Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Lord of the Rings » the apple thread (Page 1)
Author Topic: the apple thread
Eirlys
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2048

posted      Profile for Eirlys   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
i happen to have just noticed a certain ob fan thread and i would like to put forward the same idea but for apples.
so come on everybody
i u love apples and u kno it clap your hands
**clap clap**
come on people wheres your spirit
eär

[ 05-30-2002, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: EÄRENDIL ]

From: East of the Sunrise | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Galadriel Daughter of Ear
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1690

posted      Profile for Galadriel Daughter of Ear   Email Galadriel Daughter of Ear   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
ummmmm......ok. []
Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eldorian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2113

posted      Profile for Eldorian   Author's Homepage   Email Eldorian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Apples are nice to eat.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Defeat is NOT an option!
We are ruled by wot we believe whether it's true or not.
Intergalatic War

From: Wizard land though I'm most often found in the V.O.E | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eirlys
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2048

gosh you guys that is pretty half hearted.
cant you try to sound a little more entusiastic
please

From: East of the Sunrise | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Bethberry
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1217

posted      Profile for Bethberry   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Apples caused the fall to the Dark Side. []
From: the Bonfire Glade in the Old Forest | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eirlys
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2048

exactly
i bet frodo ate plenty of apples
and aragorn and all

todays lesson
eat apples children and help to overcome the darkside

Shards of Narsil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2056

posted      Profile for Shards of Narsil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
but don't waste a good apple on Bill Ferny!
Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Weirdo in the Woods
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1984

posted      Profile for Weirdo in the Woods   Email Weirdo in the Woods   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
From: UK | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eirlys
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2048

that is right no apples for bill ferny.
i wonder if apples can go evil. i wonder what a pocessed apple looks like?

Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

posted      Profile for bombadil   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure about "pocessed" apples, but I've seen "processed" apples on Mr. Rogers. Mr. McFeeley brought a video and Mr. Rogers put in on Picture Picture. It showed how apples are turned into apple juice. My son loved it.

Of course, he was 5 then and is 7 now and he doesn't even remember it anymore. I, on the other hand, remember it well. []

But I don't watch Teletubbies!

From: Meridian ID | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eirlys
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2048

no imean posessed sorry icant spell
i mean apples taken over by evil thoughts sorry for mis print

Calenreiel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2171

posted      Profile for Calenreiel   Author's Homepage   Email Calenreiel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*waves banners* GO APPLES!!!
From: La-la land.. they know me there. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lord Mithrandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 978

posted      Profile for Lord Mithrandir   Email Lord Mithrandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
APPLES!!! YAY!!!
From: Olympia, WA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
In terms of taste, the Apple is better than OB. []

Who would I rather stare at? The Apple. Frankly, I'd get too embarrassed if I stared at OB at all. []

Who's the better actor? Um... No comment. []

Who has more websites dedicated to them? OB.

Who should have more websites dedicated to them? The Apple.

Who would I rather see Merry eating? The Apple. But then I can see a few guys saying a dead OB.

Should I stop asking questions now?

*backs away and departs the thread nonchalantly*

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

posted      Profile for bombadil   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I knew what you meant, Eärandil. I was just waxing facetious.

And, FYI, "posess" is still not quite right. It's "possess." []

From: Meridian ID | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eirlys
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2048

hey at least i am trying to make an effort here!
did anybody watch deep impact last night then?

Roll of Honor Mad Uncle Rupert
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1148

posted      Profile for Mad Uncle Rupert   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Braeden Fireheart: I did a search on Apples and Orlando Bloom.

I found 74,000+ based on Bloom.

I found 194,000+ based on Apples (I had to filter out computers.)

A few side facts:

Apple trees bloom. I do not believe Orlando does, so his name is somewhat misleading.

There is a very fine line of computers named Apple. None named Orlando Bloom.

America has a Folk Hero named Johnny Appleseed. None named Johnney Bloomseed or Orlandoseed.

Apples were featured in The Wizard of Oz . Orlando was not.

An Apple played a pivotal role on the Bible. Again no Orlando (possible Satanic connection?)

Apple Trees and Orlando Bloom have something in common, however. They are both very wooden and emotionless.

From: Playing softball with the Nazarenes | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for correcting me, MUR. []

And I agree with all of those facts, except for, maybe, the last one. I've only seen OB in one film. And there he was playing an elf - and they tend to be rather emotionless.

[]

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mad Uncle Rupert
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1148

posted      Profile for Mad Uncle Rupert   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is that a fair characterization? Feanor was far from emotionless. Legolas was of general good humour in the book. All of the Elves in Rivendell weresinging and laughing all the time. Hardly emotionless!

I just think if you put pointy ears on an actor, they think they're Spock.

From: Playing softball with the Nazarenes | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Dolenbalion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2019

posted      Profile for Sir Dolenbalion   Email Sir Dolenbalion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I Love Apples! Apples, apple juice, apple pie, apple cider, apple tarte, apple.....
YUMMY! []

From: The Great Lime Green, Bright Blue, and Purplewood of Dolebyland! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

posted      Profile for Orofacion of the Vanyar   Email Orofacion of the Vanyar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*Walks around lost* []

Is this not Pony Material?

[ 06-02-2002, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: Orofacion of the Vanyar ]

From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eirlys
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2048

i would just like to add the importance of the apple in the film itself. i put forward that it would not have been the same effect if a orange or a pineapple had be thrown on would it. no .
do you think it might have been a native new zealander apple that was used or maybe somthin like a granny smith for instance?

Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If a fruit other than an apple had been thrown, it would not have been true to the book. Sam threw the apple at Bill Ferny, even though he then regretted the waste, so no other fruit could have been used. The apple acted well, and deserved credit.
Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eirlys
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2048

yep thats right. i wander if the population of apples is a large one . do you think that apples might one day into distinction(sorry i cant spell i mean that they might one dayvanish from this world) is there an apple heaven. just think they could get eaten every single day and then be grown again ready for the next.
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
i wander if the population of apples is a large one
The race of apples was once large and diverse. A detailed account of the Sundering of the Apples (into Granny Smiths, Golden Delicious, etc) is given in The History of Middle-Earth: The Book of Lost Apples, Part I.

quote:
do you think that apples might one day...vanish from this world
It is the fate of the apples to fade from this world; their population is ever diminishing, as they depart and make way for other fruits and vegetables. I believe that the Special Edition of The Fellowship of the Ring is to include an additional scene in which Frodo and Sam (still in the Shire) witness a mass migration of apples ("They are sailing, sailing, sailing over the Sea, they are going into the West and leaving us," said Sam, shaking his head sadly and solemnly.)

quote:
is there an apple heaven
When an apple passes away, his soul is taken to wait in the Fruit-Basket of Mandos.
From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Lord of the Rings » the apple thread (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help