Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 
Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Lord of the Rings » If you could play any character male or female in LOTR film what would it be? (Page 1)
Author Topic: If you could play any character male or female in LOTR film what would it be?
Jessicat
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 976
posted      Profile for Jessicat   Email Jessicat   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Personally I'd love to play Arwen or Eowyn..

But

If I were male I'd play either Legolas or Gollum/Smeagol...

What about you?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Are we riding far tonight, Gandalf? I don't know how you feel with small rag-tag dangling behind you; but the rag-tag is tired and will be glad to stop dangling and lie down." - Merry

From: UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor TheGentleman
Captain of the Newbie Guard
Citizen # 718

posted      Profile for TheGentleman   Email TheGentleman   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'd love to play Aragorn...and that's nothing to do with getting Liv Tyler, I promise!

*bats eyelids*

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
You have to be 100% behind someone before you can stab them in the back.

From: London, England | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

posted      Profile for The Laurenendôrian   Email The Laurenendôrian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Evil characters are always so much more fun to play; they tend to be more multi-dimensional.

Thus, I would like to play Saruman, Gríma or Smeagol. A good second best would be Frodo or Pippin.

From: Taruithorn | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I would want to be Legolas
From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I would want to play Aragorn. If they forced me to be a girl, Eowyn. At least I could dress up as a guy....*sigh*
For the record, I am straight as a board, I just dont like skirts much.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
A proud member of HAAHAA. Lets be positive.
"NTB, you're cute but annoying." -Wiki
"Who's the bull goose loony here?"

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Eowyn of Edoras
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 714

posted      Profile for Eowyn of Edoras   Author's Homepage   Email Eowyn of Edoras   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'd love to play eowyn! Aragorn would be a nice role, too.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"To love another person is to see the face of God."~Les Miserables

From: Pa, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Eowyn of Ithilien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 207

posted      Profile for Lady Eowyn of Ithilien   Email Lady Eowyn of Ithilien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Eowyn all the way! If I were to be a guy, I'd want to play Pippin.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Dixit, et os impressa toro 'moriemur inultae, sed moriamur' ait.

From: VA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bungo
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 278

posted      Profile for Bungo   Email Bungo   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The hero of the story...

Sam.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I do believe in faëries. I do. I do.

From: Kowloon, Hong Kong | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinelwen
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 261

posted      Profile for Tinelwen   Email Tinelwen   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's debatable, Bungo.

As much as I hate to be unoriginal, I would love to play Eowyn, but Galadrial would come in a close second.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe.
-Goethe

From: neither here nor there | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Midus unknown
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 358
posted      Profile for Midus unknown   Email Midus unknown   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Legolas, i mean i already have long enough hair and i am a great archer, so why shouldn't i be picked.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I am Midus Dark Unknown Leader of the northern forces, bearer of the sword kentoshi, son of golaras, warrior in the war of the ring, and king of lorien.

From: once i lived in the land of mirkwood but now i travel the world | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tifa_Avalanche
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 432
posted      Profile for Tifa_Avalanche   Email Tifa_Avalanche   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to change the story and play Frodos girlfriend, and we'll live happy ever after!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Tifa Lockheart - Avalanche

From: Sweden | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duzak
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 389

posted      Profile for Duzak   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Midus Unknown, they don't pick actors on the basis of accuracy with a bow. A modicum of acting ability is, unfortunately for you, also a prerequisite.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Power is not a means, it is an end. One does not establish the dictatorship in order to safeguard the revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship.

From: Nowhere | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ender
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 796

posted      Profile for Ender   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Gandalf, of course

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep on Smiling

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nolo
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 634
posted      Profile for Nolo   Email Nolo   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
i've allways wanted to be an actual elf.

maybe not legolas, maybe one from lorien

but, if this was the sirmarillion, i'll choose fëanor

From: orizaba ver mexico | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eorl the Young
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 843
posted      Profile for Eorl the Young   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Mr. Bilbo Baggins for me! Oh, what fun it would be to play him in his senile age!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Disclaimer: If this was a touchy subject, then I'm so sorry and hope you won't take anything I have said or done or in any way referred to personally; nor do I hope you get mad and have the urge to give me a good thrashing. Thank you for your patience.

From: Denmark, home of the highest mountains in Europe | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Midus unknown
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 358
posted      Profile for Midus unknown   Email Midus unknown   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
duzak your an idiot, i meant those as pluses and i'm a great actor, i mean how else would i get people to beleive half the stuff i sell them is worth the price I charge them.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I am Midus Dark Unknown Leader of the northern forces, bearer of the sword kentoshi, son of golaras, warrior in the war of the ring, and king of lorien.

From: once i lived in the land of mirkwood but now i travel the world | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roland
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 218

posted      Profile for Roland   Author's Homepage   Email Roland   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
woah...Dejavu....

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"God is the Lord, of angels, and of men - and of elves."
~Tolkien

From: The greatest nation on God's green Earth | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lil
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 767
posted      Profile for Lil   Email Lil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Mostly I feel like a Hobbit so I'd like to play one. But as I am a female and would like to play a female I might fight with Tifa_Avalanche about a new role of Frodo's girlfriend or take the role of Rosie. Wow, how many children would I have to expect? Too many, I guess...
From: Hildesheim, Germany | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessicat
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 976
posted      Profile for Jessicat   Email Jessicat   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You would have to fight me off as well!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Are we riding far tonight, Gandalf? I don't know how you feel with small rag-tag dangling behind you; but the rag-tag is tired and will be glad to stop dangling and lie down." - Merry

From: UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narwen
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 983

posted      Profile for Narwen   Email Narwen   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmm... the role I'd like or the one I'd be believable in ? I'd like to be Galadriel, but I look more like Rosie Cotton !

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Nârwen of the House of Fëanor

Ind ped an ind
"Say this to Manwe Sulimo,High King of Arda:if Fëanor cannot overthrow Morgoth,at least he delays not to assail him,and sits not idle in grief. And it may be that Eru has set in me a fire greater than thou knowest.Such hurt at the least will I do to the Foe of the Valar that even the Mighty in the Ring of Doom shall wonder to hear it.Yea,in the end they shall follow me.Farewell!"

From: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord of the Nazgul
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 534
posted      Profile for Lord of the Nazgul   Author's Homepage   Email Lord of the Nazgul   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
GIMLI! Dwarves cool
Silmarillion:Turin!

From: Somewhere in Iowa | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Silmarillion, I'd be Tuor!
From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hae
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1005
posted      Profile for Hae   Email Hae   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'de have to say a human, Sméagol would be very interesting though.
If i could play anyone from LotR thinking logically i'de say one of the riders of rohan. possibly Éomer.

Interesting description on why to play legolas. But when acting you kinda don't need to actually be able to shoot a bow. It's more about whether you can act :)

From: Guildford, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archer Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 804
posted      Profile for Archer Baggins   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I would be the hobbit samwise
From: Oyster Bay, NY, U S A | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RingWraith
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 100
posted      Profile for RingWraith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think the good characters are multidimensional as well.

So, with that said, I would choose Gandalf. Wise with age, yet tireless in his determination.

From: Middle Earth | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Lord of the Rings » If you could play any character male or female in LOTR film what would it be? (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help