: East of the Sunrise | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Earendil, I have a friend that can get you a prescription for ritalin if you're interested.
From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eirlys
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2048

ritalin ummm well that sounds like

***** another kind of apple******
yep im intrested alright

* no thanks i know i am just on a bitof a high right now. it was that party wow that was some party.ozzy ozzy ozzy ozzy!!

Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is that the Jubilee, Eärendil?

Mad Uncle Rupert, when I said that elves tend to be rather emotionless I was thinking about the way they appear; their facial expressions and the like. I never once saw an elf smile in that film, and I can't remember if they did so the books either.

[]

Anyway, some Apple quotes:

• In science, 'fact' can only mean 'confirmed to such a degree that it would be perverse to withhold provisional assent.' I suppose that apples might start to rise tomorrow, but the possibility does not merit equal time in physics classrooms.
    (Stephen Jay Gould)
  • If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe.
    (Carl Sagan)
  • P.A. announcement: Due to a mix up in urology, there will be no apple juice served today. (Young Doctors in Love, 1982)
[]

[ 06-05-2002, 07:25 AM: Message edited by: Braeden Fireheart ]

From: Mnemosyne's orchard | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eirlys
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2048

yep its the jubilee
i was almost flying around the room when i realized queen was there. woweeeeee
it was my deepest wish to see queen preform live. its a shame that they were not all there and a shame that i wasnt actully at the palace but wow.
thats my kind of party. eric clapton up full volume and all. i wish i was alive in their time. i wander what a safety pin through your nose is like. does anybody here know?

back to apples . i have eaten 5 today and i feel as tho i have done by duty to the scottish apple market. long live apple trees.

hey do you think they had parties as big as the jubilee in ME and do you think they ate apples then. i wander if apples like parties very much?
eär

Eldorian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2113

posted      Profile for Eldorian   Author's Homepage   Email Eldorian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I still like apples to eat especially red empire apples.
From: Wizard land though I'm most often found in the V.O.E | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eirlys
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2048

i used to think that all red apples were poisened.
you see what evil effect that snow white story had on me. its enough to put you off apples for life. who do you think ate the most apples in tlotr

Eldorian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2113

posted      Profile for Eldorian   Author's Homepage   Email Eldorian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I find red apples taste nice.
From: Wizard land though I'm most often found in the V.O.E | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
In honour of Myrtle's apple, I drag this old thread out of the attic.
Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Apples!
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Numenorean Sword Trainer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11359
posted      Profile for Numenorean Sword Trainer   Email Numenorean Sword Trainer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Green apples are better for pies, [] red ones turn to mush. []
From: The Island Previously Known as Numenor | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed the Bramley (the cooking variety) is green, sometimes with a slight flush. However, a few red varieties do cook successfully.

Not that this is at all relevant as the original apple of this thread was an eating apple, and so could have been of either colour, or indeed russet for that matter.

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thread Closed!

(wait for it...)

How do ya like them apples?

(just kidding about the thread closed)

(apologies to any who live in a land without this idiom)

(glad this thread wasn't about scrapple)

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm off to start The Scrapple Thread!*
Who's with me?!
[] []
[]
[]
*crickets*

*I have absolutely no idea what Scrapple is

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Something gross they eat in America, I think. *occasionally sees Yank cooking programs* []
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Not all of us eat it. []

My brother-in-law loves the stuff, though. []

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

What exactly IS it, Myrtle?

E: PM? []

[ 02-06-2013, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: The DarkQueen Iauraearien ]

Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
TH
"And raspberry jam and apple-tart," said Bifur.

FotR
The trees were laden with apples, honey was dripping in the combs...
Apple, thorn, and nut and sloe,
Let them go! Let them go!
'Well, sir, if I could grow apples like that, I would call myself a gardener.'
...and his face was red as a ripe apple, but creased into a hundred wrinkles of laughter.
...it was burning with a sweet smell, as if it were built of apple-wood.
Rushlight, Goatleaf, Heathertoes, Appledore, Thistlewool and Ferny (not to mention Butterbur).
Sam was chewing an apple thoughtfully.
'Apples for walking, and a pipe for sitting,'
...an apple left his hand and hit Bill square on the nose.
'Waste of a good apple.'
'They're as different as peas and apples.'
The trees were laden with apples, honey was dripping in the combs...

TTT
'You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye...'
'...they saw the sloe in the thicket, and the wild apple and the cherry blossoming in spring...'
'...their hair parched by the sun to the hue of ripe corn and their cheeks like red apples.'
When honey spills, and apple swells, though wind be in the West,
I'll linger here beneath the Sun, because my land is best!

RotK
...a great steed of Rohan, and the apple of the king's eye.
They got there bread, and butter, and cheese and apples...
'Do you think you killed him with that apple, Sam?'
''There was poor Mat Heathertoes, and Rowlie Appledore, and little Tom Pickthorn from over the Hill.'

LotR Appendicies
none

Somebody stop me... []

Myrtle? What's Myrtle, precious?

From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

[] Aiwrendel. Bored?

Éomer = Myrtle. []

[ 02-07-2013, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: The DarkQueen Iauraearien ]

Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Not anymore. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo

From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

[] Well, it was very educational as well as relieving boredom. I didn't realise apples were mentioned so many times!
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Lord of the Rings » the apple thread (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help