Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Minas Tirith Forums » Reference Material » NEW Tolkien Game - Rare Entries (Page 9)
Author Topic: NEW Tolkien Game - Rare Entries
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
How about posting them all? []
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Now don't be picky, DQ - this game only closed in May. You can't expect ALL the answers so soon.

And we accept your apology, Inc'.

Oh. You didn't make one...

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Queen of Grammar with King Marcho.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, give me a break here. I apologized in the PM I sent DQ, and I am truly sorry that you had to wait, but this is just a game !

I've had much more important issues to deal with the last few months than to check all the answers to the game, and I'm entitled to post in other threads if I want to. I wanted to be quicker, but I just couldn't. I didn't want to post here earlier because I didn't want you guys to think, seeing my answer, that the results finally came when they had not. Just relax, stay around, and I'll get to the answers when I've dealt with all the rest. Because your attitude now is, I think, as unpleasant as how you see mine.

I was asking whereas you would be interested in all the answers but one, because I have the results for all the answers but one, and that I just don't have time to check the last one now. But you don't seem interested. So you'll have to wait some more.

It's not like people have never left MT or stopped posting North while they had to give the answer for a game before. Sometimes it's even been years.

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Only when I asked if you were ever going to do it. You didn't post here for nearly a month! Nor did anyone else know you had as I don't post PMs publicly.

I don't think anyone's being unpleasant, but it has now been 5 months, in that time we might reasonably expect the results in. If I had a game, I'd give it priority over posting elsewhere. I don't think using "other people do it" is much of an excuse, personally... Why start a game and not give the answers? []

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I already explained why I didn't post in this thread.
I don't use the fact that other people do it as an excuse, I'm just saying that when other people do it, people don't get upset that much against them.
I'm not saying you shouldn't expect the results, I'm saying although I agree that you should remind me about the game, it just got more aggressive and personal lately, and I found it a little harsh. That's all. I don't think I didn't do anything wrong, I just need more time and I'm sorry about it.
And posting elsewhere is not relevant since what's taking time in the game is figuring out and checking all the answers and calculating the score, not posting the results []

[ 10-26-2012, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

True enough, but if you've time to be posting, you've time to be working out that last answer. Surely?
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Am I correct in assuming that this game is defunct? That it is no more, has ceased to be and gone to meet its maker? Was it pining for the fjords, poor thing? (That's the twiddly bits around Norway.)
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Really? Another two weeks and nothing? []
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

*sigh*

So much more worthwhile to post comments on the weather, isn't it?

Are we having the answers EVER?

Zirith
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 11256

posted      Profile for Zirith   Email Zirith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
So, should this thread be considered closed? []
From: In the Ruins of the Palace of Aurilosse | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

I think that Inc' should give us a Christmas present...
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Agreed. Christmas pressie, Inc?
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Results will be posted soon.
7 months ago. []

[ 12-30-2012, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: Artaresto ]

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

That long, Arty? []

Inc! Get a move on! []

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

Oh, he's too busy with the Party.

Waste of time imo.

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

I know I made you all wait a looong time and you thought you were going to kill me and you couldn't take it anymore and so on, and even if it's just a game on an Internet board I am sorry that it didn't work out better.
But be glad (or less angry) because I'm currently checking the results and they will be posted in a few minutes - I still need to go over something and then write it all here.

Yeah I know you're all [] -ing right now but hopefully when most of you read this the answers will be just below. []

[ 01-22-2013, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

0 1 2 3 4 5 6

1 1 1 2 1 1 2 GtD 4
1 5 1 1 1 5 1 DQ 25
2 1 1 2 1 5 2 Zirith 40
1 5 1 1 1 5 2 HG 50
1 5 1 0 1 5 2 pi 200
1 5 2 1 0 5 2 Arta 300
2 5 2 0 0 1 2 SSA 480

Lots of 2s and 5s here !

0) Name a horse that appears in the Lord of the Rings.

2 Roheryn
1 Firefoot
1 Bill
1 Felarof
1 Wise-nose
1 Hasufel

There were many more possibilities that I'd imagined here, since I hadn't taken into account the Tom Bombadil's poneys. [] The most obvious (maybe) Bill and Asfaloth have been shunned.

1) Name a chapter of the Lord of the Rings in which Varda is mentioned.

5 Farewell to Lórien
1 Gray Havens
1 Flight to the Ford

Interestingly, the obvious Farewell to Lórien have been chose by almost everyone. I didn't look up all the possible chapters, but if you include the songs and the moments where Frodo or Sam cry "A Elbereth Gilthoniel", there's quite a few of them I think. (Note that I didn't ask for the name Varda to be mentioned, but the character, hence Elbereth would count.)

2) Name (in an Elvish language) a species of plants that appears in the Lord of the Rings.

2 Athelas (or Asea Anarion)
1 Niphredil
1 Mallos
1 Athelas
1 Lebethron
1 Alfirin
1 Mallorn

The obvious Mallorn have been quite forgotten - or deliberately not chosen. Congrats to all the answers. Asea Anarion being another name for Athelas, they count as the same answer (see rules).

3) Name one of the "armies" that fought in the Battle of the Five Armies.

2 Men (of Esgaroth)
1 Elves of Mirkwood
1 Goblins
1 Dwarves

WRONG ANSWERS
1 Giant Eagles
1 Great Eagles

The five aforementioned armies are : Men, Elves, Dwarves, Goblins and Wolves, as is explicitely said in The Hobbit. That was the trick : to identify exactly what the armies were. And the Eagles are not counted among them. Which is kind of unfair, in a way, because they saved a bunch of people, but it is true that they arrived later.

4) Name one of the first five elves whose deaths are described in the Silmarillion.

1 Elenwë
1 Denethor
1 Míriel
1 Finwë
1 Fëanor

WRONG ANSWERS :
Finrod
Lenwë

The order is : Míriel, Finwë, Elenwë, Denethor, Fëanor. Other Elves died at Alqualondë but their name are not given. I have not found where the death of Lenwë is described.

5) Name a place whose Sindarin name contains the word calen, "green".

5 Calenardhon (or Rohan)
1 Calenhad
1 Erys Lasgalen

Inflexions as calen->galen are acceptable. Here, the most obvious answer has been chosen as well. It is interesting to see how sometimes it's very popular and sometimes totally not. []

6) Name a queen (consort or sovereign) of Númenor.

2 Tar-Ancalimë
2 Ar-Zimpraphel
2 Inzilbêth
1 Tar-Vanimeldë

There was also : Telperien, Erendis and Almarian.

Thanks to everyone for playing and for waiting. I guess that will be the last game. []

[ 01-22-2013, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Worth the wait! []
From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Only the last if you're lazy, I suspect. I, for one, would play again.

If I hadn't been stumped and given a couple of popular answers I'd have done fairly well there... Still, second! []

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Only the last if you're lazy, I suspect.
Or if he doesn't want a repetition of the reactions he got, if he cannot deliver "on time" next time either. []
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

In fairness, people have children in the time he took to put the answers up. [] []
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Reference Material » NEW Tolkien Game - Rare Entries (Page 9)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help